Celebrity Secrets vs Nouvatan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyathome

Reaction score
I have been using celebrity secrets for many years its a fab product and never looks orange no matter what % you put on now my question is is nouvatan just as good or should I stick to celebrity secrets? Can people who have tried both products please answer. Thank you :)

As you probably know Nouvatan now owns Celebrity Secrets. I'm sure if you phone up Nouvatan they will be more than happy to help answer your questions.

If you are happy with CS then why change? Nouvatan is lovely though and a lot more natural looking then CS. Personally I though CS was a bit orange but thats just my personal opinion. I never got around to trying CS sample so comment is based on seeing tan on other people, so could be wrong % was used. I do how ever use Nouvatan.

As you probably know Nouvatan now owns Celebrity Secrets. I'm sure if you phone up Nouvatan they will be more than happy to help answer your questions.

If you are happy with CS then why change? Nouvatan is lovely though and a lot more natural looking then CS. Personally I though CS was a bit orange but thats just my personal opinion. I never got around to trying CS sample so comment is based on seeing tan on other people, so could be wrong % was used. I do how ever use Nouvatan.
Hi thank you for your response, Yes I know they now own it and they have also increased the price of it. I would rather hear from people that have used both products than speak to nouvatan as i think they would rather sell their product than celebrity secrets. A lot of my clients have said this tan is good and natural looking so in a way I want to stick to cs however with the price change I'm going to have to increase my prices which I didn't want to do due to the area I live in, competition and people just haven't got the money now a days. Such a shame its been took over. Thank you :)

Ahhh ok didn't realise they have increased prices. If you are price sensitive maybe look at LA Tan as they always have bogof offer on their solution. I stock this as my 'brown' based tan and nouvatan as golden based tan. I personally really like it. Think LA's golden range is a bit rubbish though from what I've read from other geeks!

Suntana is also well priced and has great customer service. I tried it but had mixed feed back from my guinea pigs. Probably worth just getting some samples and seeing for yourself x

Thank you for your help :) will do some research x

The Price has NOT been increased infact its been de-creased. both products cost exactly the same.
Last year CS ltd who previously owned the rights to the Celebrity Secrets brand. were winding up there affairs and had an offer available to clear existing stock with a short shelf life.These offers were offered only by telephone, the web site pricing was un changed.
When we bought the rights to produce Celebrity secrets all the stock from that date has been blended freshly and priced accordingly.
Both products are premium brands that use the finest quality Eco Cert Dha at budget prices compared to some other company"s pricing
If you look at the multi buy option of 3 litres or more with free delivery you will find it is considerably cheaper than the previous pricing structure.
As for which one to choose, if your happy with Celebrity stay with Celebrity :lol:

I always had a feeling they were one and the same solution.I love them both though.

I always had a feeling they were one and the same solution.I love them both though.

To be honest Gillian your not the first person to think that as both solutions are alcohol paraben and oil free and use organic eco cert DHA, however the blend of DHA/ Erythrolose and colourants is slightly different, CS has a more reddish brown finnished result than Nouvatan.

Hi thanks for your replies. I always buy 3 ltr and you don't offer this option on your website, so to me it does work out more expensive :). Will look into buying samples and try the nouvatan out. Are they pretty much the same % as cs? I always buy 10% and 12% thank you

Ahhh ok didn't realise they have increased prices. If you are price sensitive maybe look at LA Tan as they always have bogof offer on their solution. I stock this as my 'brown' based tan and nouvatan as golden based tan. I personally really like it. Think LA's golden range is a bit rubbish though from what I've read from other geeks!

Suntana is also well priced and has great customer service. I tried it but had mixed feed back from my guinea pigs. Probably worth just getting some samples and seeing for yourself x

Hi lil'gem, can I ask how you judge who you are going to use Nouvatan on and who you will spray with LA? Do you use the LA when people say they want a dark tan? Thanks x

Hi lil'gem, can I ask how you judge who you are going to use Nouvatan on and who you will spray with LA? Do you use the LA when people say they want a dark tan? Thanks x

Hi I always ask lots of questions to try and establish what their expectations are! I always ask why they are having a tan i.e wedding, night out, holiday etc. If they have had a tan before and where they had it, what solution was used (if they know), what they thought it was like. I have researched and know what solution most of the tanners in my area use. Are they looking for a natural tan or deep tan. Ask the usual questions about clients natural skin tone and whether they tan naturally etc.

Generally with the answers that they give, you can make a recommendation. I always explain the colour difference between to 2 brands and their likely outcome. I always start with a low DHA 8 or 10% and recommend that if they want to go darker or they want to try the other brand they can next time. I have found that most of my ladies will stick to the solution they originally pick though maybe increase % they opt for. HTH

Hi I always ask lots of questions to try and establish what their expectations are! I always ask why they are having a tan i.e wedding, night out, holiday etc. If they have had a tan before and where they had it, what solution was used (if they know), what they thought it was like. I have researched and know what solution most of the tanners in my area use. Are they looking for a natural tan or deep tan. Ask the usual questions about clients natural skin tone and whether they tan naturally etc.

Generally with the answers that they give, you can make a recommendation. I always explain the colour difference between to 2 brands and their likely outcome. I always start with a low DHA 8 or 10% and recommend that if they want to go darker or they want to try the other brand they can next time. I have found that most of my ladies will stick to the solution they originally pick though maybe increase % they opt for. HTH

Thanks for your reply :) I ask all those questions too as that helps me to decide what percentage of Nouvatan to use. I'm unsure if someone said they wanted a really dark shade, would you go for a higher percentage Nouvatan or go straight for the LA?

I'm only wondering because I do agree that LA is browner and Nouvatan more golden so I have often thought of stocking a bottle of LA but don't know if I would ever know when to use it an instead just end up using a 16 or 20 Nouvatan?! Does that make sense??

Thanks for your reply :) I ask all those questions too as that helps me to decide what percentage of Nouvatan to use. I'm unsure if someone said they wanted a really dark shade, would you go for a higher percentage Nouvatan or go straight for the LA?

I'm only wondering because I do agree that LA is browner and Nouvatan more golden so I have often thought of stocking a bottle of LA but don't know if I would ever know when to use it an instead just end up using a 16 or 20 Nouvatan?! Does that make sense??

Yeah I understand what you mean. I don't necessarily recommend LA just because a client wants a dark tan though. I find some of my hardened tanners find the golden tones of Nouvatan just too natural iykwim. Some only have a 10% LA so its not a question of having a really dark/high % tan. I also have pale tanners who don't like brown tans as it doesn't suit skin tone (can look a bit dirty). I tend to use Nouvatan more especially for virgin tanners and brides etc. Girls who want the tanned look are better with LA. I'm pale but prefer LA on me to Nouva but thats just my preference.

It does make the decision easier when you know what tans they have had before and what they thought of them. For instance if someone went to a salon I know used Suntana and comment that they loved colour but it faded after 4 days I could recommend LA as know they like colour of brown tans. Equally if they came and said they love Sienna x I would recommend Nouvatan as it is similar golden tan.

I have 10% and 20% in LA and either use as a fast tan or mix when required. I stock all % in Nouvatan. I stock the LA as I have a market for it with existing clients but not sure its worth it for everbody.

Yeah I understand what you mean. I don't necessarily recommend LA just because a client wants a dark tan though. I find some of my hardened tanners find the golden tones of Nouvatan just too natural iykwim. Some only have a 10% LA so its not a question of having a really dark/high % tan. I also have pale tanners who don't like brown tans as it doesn't suit skin tone (can look a bit dirty). I tend to use Nouvatan more especially for virgin tanners and brides etc. Girls who want the tanned look are better with LA. I'm pale but prefer LA on me to Nouva but thats just my preference.

It does make the decision easier when you know what tans they have had before and what they thought of them. For instance if someone went to a salon I know used Suntana and comment that they loved colour but it faded after 4 days I could recommend LA as know they like colour of brown tans. Equally if they came and said they love Sienna x I would recommend Nouvatan as it is similar golden tan.

I have 10% and 20% in LA and either use as a fast tan or mix when required. I stock all % in Nouvatan. I stock the LA as I have a market for it with existing clients but not sure its worth it for everbody.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply with all that info. I may have a think about stocking a shade or 2 of LA as I know some of my customers say they want to "go darker" when actually I think they may mean "browner". Thanks again xx

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply with all that info. I may have a think about stocking a shade or 2 of LA as I know some of my customers say they want to "go darker" when actually I think they may mean "browner". Thanks again xx

No worries. Good luck and let me know how you get on with it x

Latest posts

Back