Channel 4 news Tax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Hopes

Reaction score
Is anyone watching our MP's embaressing themselves on channel 4 ?? Trying to justify the recent tax claims ?? Its cringe-worthy!!

Is anyone watching our MP's embaressing themselves on channel 4 ?? Trying to justify the recent tax claims ?? Its cringe-worthy!!

Missed it...but seriously looking forward to 'Question Time' tonight:mad: I actually emailed No.10 today. Absolutely unbelievable what's coming out - the fact that they think it's ok because someone in an office somewhere said it was ok.....and then you get the people who say 'it's only human nature, you would do the same thing':mad: They are trying to justify the fact that they have no morals.

We have put these 'people' in charge of our country - let's not do that anymore, eh?

Time for major change methinks:idea:

It was embarressing. They were asked "do you think the police should be involved?" they said only in the major offences!! So the guy claiming expenses for his pool cleaning :eek: should be let off the hook!

Then they said its not the people claiming the expenses who are in the wrong its the system that allows it. . . . who created the system ??
shocking.

Just saw some guy on bbc news saying that our country is no worse than most others - so obviously that's ok then!:grr:

What is annoying me is that they keep saying that they were only going by the rules - but who makes the rules? THEY DO!!!!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

They whole bl***y lot of them should go a far as I'm concerned.

I also don't understand why there hasn't been a greater public reaction - why aren't people demonstrating outside Downing Street and parliament?

Oh and why aren't HMCustoms in there and the police for that matter? It's fraud and if it were anyone of us who was pocketing money from the tax man we'd be under investigation or in the clink! :mad:

Oh and why aren't HMCustoms in there and the police for that matter? It's fraud and if it were anyone of us who was pocketing money from the tax man we'd be under investigation or in the clink! :mad:

That is what really annoys me. Could you imagine if it were just the average Joe fiddling the system? They would throw away the key!

Our local MP has been found claiming 16K for a mortgage that is already fully paid off!! OMG roll on election day!

That is exactly the point, they think they are above the law. If i claimed 16k back for a mortgage that had already been paid off :eek: i would be put in prison for fraud (which is so serious in this country that murderers have been known to get a more lenient sentence)

With the NHS in the state that it is and soldiers without correct equipment it should most definately be taken to court.

I think it's disgusting the way the people who are meant to be running this country have managed to contribute to the credit crunch, having millions on the dole and people losing their homes, whereas they can claim for a second house, phantom mortgages, having their pool's cleaned, hedges trimmed and moats cleaned!!! I definitely think they are all as bad as each other and the speaker of the house should be fired but they are also shifting the blame onto him and using him as a scapegoat. To be honest I'm not sure how to vote when the time comes because none of the MP's are trust worthy! I could keep going but dont want to put you guy's to :zzz: ha ha

I guess any MPs who try to claim for expensive hi-fi components will now argue that they needed a new Speaker ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess any MPs who try to claim for expensive hi-fi components will now argue that they needed a new Speaker ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

ha ha !
i hope they dont think the speaker resigning is going to calm the storm. How can anyone be expected to vote now, who would you go for? Money grabbing scum 1 or 2 ? hmmmmm tricky.

That's a really tricky one! I would probably vote Tory in a general election, on account of our local Tory MP being really good, and me having really fallen out of love with Labour especially with their Orwellian overtones (ID cards, road pricing and whatnot) - Big Brother really would be watching you if Labour won the next general election - and not the one in the Channel 4 house in Hertfordshire either!

Although in terms of actual policies, I am tied between the Liberal Democrats and the Greens...
Posted via Mobile Device

If any of us falsified our accounts we would be up in front of the beak.
The clamour for a general election is growing louder by the day. they should heed the wishes of the people and allow the electorate to decide on a fresh start.

Latest posts

Back