Cartridge waxing...not as good as using sticks??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using wax cartridges for legs, arms, backs and chests ever since I came out of college about 6 yrs ago and have loved them for ease and quickness. Lately, however, I've had a few clients who have come back to waxing after shaving and have found that i'm not getting such a clean waxed finish and have found myself going back over applying with spatulas and have found i'm getting a much better result.

Is it just me, the wax i'm using or the fact the clients have been shaving?

I've been watching youtube with Kim Lawless and the Whole ball of wax excerpts and have picked up some tips which I have implemented and found are amazing help seeing though I haven't worked along side another therapist for nearly 4yrs! So jealous i'm based in Australia and not the UK so don't have access to all the fab waxes and training you guys have!!

If anyone else has experience using cartridges that could give me their opinion that would be great! I've used Caron and lately Lycon, so decent waxes so surely it shouldn't be a quality issue... x

I use spats but some people love the cartridges. Make sure you push the roller right through the hair so that the wax reaches the skin and you get a nice clean finish.

Will make sure i'm pressing firmly next time, thanks Kim, actually I think I have probably gone a bit lighter handed as i've felt my cartridges have been getting a little hot at times.

I have always loved the cartridges, but it's just been lately that i've noticed the issues... :(

Latest posts

Back