Charges for spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannibronzed

Reaction score
Hi, ive tried to search for a thread but cant find one. Im wondering if any of you tanners charge extra when a client wants 2 full body sprays? Ive got a few ladies that always want 2 full body coats of tan and obvs this is like doing 2 spray tans so costing me more in solution. I use Xen-Tan and currently charge £15 for a full body. Any replies would be fab. Thanks.x

I would probably charge a little extra as it is using more product..eg if someone comes in for a bikini wax and wants an extended bikini I always charge a little extra as it is more time and product. If you're charging £15 and they want a full extra layer maybe charge £20 instead? :) don't think there's any problem with that at all. Just make sure if they are expected to pay £15 that you let them know before payment that it'll be a little extra and just politely explain that it's mostly because of more product being used as they want to be darker. Also if you have a tan extender maybe try and encourage a product sale there? :) hope that helps!

I would probably charge a little extra as it is using more product..eg if someone comes in for a bikini wax and wants an extended bikini I always charge a little extra as it is more time and product. If you're charging £15 and they want a full extra layer maybe charge £20 instead? :) don't think there's any problem with that at all. Just make sure if they are expected to pay £15 that you let them know before payment that it'll be a little extra and just politely explain that it's mostly because of more product being used as they want to be darker. Also if you have a tan extender maybe try and encourage a product sale there? :) hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking maybe charging £20 for a second coat, after all it is costing me for two sprays and Only being paid for one, plus the extra time it takes. Anyone else have any advice or suggestions please? X

I charge £15 for standard tan and £20 for what I call double dark which is just two coats x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you find a second coat makes any difference to the depth of the tan, I keep meaning to test it out on myself?
I know with other tan products the manufacturers say it's a waste of tan & not necessary. However I was trained using xen tan & told a second coat could be be added.
I have a few clients who just want to be as dark as possible but I haven't found another brand I like so was wondering if perhaps I really should offer a complete double up for a higher price.
Thanks kt

Nope it makes no difference really but some clients seem to think it does x

Maybe buy a higher %... ;)

Xen tan doesn't have a higher percentage! If only it was that simple lol

you can buy % drops, i have never used them so i cant really tell if they work or not just know you can buy them :) xx

Every manufacturer will have different guidelines but generally I would only spray once to ensure even coverage as any additional solution is not going to be effective, but just waste for you and some solutions can turn orange with overdosis of DHA.

If someone wants a darker tan you can use a darker percentage or offer a second tan after 24 hours when the first tan has fully developed?
A lot of dancers and bodybuilders do this before shows and in order to build the tan up you would spray daily which allows the tan to develop in between sessions.

you can buy % drops, i have never used them so i cant really tell if they work or not just know you can buy them :) xx

I have booster drops which all go in to make a ready made dark mix as advised by xen-tan. Not tried any others.

I'd charge an extra £4-£5 if I was double coating so think the OP was on the right line :)

I charge £15 for standard tan and £20 for what I call double dark which is just two coats x

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm thinking of doing the £15 normal price then £20 for a double spray. I don't find it makes a huge difference to the tan if they have a double spray but you know what clients can be like. I will give the drops ago as well, maybe girls won't ask for double spray if I have a darker tan available, I just love the colour of Xen tan and love how there's not 4/5 different % bottles to buy!
Thanks all for your replys :) glad I asked. X

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm thinking of doing the £15 normal price then £20 for a double spray. I don't find it makes a huge difference to the tan if they have a double spray but you know what clients can be like. I will give the drops ago as well, maybe girls won't ask for double spray if I have a darker tan available, I just love the colour of Xen tan and love how there's not 4/5 different % bottles to buy!
Thanks all for your replys :) glad I asked. X

Have you used xen tans booster drops I put a whole bottle in half a gallon & it's a great colour much deeper than just the natural.
Just have those few clients who are make me as dark as I possibly can go lol

Hi, I was under the impression that double spraying causes overload/drying out/ itching etc., can you avoid this by second spraying a day later and does it help? I spray the local dancers and they want to be darker than this, 20% Nouvatan. Cheers, Mick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 140
Hi, I was under the impression that double spraying causes overload/drying out/ itching etc., can you avoid this by second spraying a day later and does it help? I spray the local dancers and they want to be darker than this, 20% Nouvatan. Cheers, Mick.

Yes you can :O)
A tan which is really dark I sometimes difficult to maintain and if clients are not very good with looking after it then it can fade patchy whilst a tan that is built gradually will remain even for longer.
If you have clients who come only once in a while to get a tan or you have clients who come for a tan every week you are going to see a difference, in the appearance and also fade off :O)

So for dancers/builders or anyone wanting to be super dark spray one day after the other? Both with high %? And its not harmful in any way? Sorry for so many questions.

No, If you use products that have been tested and approved for your country then it is not harmful at all and I believe it is actually better to gradually build the tan rather than apply several coats in one session :O)

I give 2 coats regardless , every time! And my cheapest spray tan is £20 (crazy angel) and most expensive sienna x tonight's the night £17

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397166006.127734.jpg here's some examples of my work with 2 coats

I always spray once then lightly most all over while checking everywhere is covered. Still use less than 50mls and charge £20.

Latest posts

Back