center parcs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliceellen1974

Reaction score
hi there

we have just booked 3 nights at sherwood forest center parcs and would like some tips on how to make our first trip a good one for anyone who has been.

we are staying in a comfort plus lodge and have 3 children 2,3 and 4 any advice on activities? what to do what not to do? what to take etc?

ANY advice greatfully received !

xxxxxxx

Well we tend to go to Centre parcs just before christmas so i never go without my slow cooker. Chuck everything in on the morning and come back to a nice evening meal.

We tend to work out before we go what activities we want to do and then book in asap so we don't loose out, get our bikes too.
That way you can spend your first evening settling in and not having to rush about.

You may find with the little ones you tent to find yourself spending lots of time in the pool and just doing kiddie activities.
We did the pottrey painting last time and the kids loved it, the twins where 4 then.

HTH's.

we went a few years ago and loved it.

Its very home from home and has everything you need....Only thing i would say is to take bacon, eggs, tea, coffee etc with you as the stores there are very expensive.

thank you both for taking the time to reply - some great tips there!

Yeah - we are taking plenty of food to save the pennies and hope to spend lots of time by the pool but may do one or two paid activities

thanks again :hug:

Just run the kids ragged during the day, they will love being out in the woods.
Hope you have fun and let me know what it's like there, have been thinking about going to the Sherwood forest one for a change.

I've never been so I can't comment at all! But a friend of mine said it was like Butlins with a lid!

Its nothing like Butlins - or with a lid ???

Its totally out in the open with country pubs, walks, wildlife, outdoor activities bike riding.

The centre is closed in - but thats about it.

There is no evening entertainment (as In Butlins - just a few activites to keep the kids happy - only pubs and resteraunts)

Its fabulous for just getting away from it all.

We always get a log to put on the fire even if its summer.

Been about 6 times now.

Its nothing like Butlins - or with a lid ???

Its totally out in the open with country pubs, walks, wildlife, outdoor activities bike riding.

The centre is closed in - but thats about it.

There is no evening entertainment (as In Butlins - just a few activites to keep the kids happy - only pubs and resteraunts)

Its fabulous for just getting away from it all.

We always get a log to put on the fire even if its summer.

Been about 6 times now.

thanks all - have booked an activity each for the kids and keeping fingers crossed for good weather x
will let you all know what its like
thanks again love ya x

you'll love it....

I hadn't rode a bike for years and i wasn't looking forward to it at all....but once i was on that bike you couldn't get me off. The wind in my hair and no cars to worry about...it was brilliant....we had rabbits and all sorts of animals at our patio door every morning...there was a heated floor in the bathroom...and one night we took advantage of the babysitter service and got our very own Mrs Doubtfire....(who i wanted to take home with us)....now, could you get this at Butlins !!!...:lol:

We loved center parcs and its not like butlins at all.Remember if you have a drink in the evening you have to ride a bike home.I ended up in a hedge:)

We loved center parcs and its not like butlins at all.Remember if you have a drink in the evening you have to ride a bike home.I ended up in a hedge:)

sounds fab!

and mrs doubtfire - bless!

really looking forward to it - lets put it this way..... its more expensive than butlins and the activities/ swimming paradise looks amazing!

xxx

we went to elveden forest last year and it was great!!!
I would totally go shopping and take it with me next time...especially for the beer and wine as the shop was quite expensive...not too bad if just popping in for bits but not for shopping for the complete stay. I would also hire the bikes next time i go as the would have been handy...they do a good one with a kiddy trailer...you would need one of them i would have thought with the age of your kids. I would say though that nothing is free other than the swimming but that is excellent on its own!!!
You cant really compare to butlins!
Have fun
xx

We go to the Sherwood Forest one on the August Bank Holiday every year, as a fairly large family group. Book your activities online before you go, take plenty of supplies with you and get some bikes. There's loads to do if you want to, or you can just relax by the pool or go for walks. You could even get your nails done or have a facial, although you'd need to take some serious money with you for it!! :lol:

There are some great places to eat and plenty to amuse the children, but it's not a cheap option for a break. I like the surroundings as much as anything. :)

Latest posts

Back