Certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wink2:
You're joking right?
Surely if someone has put in the hard graft to get a qualification, you want the sense of pride & achievement that comes with having a proper bone fide certificate.

I know I've said this before but a self printed certificate just wouldn't do it for me. You can't beat the thrill of receiving through the post your acknowledge of your hard graft.

Let's face it, most of the time these days, post is usually bills so how nice to receive something like a certificate :)
I am not joking but you've taken me the wrong way totally.

I'm thinking of something (hard copy type) that is more 21st century. Something smaller maybe that they can keep on them. I have an idea now anyway:wink2:

My original point was NEVER about the cost of printing……….it's about what's best long term for my students.

Well thanks to you all for your input; I really appreciate your views and I've taken on board the different points of views. :Kissing:

Kim can i suggest a spatula shaped award made of silver and engraved obviously? I know its not practical or cost effective but would look lovely framed on the wall! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I too would prefer a 'proper" card type certificate.

I did an advanced manual lymph drainage course a few years back and the certificate was a photo copy of a bought packet which were gold embossed around the side and the woman copied it in black and white and it looked absolutely crap. She handed it to me and I thought is that it.

I was annoyed as I had paid $$$$ for the course. I have my certs framed and displayed in the spa and it still annoys me to look at it now.

Next week I am off to Premier Orlando 2012, and a few of the further education classes give you a certificate on a flimsy piece of paper at the end, so for something like those classes/a few hours I would expect something of a lesser quality as such.

Last edited:
Like I said.......I'm not asking people to print their own.

The decision is to whether to continue sending a printed cert on good quality card paper or whether people would prefer to have a PDF file so that they can keep it online and send it to insurers and attach to CV's.

Pdf would do for me. I don't have my own salon but even if i was displaying my certs on a wall i would use copies incase of damage so printing a Pdf would look the same as a copy anyway.
However, i also suggested doing away with sending xmas cards last year and my friends and family freaked!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I send a certificate but when I receive a certificate, I immeditately get it scanned (I haven't got a scanner so I get my f-i-l to do it) and I send the jpeg to the insurance company and I also have a copy incase my originals get lost/stolen/etc.

I think most people are good to go with scanning their own certificates.

I have sent the odd pdf to students who want to notify their insurance company straight away but its a poor version of the original.

Latest posts

Back