Can u help out a lil ol' student?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
I am new here, So hello!

I've had a look around and tried to join in on threads...

Anyway, I have a few questions but two main ones are:

• Where can I get 'The Edge' nail art products for cheap (I'm a poor student....lol)
  • Is it possible to start out as a tech with just an NVQ level 2? (whilst doing level 3 of course!!)
Any help (...without the criticism) would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Hi Red, welcome to the mad house:hug:
Not knowing where in the uk you are from makes it a bit difficult to help you but, the Edge products are sold at Professional Choice in my neck of the woods, the prices are good and there is no minimum order amount. I like your nail art, have a good trawl through the gallery's for inspiration, you have a good steady hand:lol:
Oh and theres nothing wrong with NVQ 2, I have been told its the same level as 2 A levels I wish I worked regular hours and could follow the same.
How did you like young nails?

Hi and welcome!

The Edge products are sold at capital or sallys (I thnk)

hth

I'd be interested to know how your day went with young Nails too, I've seen The Edge at my local Salon-Services (if you have one near you)? not sure they'd be any cheaper tho! :hug:

I am in the greater manchester area. I dont mind buying online though. Do proffessional choice have a website?

The young nails training was amazing, I wish I could afford the whole course with them. Steve who did the training amazed me because I have never known a male nail technician and his techniques were really good, it made me want to do the level 3 right away lol!

Thank you for all your help :)

Have you tried Welcome to Edge Nail & Beauty if you google the edge nails loads of places that sell it come up, then you can shop around for the cheapest place :hug:

hi and welcome. they have their own website too - www.edgenails.co.uk and you'll find that prices will prob be the same as the website wherever you buy, but it doesn't hurt to shop around. xx:)

I've looked at the edge website but i just thought they were a bit expensive... but maybe I am a cheapskate?! lol
I dont like just buying off random sites incase they are dodgy -I think im paranoid! Thats why I asked so I know they are legit (sp?) sites :) I will look at the ones you all have suggested

I've looked at the edge website but i just thought they were a bit expensive... but maybe I am a cheapskate?! lol
I dont like just buying off random sites incase they are dodgy -I think im paranoid! Thats why I asked so I know they are legit (sp?) sites :) I will look at the ones you all have suggested
is allways a con cern and a risk u take. There is the excal show in london 2/3/4/ march there are usually offers there?

if you trained with young nails hun why are you wanting to use the edge ? just curios thats all ?:green:

That's what I was wondering :confused:, but after reading the post again I think it's just the edge nail art stuff??

If you're after nail art stuff, check out the craft section of the "cheap" shops. I have glitters, bullion beads, feathers, all sorts of little bits and pieces, and it's alot cheaper then "nail art" supplies. Just buy a little bit to start with and check that it is colour fast.

Young Nails do fantastic nail art products including coloured gels, glitters, cracked ice etc

There coloured acrylic range is amazing

if you trained with young nails hun why are you wanting to use the edge ? just curios thats all ?:green:

We only did an acrylic and gel 'training day' and I have only ever used the edge and some paints from california nails and its only the edge that worked well for me. plus young nails is soooo expensive lol

Also, I really want to go to the london show but I can't take the time off college to travel down there and go to the actual show because isn't it on a monday and tuesday? If it was on thurs, fri, saturday or sunday then I'd be fine lol.

Sunday the 2nd is when a whole shed load of us are going hun, maybe see you there?:)

Sunday the 2nd is when a whole shed load of us are going hun, maybe see you there?:)

I'll have to speak to the boyfriend, and see if he fancies a day in london, would it be worth it though if we had to travel back on the sunday evening?

We only did an acrylic and gel 'training day' and I have only ever used the edge and some paints from california nails and its only the edge that worked well for me. plus young nails is soooo expensive lol

Also, I really want to go to the london show but I can't take the time off college to travel down there and go to the actual show because isn't it on a monday and tuesday? If it was on thurs, fri, saturday or sunday then I'd be fine lol.

you'll find that young nails is one of the lower priced ranges when you look into getting a quality brand.

if you are really serious about doing good nails , young nails is a great place to start. it really is worth investing in a decent product as it will help you get quality results.

hey!

i get all my hair and nail products from Capital Hair and Beauty near me in Hove, they are really good, they have everything you will need including stuff from The Edge!

Have a look at their website Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd - Hairdressing & Beauty Wholesalers for your nearest one!

I hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back