Charge for UV top coat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Geeks :)

I have been making up new signs for my salon today offering revamped treatments. But unfortunately i have spent the last half hour with a thumping head not knowing what to put on my poster offering gel top coat to acrylic nails. :rolleyes:

The design is there its the wording i can't decide on. I have been open 3 years and have never changed my prices, now is not the right time to start putting them up. So i need to charge for my new gel top coat its how to tell the customer why and what benefit it is to them?

Any ideas would be appreciated :hug:

To be honest hun i don't charge for it,
when i use a UV top coat i save on time and save on the cost of the files that would be used to buff to a high shine so the cost evens its self out,
in fact it could work out cheaper to use the UV top coat as i only use one file now refining, hth :hug:

To be honest hun i don't charge for it,
when i use a UV top coat i save on time and save on the cost of the files that would be used to buff to a high shine so the cost evens its self out,
in fact it could work out cheaper to use the UV top coat as i only use one file now refining, hth :hug:

Im the same i dont charge any extra for it.

I don't charge extra either :)

:rolleyes: Ok! But i know i'me not alone.

I havn't decided if I'm going to charge or not, but my experience with uv top-coat on L&P is : it prevents discolouring to a certain degree, I don't mean the acrual colour of the product, but if client uses selftan, sunbeds or such. And it protects the nailart better that a topcoat.
Thats what I have found, but there may be others that thinks diffently.
Besides that I find that a nail buffed to a high gloss finish is somehow prettier than uv-gloss. Cannot explain why, think sometimes the uv-gloss gives a different surface (very hard to explain)
So actually given the time and buffers used to high gloss, it's cheaper to uv-gloss...

And rereading this post I haven't been much of a help huh:green:
Hope someone else can:hug:

Latest posts

Back