Chevron French, any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hi all, here is a pic of my nails i did today. They are EZ Flow L&P, i have used Granite on the tips which has a slight sparkle to it, and have done a CB on the nail bed.

I wanted to ask you guys, how do you get a really straight chevron? I had real difficulty getting it straight and even, (some of them aren't if you look real close) I did the nail bed first, then did the white, then over the top of the whole nail with clear.

I wondered if anyone knows of a good way to do these to make them easier to do.

Attachments

• Chevron French.JPG
    Chevron French.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 158
I think those are lovely! PARTICULARLY since they were sculpted.

I've only ever done chevron french with a polish, and I cheated using tape/guides that stick on:o

The best I can figure is to line up the center point with the center of the form? and visualize a straight line across the nail plate where you want the outside edges to extend to, and then sweep a brush to clean the 'smile line' so to speak following those visualizations.

I'm sorry I can't help more than that. It's the only way I can figure.

OR cheat and use those stickers and sculpt up to the line of the sticker and then rip it off and fill in with the pink or clear?

Sorry
:hug:

Thanks for the tips Rachel.

I have to say, they aren't sculpted, i used clear tips to do them on. Reason being, i have ski jump nails myself so find it hard to sculpt.

It's harder doing it on yourself, especially the wrong hand. A couple of times, i realised the point wasn't center and had to remove it quick before it set.:eek:

Ummmmmmmmmm I'm Victoria, unless Rachel pm'd you some tips?
:lol:

Ahh ok, you used clear tips
OOOHHH
Ok, how about using a pencil to draw your chevron on the tips, and then apply your acrylic? hehe
And with practice, you won't need to draw that line anymore?

How's that for an idea?

:o Oops, sorry Victoria, got you mixed up with the other thread i was replying to.

That is an idea of doing a guide line, hadn't thought of doing that.

Mind you, i don't have trouble doing the first chevron, when i do the CB, but it's trying to match up the white afterwards, which is harder to do without getting a shadow or going over the CB.

what do you mean?
I don't follow?
You do pink then white?
Or white then pink?
Or do you mean when it comes time to refill/rebalance etc?

Just thought I'd say how lovely these look, I'm sure anyone would be proud!
Well done you. x

Well I think they look like nails out of a magazine!! Lovely.

what do you mean?
I don't follow?
You do pink then white?
Or white then pink?
Or do you mean when it comes time to refill/rebalance etc?

When starting a fresh set, i personally find it easier to do the CB first, so i can carve out where i want my smile line, then i do the white and try and butt it up to my CB, (Which is harder when doing a chevron, i find) then i add pink to the nail bed to build the apex and strength, slightly pulling a little over the smile. Or i coat with a thin layer of clear.

Just thought I'd say how lovely these look, I'm sure anyone would be proud!
Well done you. x

Thanks Hun, i am pleased with them, but always strive to get better.

Well I think they look like nails out of a magazine!! Lovely.

Aww, cheers hun, really appreciate your comments. The pic does make them look good, but i can still see flaws.

Hi Wendy,

I can't help you as I still struggle with the traditional smile line:lol: :lol:

They look good to me thou.....will follow this thread with interest (sometimes these threads take a while to find ):eek:

Hi Wendy,

I can't help you as I still struggle with the traditional smile line:lol: :lol:

They look good to me thou.....will follow this thread with interest (sometimes these threads take a while to find ):eek:

I know what you mean, but stick with it hun. I never thought i would ever feel comfortable with doing the traditional smile, but i do, this is why i am doing this chevron one as it takes me out of my comfort zone.

Its the only way we get better.

Those are really pretty!

aj

Latest posts

Back