Car rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
Yesterday I drove an hour away to visit a garage to look at a car I was interested in buying. I spent a good deal of time looking, test driving and thinking. The dealer test drove my car ( to take in part exchange ) and then we negotiated on price.

The dealer wouldn't budge an inch! so I said thanks but no thanks and got in my car to leave, but my car wouldn't start!!!!

My car has never broken down before but this is when it chose to do it!!! aaarrghhh. Embarrassing!
I was at a peugeot main dealer garage, in a peugeot that had broken down while negotiating on a peugeot!

I had to call out car recovery who had a look at my car. The sales guys nipped out of the showroom and asked the repairman what was wrong with my car as they were thinking of taking the car in part exchange!

In the end the sales guy offered me an extra £100 for my car, BUT it's up to me to get it repaired and running. eek!

The recovery guy couldn't fix my car so he towed me back home ( to my local garage )... god knows how much the repair will be! but I bet it will be more than £100.

Talk about bad luck!!! how bizarre is that?

Mortifying!

Fingers crossed that it's only a minor problem that can be repaired cheaply. :)

Was the dealer ever alone with your car?

The cynic in me is thinking has the dealer done something to it!

Far too mistrusting lol xx

The first thing I thought was what have they fiddled with!!!! Inital reports from my garage are ...it might be a bit complicated, but they will have a good look tomorrow.
I could just about cope with the stuff yesterday...but it's starting to get to me today. I can just see a whole heap of pain and it costing me money in the end.........sniff, sniff

I would wait and see what your garage says, then look to get a new car from a different place. You don't have to use the dealer you visited and I know of someone who recently got a quote from 1 place for the car he wanted, took it to another place and they beat the quote & threw in all the upgrades they could get on the car (including car mats and paint cover and a card with free petrol) to get the sale on a brand new car.

I feel the dealer had done something, I would not buy from them.

well it didn't get much better.......
The local garage were rubbish..had the car a week an a half, changed the battery and the fuel filter and spent a lot of time looking under the bonnet...the bill was up to £300 and they still hadn't found the fault !!!
In the end I called a halt and got them to return the car to my house.

I then paid £60 to get it recovered to another garage that hopefully would know what they were doing... luckily a day later a £100 bill and it's fixed!

..Fingers crossed for the part exchange on Friday! Still quite stressful though!

Latest posts

Back