Change from Bio Sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaajaneep

Reaction score
I paid £500 last year to do a 2 day course in bio-sculpture the lecturer didnt adapt to each learnin ways and didn't do a very good job at actually showing things!

I don't get much time to practice but due to the price i also hate practising because its such an expensive system

when i do practice or do a set they last about 10 days but it takes me soooo long! i hate the application

can anyone recommend a similar system? maybe a polish system like gelish?

Last edited:
I paid £500 last year to do a 2 day course in bio-sculpture the lecturer was a complete bitch and didn't do a very good job at actually showing things!

I don't get much time to practice but due to the price i also hate practising because its such an expensive system

when i do practice or do a set they last about 10 days but it takes me soooo long! i hate the application

A polish system is nothing like the Bio gel system.

If you don't have much time to practise then you are unlikely to do well in any system .. they all require patience, practise and dedication.

With all the geeks on this site you will be offered many different systems you could try but they still require effort from you.

Before you spend any more money you should use the search facility and do some research on the different systems available and then speak to the suppliers and ask questions of them ... and ask questions on here.

As you have invested money in Bio training it would make sense that you invest some time also in learning to master this product.

Take a look at the Bio Sculpture group on this site, there is lots of help and information.

Good luck.

I paid £500 last year to do a 2 day course in bio-sculpture.

I would recommend Shellac and Brisa Lite ... it is the only system that is anything like Bio in quality and like Bio, in that there is no roughing-up of the natural nail surface before application. Bio users say the application of CND is easier, many less steps and easier to work with. I have worked with both and I would agree with that.

I would like to kindly and politely suggest that you edit your post (as I have done in the box above) and remove the not very nice comments re the trainer ... we do not make comments like that here on salon geek. It is naming and shaming and against site rules. Personally as a site member, I do not like to see that kind of language or comment here. It is unprofessional and does not hurt the trainer .. only the company image which is not right nor fair IMHO.

All products take practise and dedication to master, and all quality products cost money to use .. that is the investment we make in ourselves when learning any skilled job.

Last edited:
I don't use Bio but after you've spent so much in a system I'd try and work with it and concentrate on practicing with it until you get more experienced with it.

As you already know with any treatment in our industry it's practice that makes perfect.

Also if you had issues with your training I'd take that up with them if you think it was substandard - how else can they rectify it and help you.

I love Bio Sculpture and have worked with it for 7 years. Practice makes perfect as with any system. I would give the distributor for your area a ring and see if you can get some additional training or something. It would be a shame to pay all that money and not use the training or products.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really like Bio Sculpture. Practise on friends and family at cost price so your not actually losing out?
After each set examine each nail and pick a pro and con. Write them down if you need to. On the next set aim to cut out the cons. Keep doing this until they're perfect :).
It takes me 35min to apply a full set of Bio Sculpture overlays.
If I'm removing the previous set I allow 20mins soak off time and 40mins application.
Is there any specific questions you have about it? I agree you would be wiser to spend more money improving on a system you already know than starting from scratch.

LolliDolli💋

there is only one trainer within my area so i cant go to any other trainer and she just isnt a beauty therapist at all, i done beauty in college for 2 years and my tutor adapted to each trainee this trainer just read from the book etc and hardly done any practical to show us, id rather just trail systems to find something that suits to me so was plannin on sellin my system as i have new colours i bought recently that are unopened and stored correctly. and just findin a different system completly it puts me off practicing because i know i struggle to get good results

Once you get to grips with it its great. What are you struggling with? I'd still ring the distributor for your area and express your concerns re the trainer and your training and see what they suggest. We only had one trainer in our area and she shut down before I did my assessment so I travelled to Bradford and the trainers were excellent. Don't give up its a great system. Xx

I really like Bio Sculpture. Practise on friends and family at cost price so your not actually losing out?
After each set examine each nail and pick a pro and con. Write them down if you need to. On the next set aim to cut out the cons. Keep doing this until they're perfect :).
It takes me 35min to apply a full set of Bio Sculpture overlays.
If I'm removing the previous set I allow 20mins soak off time and 40mins application.
Is there any specific questions you have about it? I agree you would be wiser to spend more money improving on a system you already know than starting from scratch.

LolliDolli💋

Wow, how are you so quick? Im mobile & take 1 hour 15 mins inc set up/pack away xx

I'm around 45 mins for overlays, 1 hr for infills & extensions. I allow an extra 15mins for nail art. I think it comes with practice.

Wow, how are you so quick? Im mobile & take 1 hour 15 mins inc set up/pack away xx

I don't know haha.
Just little stuff like pushing cuticles back. Move your hand quicker whilst you do it.
File whilst your cuticle remover is on. I use CND cuticle away. It's amazing!

I'm always trying to be quicker and quicker with my prep (but still thorough I don't cut corners!) it saves time and you don't ever have to rush your application.
I've always been just been taught to be quick. Time is money!
The type of place where I work clients want to be in and out. They slot is into their busy lifestyles haha.

LolliDolli💋

Latest posts

Back