Cant use CIBTAC logo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly Bamboo

Reaction score
I am so annoyed and disappointed.

I hold a CIBTAC qualification which is highly reputable and also more expensive than other beauty qualifications.

I wanted to use the logo to promote myself but am told the logo is only for accredited schools and not graduates.

I find this very unfair and unprofessional.

What is the point of doing CIBTAC if you can not use the logo. You can use "CIBTAC dip". Why don't they have a schools ad graduate logo?

Who have you asked about this? I think BABTAC might know as CIBTAC is their education arm. I too have a CIBTAC dip...

I also have a CIBTAC qualification. It sounds strange about the logo.

Did you hear that from CIBTAC themselves?

As Calla mentioned, perhaps you could contact BABTAC as well?

You might not be able to use the actual logo itself but I'm sure you can use your name with C.I.B.T.A.C after it

I emailed CIBTAC and the response was not allowed to use the logo. Its for schools not graduates.

It just doesn't make any sense.

It's not much of an impact to put CIBTAC after your name. A logo is a better representation especially to clients who don't know what CIBTAC means.

Hi... I have just been on the BABTAC site and they clearly state that a benefit of membership is the use of their logo so I would be surprised that this would be different for CIBTAC, if so does anyone know why would this be different?!

i havent used the logo BUT all my business cards and treatment lists have it on there stating that i am CIBTAC qualified. And i also still have my badge so i would be surprised if anyone pulled you up on it.

x

Takes the mick really when places like CIBTAC want to raise standards in the industry.

How can we educate our clients what to look out for when you can't use the logo. I am not CIBTAC trained, I have city & guilds which I achieved during the time when pass rates were so high, now I feel my qualifications are not worth the paper they are written on especially seen as how the pass rates in some colleges are as low as 46%.

Just like a lot of things in the industry theres no one daring enough to regulate it! I know this isnt exactly what the threads about, but places like BABTAC and Guild seem nothing more than a glorified insurance company. Few clients know who they are or what they stand for. Its the same as embody launched 3 years ago to change standards etc and where are they now?

Its a shame that CIBTAC won't let therapists shout there professional qualifications from the rooftops! After all if they trained you to perfection then they shouldnt fear you using their logo to endorse yourself and your high standards. It would only raise professionalism, so what harm will it bring to them?

Kate

Takes the mick really when places like CIBTAC want to raise standards in the industry.

How can we educate our clients what to look out for when you can't use the logo. I am not CIBTAC trained, I have city & guilds which I achieved during the time when pass rates were so high, now I feel my qualifications are not worth the paper they are written on especially seen as how the pass rates in some colleges are as low as 46%.

Just like a lot of things in the industry theres no one daring enough to regulate it! I know this isnt exactly what the threads about, but places like BABTAC and Guild seem nothing more than a glorified insurance company. Few clients know who they are or what they stand for. Its the same as embody launched 3 years ago to change standards etc and where are they now?

Its a shame that CIBTAC won't let therapists shout there professional qualifications from the rooftops! After all if they trained you to perfection then they shouldnt fear you using their logo to endorse yourself and your high standards. It would only raise professionalism, so what harm will it bring to them?

Kate

I actually understand what you are saying to a certain degree, I know that more could have been done in the past to illuminate the public as a whole, but BABTAC historically has (perhaps rightly so) looked after its members.

The logo issue is actually quite simple to explain; when you become a member of BABTAC, you naturally get to use the logo, as you are a BABTAC member and as such have passed the eligiablity criteria. CIBTAC accredit schools and training institutions, which is not the same thing at all. In theory the correct route would be to complete the CIBTAC training, which would qualify you to join BABTAC - then you can use that logo. Essentially as an individual, using the CIBTAC logo doesn't make sense, as it does not relate to the individual? It would be like displaying a 'City and Guilds' logo after your name.

Latest posts

Back