Charging your own mom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you charge your mom

• Total voters
My mum has done and still does so much for me I could never charge her! My mother in law too! They don't have a lot done but they are both so grateful it's worth it just to see the smile on their faces! Xxx

I don't charge my MIL. She has done, and continues to do, so much for me that I couldn't charge her. She does insist on paying but I tell her to keep it and get something for my kids. Works for me as the money would probably be spent on them anyways. :)

aww everyones so sweet! i would never charge my mama! we always joke about it but i dont even charge my immediate family...xoxo

Ok im the minority here but I charge,

well actually I did say just pay a fiver for the cost of products rather than charging for my time (which I'd never charge her for btw, not that mean) lol
But I'm currently having ivf & my mum knows how much everything is costing at the moment so bless her she always gives me £15, as does my brother & sister.

I feel tight & hate taking that much. but she insists,

The way I see it is the extra she's giving me, is helping to fund for her future grandchild so I don't feel so bad lol xx

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

I would never dream of charging my Mum but i do treat her a little differently from my other clients... she lives opposite the salon and we've always worked it that if someone else wants her spot she moves to a different time. Obviously i wouldn't if she needed the appointment for something special.

My Mum is one of the most important people in my life so i could never charge her, or my boyfriend for that matter, but we share our money so i'd be paying myself anyway, lol.

Mum will always try to pay me somehow but then i just take that money and buy her something lovely with it xx

I don't charge my mum, but she always pays sometimes more than I charge! I never accept it but she will always pay someone else when I don't notice. She has my children loads and has even bought her own dashing diva wraps in colours for me to apply, but still forces money on me.

I don't charge my sisters, sisters in law mother in law, dad. Most do give something but I don't easily accept.

X

Last edited:
I never charge my mom...ever.

I am with you, I would not dream of it x She tends to buy me a bunch of flowers ever now and then as a thank you but thats her choice, if she stopped it wouldn't bother me x She is my mum and deserves pampering x

I dont charge mines either. Shes never offered to pay either the cheeky moo haha! No im joking, I wouldnt let her pay anyway. All she gets done is a brow tint and wax and a lip and chin wax every 6 weeks or so. And the odd shellac. She would get shellac more but because I dont work from home it would mean her coming to the salon. And shes really no that fussed :)

Don't charge my boyfriends mam! And sisters only trade price colour :), and friends only product charge, or little if they want a saturday app! after all we are business not a charity!! X

Would never ever charge my mum. She supported me throughout the whole of my training and was my constant guinea pig (no matter how nervous she was lol) .. She paid for all my tuition and has also bought me my first salon so I more than owe her back in free services in whatever she chooses!! It's the absolute least I could do really!!! Love my mum 😘 xxx

Good God! Charge my own mum/family/best friends. Never!!!!

Never would I charge my mum or close family. Friends get a very good discount. I have had free child care from my Mum for over 12 years. That's my my way of saying thank you. x

I could never charge my mum... I dread to think of the tens of thousands of pounds she has spent bringing me up!

I never ever charge my mum, mum in law, sis in law or aunties. But I also use them as my guinea pigs for new treatments. Works both ways then, everybody is happy! :)

I never charge my mum, nana, sister and grandma. Though they won't take no for an answer when they give me money. Grandma gives me £20 for lip and chin wax and the few hairs left on her legs. And nana gives me £50 for the few hairs she has left on her legs also. Xx

I would never charge my mum or dad(he comes in for a back massage every blue moon)..
Thay give my therapists a good tip tell all the old dears thay know and love it...cup of tea and catch up with clients and there baby as thay call me...at42 !!!
I do charge friends as thay would start to take the p!!!!!!

I would never think of charging my mom and I don't. I also don't charge Brother, father or best friend. They only pay cost for products as well.

Definitely not. Have a listen to this.

no charge sung by tammy wynette - YouTube

My Mum used to sing this to us all the time! It's a running joke in our family!! Lol!
I don't charge my mum or sisters, they don't get much done very often but they've all helped so much I can't charge. I charge everyone else full price though! :)

Latest posts

Back