can you perform microcurrent on yourself?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
Title says it all really but I am looking into buying a microcurrent machine for non surgical facelifts to use in my home salon for clients.

But... I would also like (need!) to have this treatment myself and since I work alone, am wondering if it is at all possible to perform on yourself?! (For myself, I am not bothered about the relaxing side of treatment - just want to see results!)

Too crazy or not?

Personally I would see someone to have the treatment done properly. I can't see how you can achieve the best results doing it yourself.

Mat

I do micro-current and microdermabrasion on myself, like you say its hardly relaxing but still does the job although I keep promising myself that one day I will book in and pamper myself for a change.

H x

If we don't invest in the proper treatments for ourselves how can we expect our clients to do the same?

Thank you both for your views and replies. :)

I do micro-current and microdermabrasion on myself, like you say its hardly relaxing but still does the job although I keep promising myself that one day I will book in and pamper myself for a change.

H x

That is interesting to know it is actually possible, thanks Heather.

I do understand your point of view Matt - thank you.
Just feel I should explain it is not an unwillingness to invest! It's unfortunate though but sometimes it just comes down to a matter of too much to do and too little time! (kids to look after and house chores to sort out, clients to treat, business to administer, training for new treatments etc).

I really want to be an advert for the machine I buy. I do invest in treatments where possible but also know realistically I will struggle to find all the time for the initial course so it does help to know I may be able to combine it with some top up treatment myself when I can snatch an hour at night sometimes!

Thanks again.

Last edited:
for a cheaper alternative you could go to your local beauty college and have the treatment done there? i did micro current at college so i thought they would do it everywere.
HTH x

Just feel I should explain it is not an unwillingness to invest! It's unfortunate though but sometimes it just comes down to a matter of too much to do and too little time! (kids to look after and house chores to sort out, clients to treat, business to administer, training for new treatments etc).

I really want to be an advert for the machine I buy. I do invest in treatments where possible but also know realistically I will struggle to find all the time for the initial course so it does help to know I may be able to combine it with some top up treatment myself when I can snatch an hour at night sometimes!

Apple Pie - this is my problem also, not the willingness to invest, I do when I have the time go and have treatments but when its a question of treating clients or myself I choose clients but at the same time want to keep myself looking good and being able to tell clients that its because I have these treatments its helps sell them.

I have had microdermabrasion elsewhere just so I could see if the treatment was same/better or worse than mine.

H xx

Latest posts

Back