can use ibd ultra seal over airbrushing ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
Hi there all

I havnt post for a long time as been very busy but glad to be back reading all the posts.......

I have just decided to have another bash at airbrushing once again

I have had the airgun out today and did a french stencil on a client an then top coated it an it all cracked why does it do this ????

in the end i had to take it all off couldnt let client go away like that
so just hand painted it,

so i have bought ibd ultra seal to use is this going to be ok to use ?

will it crack ?

has anyone used this before an had good results ?

been interesting to know

look forward to your replies

Nailorama said:
I find using a base coat, then doing the airbrushing. leaving that to dry with a long blast of air. then putting on the airbrush varnish and making sure that is dry. then a top coat, usually works for me and it doesnt crack.

Do you do the airbrushing over a nail varnish?

hi there

i base coated it let that dry, then airbrushed a french,
then let that dry then applied top coat then it cracked instantly....

i have the varnish but when i had my toes airbrushed at another salon a few weeks back they looked fantastic and she just base coated frenched an then top coated no varnish an they looked fine.

do you all use varnish before top coat then ?????????????????

Nailorama said:
No I use a base coat. Then do the airbrushing and use a reasonable amount of airbrush sealer varnish. then use a top coat.

I find I always have to use a good amount of airbrush sealer varnish otherwise it does crack.

I was just wondering if you used nail varnish as a base as i have read in previous threads that, that can cause cracking.

x

yes i use a nail varnish base coat pale pink colour
and then french stencil then normal basic top coat

i have got the airbrush sealer varnish but just didnt use it reason being i would of had to go an clean gun out before putting the varnish in.....
my client only had 40 min appointment i was trying to rush as she was on her lunch break my fault really

anyway i have just tried the ultra seal without using varnish sealer , i applied it straight after airbrushing had dried an no cracking cured it for 3 mins under the lamp an then wiped off with cleaner plus an it seems fine
only problem is when ultra seal is cured it tends to shrink back after curing and if you dont cap edge properely u see a gap at the edge of the tip, looks worse on mine because i was just practising on my own nail an havnt got a tip on an not much free edge

what about IBD intense seal rather than ultra seal. i hate ultra seal but intense seal is fab! full cure so you dont need to wipe over after. and UV enhancers. only problem is it glows under UV light! lol.

Hi ya babe, long time no post but nice to see ya back on board.....
When you airbrush make sure you don't overload the nail with paint....
When the spray hits the nail it should be almost dry when going on the nail......it should look dull and not wet on the nail....build up the layer of paint rather than trying to get it covered in one spray.. use a normal drying top coat, not a fast or rapid drying one, this can cause a shrink and crackle effect.....
Rachel fro K-Sa-Ra aka Chocolate or JackieMc are the experts maybe they can help you some more xxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya babe, long time no post but nice to see ya back on board.....
When you airbrush make sure you don't overload the nail with paint....
When the spray hits the nail it should be almost dry when going on the nail......it should look dull and not wet on the nail....build up the layer of paint rather than trying to get it covered in one spray.. use a normal drying top coat, not a fast or rapid drying one, this can cause a shrink and crackle effect.....
Rachel fro K-Sa-Ra aka Chocolate or JackieMc are the experts maybe they can help you some more xxxx

hiya ruth

good to hear from you, hope you are well

yes maybe i did blast it out a little quick then, thing is with me ruth im a nervous reck with the dam thing, when got it in my hand i go to pieces god knows why...... i tell you what im gonna master this if it kills me

do you use a varnish sealer ?

like i said that ultra seal seemed ok just shrunk a little after curing thats all..

as for the other one some mentioned i have never heard of that ibd product they certainly dont sell it where i get my ibd products from

may look into that...

im back anyway ruth so beware of all the questions you know me lol...

off now to watch jordan an peter itv 2 sad arent i

byeeeeeeee for now x

LOL babe, right Melle from All Things Nails does a fab airbrush top coat, a brush on one and her base coat is fab too.......
Website is www.Allthingsnails.co.uk she is a real airbrush geek lol.....
HTH

Latest posts

Back