Charging your own mom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you charge your mom

• Total voters
Mum and sis I charge a fiver for shellac- mum wouldn't let me not charge and always ends up giving me a tenner despite the pair of us physically wrestling over who will have the money!! Friends get between fiver and a tenner off.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Nope as she is my hairdresser and my childcare provider

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

My mum knows how expensive it is to buy products when just starting out, so not only has she been my model for a lot of things but she has chucked me a hundred quid every time I've invested in something new, which has certainly made a huge difference among the way.

I think it makes her feel like she's making a contribution without cash changing hands frequently :) works for us but I reckon if she couldn't do that she'd pay for products used etc.

I never charge my mum (or any of my immediate family). She does offer but I always refuse, same with my gran & sister etc. Friends just pay for products and not my time, that is only 'true' friends though, a handful of people who I'd class as real friends.

I can't Beleive people e en charge colours at cost of colour price???! It's your mum????
Thank god she never charged you for long service over the years!!!!
Jeeez?!??' If you can't spoil your mum to a few quid product cost and a pamper!!!!!!!

I can't Beleive people e en charge colours at cost of colour price???! It's your mum????
Jeeez?!??' If you can't spoil your mum to a few quid product cost and a pamper!!!!!!!

To be honest my mom insists, she says she would rather give me the business than another salon...

We don't know everyone's individual situations and personalities. Some mums wouldn't have it any other way and are proud to support their children's business.

Each to their own I say and you know what, if someone's charging their family against their wishes but just because they can't afford to do it any differently, I'm not one to judge and make them feel bad about it.

As for the thing about being indebted to my mum for having me, raising me, and supporting me? She did that through love and wanting a child. God forbid I raise my children to think they owe me anything, it's not how I was brought up and not how I was taught family works.

Xx

I would never charge my mum, although she ALWAYS tries to pay me! In fact I wish she'd ask me for more treatments but I know she doesn't like to put upon me!

Well I'm sorry we are equals in my house. I pay the luxurys like sky, the phone and Internet, I bought her pc, laptop and phone, the tv in her bedroom. I clean the house top to bottom daily including fronts of cupboards, nurse her when she's sick, and stay in family's house's if they are sick to nurse them. Try being the only one from my generation of family to be sat with people while they die (iv seen 4 people take their last breath), carry your grandparents on your back because you can't have the equipment to help them in their last years. All that without one word to anyone in the family, never expect praise or any thanks, its just how I am. So if my mum wants to buy her tubes of colour then so be it, but I don't charge peroxide xoxo

I'm same as happy feet really, more or less charge cost to mum and sister as if I didn't charge they would not get them done.
I don't feel bad as my sister is loaded and I'm not!
My mum I always do a tint or something to so I no she has had a good pamper.
If she wanted her nails done and didn't have the money fine!
Not bothered either way it's her that insists x

My mum always tries to pay but I'd never take any money as she does so much for me in other ways - has the children for tea once a week, takes in parcels, supportive etc.

I don't charge my mum or sister, they just pay cost of colour and thats only because they insist. I met half way and we agreed rather than pay full price just cover my expenses and it's sorted. Bestfriend and a few aunties get a discounted price (not all, family take the piss with it sometimes)xxx

I don't think there is anything wrong with this, it shows they support you rather than just in it for a freebie,
Although I know my mum would never just use me for a freebie, I know that my partners mum would. So I charge her regardless.

They would go into a salon and pay X ammount, so what's a couple of quid for a tube of colour?x

My mum would rather not get them done at all then not pay something! I started off not charging but she wasn't happy about it and stopped getting them done so we set a price which works for us, its cost if products x

I've never charged my mum, but she has occasionally bought me little gifts to say thank you.
I have to say I don't do as many treatments on her as I should, starting to feel guilty about that after reading all these posts!

My mil puts money in an envelope and puts it in my bag when I'm packing up, no matter how many times I've told her not to!!

Kim

No never.

My mum and dad have paid for half my beauty education, my salon is in their summer house, they have bought me loads of stuff for it to decorate and they paid off a large portion of the awful debt I was in in my 20s.

This is only a tiny example of what they do for me, so no I'd never charge my mum.

Having said that, she's not really into beauty. She'll have a mani or pedi every once in a blue moon, when the notion takes her.

Same ;-) love our mums

I do spray tanning and i don't charge my mum sister or my best mate!!! Its nice to be able to treat people

I'm thinking of doing a hair extension course...I'll charge then of course, but only cost price!

She's does way too much for me to even think about it. She's my Mum....no way would i want to earn money from her!

x

I don't charge my mum but she insists on paying even though she gave me the money for most of my supplies and paid for some of my training. I think the only people that don't pay are my sisters and my husband!

Leanne
X

My mum knows how expensive it is to buy products when just starting out, so not only has she been my model for a lot of things but she has chucked me a hundred quid every time I've invested in something new, which has certainly made a huge difference among the way.

I think it makes her feel like she's making a contribution without cash changing hands frequently :) works for us but I reckon if she couldn't do that she'd pay for products used etc.

My mum is the same over the years she has invested heavily in my business so I wouldn't dream of charging her. To be honest e en if she hadn't I still couldn't charge her she's my mum and done so much for me over my life

Latest posts

Back