Can you use Gel on top of Minx??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Question: I thought I've heard some people put gel over minx nails to help them last longer. If so, what is the process and how long will they last? What gel do you use overtop?

Also, do you have to purchase the minx lamp?

Thanks!!

Terri

I've never tried it but in theory I guess the answer would be no as Minx is a shiny surface and the gel would have nothing to 'grab' onto.

Hi,
I've tried this - just put a layer of finishing gel over the minx, tbh it didn't make it last any longer as the gel started peeling off after about 3 days.
Clear nail varnish would probably be much better, if you really want to put something over your minx but I don't think it needs it.

Hi there,
Gel doesn't work cos of the smooth surface. The best is clear acrylic, it works a treat.
Have fun having a go x

I find that if your extra extra careful when putting them on you dont need anything else, when i first started using and just heating and applying with my fingers, smoothing out i found that they stayed only a few day. Now i use a rubber ended cuticle pusher and i use that to make sure the minx is firmly stuck, in the heat while applying and then in the heat again after they have cooled down and been filed. I now get 2 weeks out of my minx and my clients get at least 1 week -10 days on their fingers. i did ty a gel top coat but found it just peeled off after a few days and didnt really make too much difference. xxx

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back