Cheer me up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Evening Geeks,

Just thought I'd pop on, say hi, see if anyone can cheer me up or make me laugh.

As some of you know, my fiancé lives 300 miles away and only get to see him twice a month! It really really sucks, but needs must and all that!!! Today when he went home, I broke down, was in such a state and haven't been able to stop crying all day and I've been really miserable. Miss him so much already and won't see him now until 26th :(

I know there's people much worse off and with much bigger problems but today it killed me to wave goodbye on the train. Normally left feeling very deflated and gutted and normally hold back the tears and wave goodbye! But as I said I have done nothing but cry today before he went, when he went and after he went :( with the job situation nowadays it's making me think "will he ever be able to get a job near me? Will we ever be able to live together?"

Feeling so sad, so I thought I'd come in an see if anyone can cheer me up? Any jokes, funny stories etc? Lol xxx

Bless you! That must be hard not being able to see each other. Im sure a solution is just around the corner.

Lamest joke in the world .....

What do you call a dear with no eyes?

No idea!

Haha always makes me giggle :) x

Hello. I don't have any funny jokes or stories but I just wanted to say when I met my husband he lived here in the UK and I lived in the USA. He used to fly over to see me every other month and it killed me when he would have to leave. We did this for 8 months. I have since moved to the UK with my daughter and we are married and have been happily for 4 years, so far, and are now a family of four. I just wanted you to know I was in the same place as you and never thought we were going to be together properly. In the end it all worked out for us. Chin up. This is just a little bump in the road and I'm sure things will all work out in the end. Now hopefully somebody will come along with a funny story or joke to make you laugh.

I just thought I'd say I know how you feel *hug*
My other half is in the army, and went away yesterday, I'm feeling pretty miserable without him!

Normally I cheer myself up by watching loads of rubbish on tv that he doesn't like and laughing to myself at what he would be saying if he was forced to watch it!

I would post a joke on here to make you giggle but I think most of them are far too rude I'm afraid!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Bless you! That must be hard not being able to see each other. Im sure a solution is just around the corner.

Lamest joke in the world .....

What do you call a dear with no eyes?

No idea!

Haha always makes me giggle :) x

Oh I really hope so hun, it's been too long now :(

The lame ones are the best! My 3 fave from my 7 year old nephew...

Why are pirates called pirates?
Because they arrrrrrrrrrrrre! (say in pirate voice lol)

What do you call a dinosaur with no eyes?
A doyouthinkhesauras

What do you call a dinosaur that's had a hot curry?
A megasaurarse

Hehe! They make me chuckle lol xxx

I feel your pain. My boyfriend and i lived 4 hours away from eachother for about 8 months and just like you i would see him every two weeks. I'd leave work saturday, drive the 4 hours straight over there without stopping and leave early tuesday morning heading straight back to work. I'm an emotional creature and it nearly killed me.

After 8 months, my Mum said she'd spoken to my Dad and he should move in, god bless her. It takes a strong couple to survive a long distance relationship and if you last just as well living together then he is The One.

How long until the wedding? If he can't come to you, could you move to him? It's a horrible situation
xx

Hello. I don't have any funny jokes or stories but I just wanted to say when I met my husband he lived here in the UK and I lived in the USA. He used to fly over to see me every other month and it killed me when he would have to leave. We did this for 8 months. I have since moved to the UK with my daughter and we are married and have been happily for 4 years, so far, and are now a family of four. I just wanted you to know I was in the same place as you and never thought we were going to be together properly. In the end it all worked out for us. Chin up. This is just a little bump in the road and I'm sure things will all work out in the end. Now hopefully somebody will come along with a funny story or joke to make you laugh.

Ah thanks hun, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for us then, we've been doing it for nearly 7 years now :( thanks so much and it's lovely to hear it all worked out for you! You must be so happy :) I can't wait to feel like that xxx

I just thought I'd say I know how you feel *hug*
My other half is in the army, and went away yesterday, I'm feeling pretty miserable without him!

Normally I cheer myself up by watching loads of rubbish on tv that he doesn't like and laughing to myself at what he would be saying if he was forced to watch it!

I would post a joke on here to make you giggle but I think most of them are far too rude I'm afraid!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Ah hun that's horrible :'( I would struggle with that even more! I do admire army wife's/girlfriends, it's so hard in my situation, I can't imagine what it's like for you. Sometimes it's just harder than others!

Hehe I love rude jokes, most of mine are far too rude to post on here too, but I'm also rubbish at telling jokes, always tell the punch line first haha xxx

I feel your pain. My boyfriend and i lived 4 hours away from eachother for about 8 months and just like you i would see him every two weeks. I'd leave work saturday, drive the 4 hours straight over there without stopping and leave early tuesday morning heading straight back to work. I'm an emotional creature and it nearly killed me.

After 8 months, my Mum said she'd spoken to my Dad and he should move in, god bless her. It takes a strong couple to survive a long distance relationship and if you last just as well living together then he is The One.

How long until the wedding? If he can't come to you, could you move to him? It's a horrible situation
xx

We haven't even planned a wedding yet as we want to live together first :( mum and dad have said he can move in. But I wouldn't want him moving down until he has a job, we don't want the stress of him bring jobless! I couldn't move to him, far too much of a home bird and it would break my heart to leave my family :'(
Something will happen for us one day hopefully, even if it's winning the lottery :) lol xxx

/QUOTE]

I totally read the end in the pirate voice. Lol. My son is 3 and loves pirates. He makes his pointer finger look like a hook and goes, arrrrrrrrrrrr in a pirate voice. His new thing is pretending he is a superhero and makes a scary face and roars or puts his hands on his hips in a superhero pose.

My OH and I are very happy. It helps that he knows I'm always right. Lol. Seven years is tough. Hopefully something will happen soon for the two of you.

My hubby also in the army, we never see him just now! He also went away yesterday for a month!

So I know exactly how your feeling, it won't be forever and I bet he's missing you just as much as your missing him. 💐

:hug:

Hon I know exactly how it feels, me and the (only slightly :p) better half have done years of long distance, we were in different countries, about 800 km away from each other.
Against all odds, we made it, not quite where we want to be financial and home-base wise but.. we have each other, and although it was so very hard, it made the relation so much stronger.

You know I used to be quite silly (well according to him I still am..) but, I would steal a pair of his boxer-shorts and one of his large stretched out t shirts and bring it back home, candy from his country or things that i normally wouldn't eat but would when with him etc.
I made myself a 'I miss you-box' sort off, on days where I would miss him too much I would wear his boxer-short and the t-shirt, take out the candy, and do a girl alone night with ridiculous girl humor movies he would never want to watch.

A few times episodes like these resulted in interventions by house-mates who thought i'd gone completely wacko and would come in to make me dinner and keep me company lol.

I remember the hardest time, he called me, he had been mugged and stabbed and was in the hospital, there was no way I could get to him and I was worried out of my mind, he was alright, but just the idea of not being there drove me insane.
One of my roommates knocked on my door cause he heard me cry and heard me out, and calmed me down, at the end of the rant I complained while still crying I didn't even bring one of his t-shirts or boxers with me last time I came back.
He left for 5 minutes, came back with every roommate and all the wine and chocolate they could find, and handed me one of his t-shirts and one of the new boxer-shorts he had just bought for himself, lol
And because I looked ridiculous my female roommate did a solidarity move and wore a similar 'outfit'.

You will get there hon, I know with the economy and whatever else we have going on things may seem hopeless.. love endures everything and I am sure at some point, just like me, these times you have right now will become funny stories you tell on a birthday, followed by a great hug and a look between you two that says 'but we did it, didn't we?' that needs no words.

HUG!

/QUOTE]

I totally read the end in the pirate voice. Lol. My son is 3 and loves pirates. He makes his pointer finger look like a hook and goes, arrrrrrrrrrrr in a pirate voice. His new thing is pretending he is a superhero and makes a scary face and roars or puts his hands on his hips in a superhero pose.

My OH and I are very happy. It helps that he knows I'm always right. Lol. Seven years is tough. Hopefully something will happen soon for the two of you.

Ah that sounds so cute!!! Made me smile reading that! I was picturing my 2 year old nephew doing a similar thing. He is also obsessed with hulk and he does a 'Hulk... Smash' thing and then punches the floor lol! Xxx

My hubby also in the army, we never see him just now! He also went away yesterday for a month!

So I know exactly how your feeling, it won't be forever and I bet he's missing you just as much as your missing him. 💐

Ah that's horrible too hun. I hope you get to speak to him soon xxx

Thanks for the flowers hun, would send you some back if I could on the app :(
Will send you a hug instead xxx BIG HUG xxx

I think Iv just got used to it now,been with him 10yrs.. I know it won't help you just now coz ur missing him but try and remember you know where he is and most importantly he is safe!

If it gets too much for you it might be an option for you to move in with him!x

:hug:

Hon I know exactly how it feels, me and the (only slightly :p) better half have done years of long distance, we were in different countries, about 800 km away from each other.
Against all odds, we made it, not quite where we want to be financial and home-base wise but.. we have each other, and although it was so very hard, it made the relation so much stronger.

You know I used to be quite silly (well according to him I still am..) but, I would steal a pair of his boxer-shorts and one of his large stretched out t shirts and bring it back home, candy from his country or things that i normally wouldn't eat but would when with him etc.
I made myself a 'I miss you-box' sort off, on days where I would miss him too much I would wear his boxer-short and the t-shirt, take out the candy, and do a girl alone night with ridiculous girl humor movies he would never want to watch.

A few times episodes like these resulted in interventions by house-mates who thought i'd gone completely wacko and would come in to make me dinner and keep me company lol.

I remember the hardest time, he called me, he had been mugged and stabbed and was in the hospital, there was no way I could get to him and I was worried out of my mind, he was alright, but just the idea of not being there drove me insane.
One of my roommates knocked on my door cause he heard me cry and heard me out, and calmed me down, at the end of the rant I complained while still crying I didn't even bring one of his t-shirts or boxers with me last time I came back.
He left for 5 minutes, came back with every roommate and all the wine and chocolate they could find, and handed me one of his t-shirts and one of the new boxer-shorts he had just bought for himself, lol
And because I looked ridiculous my female roommate did a solidarity move and wore a similar 'outfit'.

You will get there hon, I know with the economy and whatever else we have going on things may seem hopeless.. love endures everything and I am sure at some point, just like me, these times you have right now will become funny stories you tell on a birthday, followed by a great hug and a look between you two that says 'but we did it, didn't we?' that needs no words.

HUG!

I don't mind if we don't have a big house, flash car, loads of spare cash... As long as we have each other and can come home and give him a snuggle at night, give him a kiss goodbye in the morning, say I love you face to face every day (sorry... Very soppy haha)

Oh that sounds horrible, I wouldn't have been able to control myself! My fiancé has had 3 strokes (2 since we have been together) and both to times I've been at home when he's had them... Then I receive that call... The first time it took me 9 hours to get there :'( it was the longest 9 hours of my life and I felt so helpless. Then... It happened again :'( I was able to get there a bit quicker this time but it was awful knowing I couldn't be there for him and I didn't know what to expect when I got there as I hadn't had chance to speak to him, I didn't know how bad it was.
Luckily he is ok now!

I can't wait to get that look in our eyes!!! :) thank you xxx

I think Iv just got used to it now,been with him 10yrs.. I know it won't help you just now coz ur missing him but try and remember you know where he is and most importantly he is safe!

If it gets too much for you it might be an option for you to move in with him!x

Normally I'm ok with it, just today is a down day that's all. I'm hoping I'm just having a bad day and I'm not going to feel like this every time we see each other now.

I couldn't move to where he lives, it would break my heart to leave my family.. I am used to seeing them every day!

A job by me or a lottery win would be our solution lol xxx

I haven't seen my bf since August & won't see him untill Xmas now. It's heartbreaking x

I haven't seen my bf since August & won't see him untill Xmas now. It's heartbreaking x

That's awful xxxx big massive hugs xxxx

That's awful xxxx big massive hugs xxxx

Thank you, and you :) I try to see my friends as often as I can but I'm normally busy with work so don't do much thinking! But when I do it's hard not to break down xx

Latest posts

Back