Can you critique my new website please? (:

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Last edited:
Hello all :)

Recently set up my website & id like everyone to take a look & give me an honest opinion on it please. Its not finished as yet, as i still need to add a few photos & client testamonials but ive got a week left to do that.

Thanks in advance, Amy x

All Dolled Up - Hairdressing, Hair Extensions & Spray tanning | All Dolled Up

All Dolled Up - Hairdressing, Hair Extensions & Spray tanning | All Dolled Up

Hiya,

Just had a look, it looks good hun but can I give you a pointer? The text you use to describe what you do/are is not at all easy on the eye. After reading about 3 words I was like "ahhhhh" as I was struggling. If I was a client, I would have given up after those 3 words and found someone else. Sorry hun but just trying to help. xx

Thank you for your advice! Its ok, i want people to give me an honest opinion & tell me what they think is wrong. I originally had a different font but thought it looked a little boring! Would making the text larger be better or do you think i should change the font completly? Xx

I agree too! Better font would be better as italics is hard to read. Apart from that it's a nice site.

hth

All looks good.

Couple of spelling mistakes - solution, consultation and finish. Think finish is only once from memory but the other 2 are a couple of times I think across the home page and price list page.

Post code: should be capital letters and numbers in all repeated instances then it all looks the same.

Looks great apart from that - get yourself some keywords in (in the pages section under advanced settings I think in weebly), it will give you the option to name each page and enter meta tag keywords etc that search engines use.

Have fun :)
xx

It looks great all dolled up, I found a few words with too many spaces in between them but other than that (I'm not being picky btw just thought I'd tell you) it looks good xxx

Looks good. I actually quite like the font. Maybe it's because I'm older and prefer the handwritten look.:o
You need to strike a balance between being easy on the eye, but still being aesthetically pleasing, both to potential customers and yourself.
There's far too many sterile looking websites out there in my opinion. You sell glamour, it's reflected in your font.:wink2:

I think with the "welcome to" etc, and titles are good in that font however for big chunks of text you should make it simple. maybe add a few more photos to break it up. I did a course on this and you had two pieces of text, one in italics and one in plain text and we had to choose which one we'd prefer to read and everyone chose plain text. Also, not very good for people with seeing difficulties. I would change the font completely - sorry, but at the same time trying to get you business. Maybe for your logo have the swirly writing "all dolled up", then your tag line "hair and tan" in the plain font so it flows nicely? xx

Thanks everyone :) dont worry i dont think any of you are picky aha i needed some honest opinions from a 'clients' point of view :) Beautychic- thank you for picking out the spelling mistakes! I type too fast i think :/ ive got some keywords already, are they not showing up? Ill have to ask weebly for help if not. Cant change my font yet as im on my ipad & it wont let me but as the majority of you have said to change then i will :) do you think i should only change the font on the home page where i talk about me & my services, or shall i change the price list too?

Im happy your all saying its nice :) i only wanted a free one for the time being so im happy its turned out good :) thanks again! Xx

Last edited:
Very nice, I agree with changing the font.

Also on front page there are a couple of instances where you have written I as i.

'I' is always upper and never lower case.

Latest posts

Back