Cancellation that has really peed me off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
I know it happens in our industry and usually I won't let no show's and last minute cancellations get to me, however this one has really really annoyed me as the clients knew I'd moved heaven and high water to accommodate them!

Client phoned up Friday, begging my daughter to get herself and daughter in today (Monday) for eyelash extensions, this was the only day they could do as they were going on holiday the next day, there was no space and so we had to decline, she was really upset, said she heard good things about us and if we could make it work to call her back. I'm the only one at the minute that does them and I was fully booked, I couldn't move anything else over to anyone as they were also booked.

This is when I start to feel my blood boil writing this - my daughter who has Monday's off was going to see her Grandparents for the weekend, she said she was more than happy to come back early and work the Monday to earn some extra cash so I could fit these ladies in.

We phoned them back told them the good news and I stayed on after work Friday to do a skin test.

You can guess what I came into this morning - answer phone message,"we've changed our minds, it's too expensive".

Oh I do hope they have a fab holiday!!!!!!!

Make a note for goodness sake and don't let it happen again. I couldn't even email the client who did it to me last week. I was just using every swear word to the computer. When she next contacts us to book I will tell her that we're unable to accommodate her. I feel your pain.

Vic x

God i feel angry reading this.....

Don't you find tho it's always the new client, who is desperate, who has begged and who we have moved mountains for and given up our free time or our plans for, who either cancels at last minute or just doesn't turn up without a word!?

Don't you find tho it's always the new client, who is desperate, who has begged and who we have moved mountains for and given up our free time or our plans for, who either cancels at last minute or just doesn't turn up without a word!?
Ypu... Ive had a 'you've been recommended to me for a good tan' client cancel on me 3 times..and she's yet to actually get to see me for that tan...!!

Obviously her time is much more important than yours as this is just something you do for fun...it's not like it's your living or anything.

I really get annoyed with these people and it is always the ones you have tried your hardest to accommodate.

I had a client beg me to do her a manicure and pedicure before her holiday. I was going away myself and she left the day after i got home, but she had to have me. So after 2 lovely weeks away i stay up all day, have a 9 hour flight, arrive home at about 7:30am, get a cup of tea and make myself stay up for an hour before i head over to the salon to set up on a day i never opened on anyway. You guessed it, there's a voicemail from 20 minutes earlier saying that actually she can't make it, so see you after my holiday. Grrrr, i was fuming. She could have called any time while i was away and one of the girls could have passed that message on. Never again!

I agree make a note of them and don't do them any favours x

ALWAYS!!!!!! :mad:

yep allways!

..The ones who beg, say they need you, say you are soo good and they can't possibly see anyone else!!! grrr. I've delayed nights out, trips to visit my folks, shopping trips...etc. They always seem to be the new ( ish) clients as well.

...just a random thought...Do you think they are good at begging for appts as they get blacklisted by lots of other therapists who have been messed around by them in the past?

I'm a bit tougher now and recognise it's always the people who beg:

One that sticks in my mind:
Client in a lot of pain, desperate for an acupuncture home visit ( don't often do those home visits ) so moved my diary about and got to treat them. I took a lot of time trouble to fit their next appt in for the following week.......... They cancelled at the last min, saying they didn't need another treatment...then rang two days latter begging for another appointment.!! just as I was about to leave to visit my mum who lives 150 miles away!

..the answer was no...

I find it's people that actually know me that do it! I think because I have a home salon they think I'm just sitting watching TV waiting for them to turn up when they feel like it!
One cancelled a nail appointment twice, well didn't tell me until I text to confirm it! Then left to come for her tan and says she'd pop in after lunch lol. Eh no....you have an appointment and I'm busy! So she cancelled then arrived at my door 45 minutes after the appointment wearing full make up etc and skinny jeans asking if I could just 'do' her anyway!
I was in the middle of a set of acrylics. She's due in this week but I'm expecting another cancellation....

I had 3 last week alone! grrh!:mad::mad: All begging for pre holiday treats! I literally stayed open an extra 1hr for them. Not again, their cards are marked.(oh i will love to make them squirm if they try to rebook!:confused:) I got a total of at least 7 this month alone and thats mainly from promzillas!!!:mad::mad::mad: Meow!:eek: xoxo

'promzillas' lol!

Lately I have had a lot of this, and it's really starting to bug me. I send out e mail reminders for appointments as well. I am mobile and over the last 3 weeks I have gone to 2 clients homes for them not to be there, one was 15 miles away. I just find it so rude. If you don't want the appointment, then fair enough but it doesn't take much to pick up the phone and cancel. These people are now forever blacklisted! Over the years I have probably had this happen to me 6 times in total so 2 over the last few weeks is a lot!

We have a three strikes system in the Salon. If they cancel three times, they need to pay a 50% deposit.

I had an odd one a couple of weeks back.
Promzilla.
Mum was booking for her daughter before taking name and number she asked for a quote and I said from £X and she got all flustered and went ok bye, be trying to get her name before she hung up.
I assumed she didn't like the price and didn't actually want to have the appointment. 1471'd it and no number to call back to check.

Went onto book someone else in that slot.
And the day of the prom had a phone call from her saying they couldn't make it!

Phew!!

Only 'cancellation' I've been keen for!

So frustrating :( x

I had an odd one a couple of weeks back.
Promzilla.
Mum was booking for her daughter before taking name and number she asked for a quote and I said from £X and she got all flustered and went ok bye, be trying to get her name before she hung up.
I assumed she didn't like the price and didn't actually want to have the appointment. 1471'd it and no number to call back to check.

Went onto book someone else in that slot.
And the day of the prom had a phone call from her saying they couldn't make it!

Phew!!

Only 'cancellation' I've been keen for!

I had this other day actually. Lady called asking for cbd. Was referred by another client. Asked the price which I told was £18 for above shoulders hair. She seemed a bit surprised about it, just one of those ones you know are going to cancel or not turned up. Sure enough that morning she text 20 mind before appt time to say she couldn't make it. I text back saying thanks for letting me know and would she like to re book and never got a reply back.
Times like that I start doubting myself re prices.

I had this other day actually. Lady called asking for cbd. Was referred by another client. Asked the price which I told was £18 for above shoulders hair. She seemed a bit surprised about it, just one of those ones you know are going to cancel or not turned up. Sure enough that morning she text 20 mind before appt time to say she couldn't make it. I text back saying thanks for letting me know and would she like to re book and never got a reply back.
Times like that I start doubting myself re prices.

£18 for a cut and blow dry is massively cheap! Around my area it's about £32!! xx

Average here is 20. I do long cbd for 20. When I worked in Belfast and junior stylist then I was charging 29.50 for cbd and 15 for gent.

There are also few of the girls I completed level 2 with who are out on their own as well and they are charging 12-15 for cuts and doing dry cuts too, for a 5er. I don't do dry cuts.
Makes me wonder how I'm meant to compete with that. Even when I know I have experience and they don't.
Sorry I've just hijacked this thread! Lol!

Average here is 20. I do long cbd for 20. When I worked in Belfast and junior stylist then I was charging 29.50 for cbd and 15 for gent.

There are also few of the girls I completed level 2 with who are out on their own as well and they are charging 12-15 for cuts and doing dry cuts too, for a 5er. I don't do dry cuts.
Makes me wonder how I'm meant to compete with that. Even when I know I have experience and they don't.
Sorry I've just hijacked this thread! Lol!

Well if that is the average, you are by no means the most expensive. Don't lower your prices to compete as you know you are good at your job and deserve £18 for a cut and blowdry, the others don't have experience and you get what you pay for! If you lower your prices, it will just attract the wrong clientele xx

Well if that is the average, you are by no means the most expensive. Don't lower your prices to compete as you know you are good at your job and deserve £18 for a cut and blowdry, the others don't have experience and you get what you pay for! If you lower your prices, it will just attract the wrong clientele xx

Exactly!! Just the area I'm in They are tight arses lol!

Latest posts

Back