Charging to apply clients own strip lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

I am doing bridal makeup next month and the client has asked me to apply her own false eyelashes that she is purchasing from a local store as mine are apparently too expensive (I stock a selection of brands from MAC to Salon Services and all have different prices to suit different people). I haven't said I will do it or not yet as I wanted some advice first but I am seeing her next week for an appointment and want to make sure I can give her a straight yes or no.

Firstly what worries me is the quality, obviously I don't want to be putting a pair of lashes on a client that aren't going to look good, also I would have to use my strip lash glue as I'm not using the one that comes with them as I wouldn't know what it is like, also would I charge her extra to apply them? She's not the easiest client and doesn't tend to listen to instructions so I can imagine it taking longer than a few seconds to put them on. If so how much would you charge? or am I just over thinking this whole situation and just agree that she's paying for a makeup service with me and just put her lashes on as part of that service price?

Either tell her no as you're not insured to apply clients own products or say that she will be charged the same price whether she chooses your lashes or supplies her own (from the supermarket, lol).

Don't enter into any haggling of your prices with clients.
Just a firm 'No, this is my price' and don't try to explain or justify it.

If she persists and you think she's going to be a total pain, you can always decline to provide the service.

Thank you AcidPerm, excellent advice :) I think I will just charge her the same as I would if I had used my own and then she has the option whether to get me to put them on or not.

Latest posts

Back