Children pamper parties for 13 year olds.. Do & donts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany.

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a pamper party booked in for 8 13year olds in a few weeks. The parent has originally asked for nails & make up to be done in 2 hours(including ssetting up& clearing away) not possible so I'm going to ring & ask for an extra hour.
So I'm wanting some advice,, for those of you that have done children (teen) pamper parties how did you find it?

1.Did you add a game or raffle or sone kind of extra which worked well?
2.Have you done things which HAvENT gone down well & won't be doing it again?
3. How do you set it out? So you get there, set up..lhow do you structure the event?? do you get the girls in groups? Do you do nails first? If so do you do them one at a time or do you have a few girls lined up?

4. Do you do make up? Or face masks? What treatments go done well?
5. Which make up products do you use?

Any good tips?

Thank you xxx

Hi there, I did an 8 year olds party couple of months back and it was just nails. I did a file, bright colour polish and nail art stickers with some strawberry smelling moisturiser. My advise is to keep it simple because my 8 year olds were not patient and didn't want to sit for long and I'm thinking 13 will be similar. They just want bright colours, nice smells really and I put a cheap polish in the party bag along with my business cards too. Oh and I had a tiara and feather bower for the person who was being pampered to wear when they were getting their nails done. I'm doing a minx course soon and have been asked to do a kids party for this so if you can do minx that might go down a treat! Hope this helps x

Hi
Thank you, that sounds fab. I'm thinking of maybe doing the girls nails but seperating tyem in to 2 groups, so 4 on each group. One group can do each others face masks which I provide with cucumbers whilst I do the other 4 girls then vice versa.. What does everyone think? X

Iv got a kids pamper party coming up, im not going to do facials but glitter tattoos along with nails and toes, there is also a hair dresser coming along to style their hair but iv got 5 ten year olds so wish me luck lol let me know how u gt on xx

That's okay but the first 4 wont want to do anything till their nails have dried and you really need to pick out just a few colours say five or six if you take too many they will spend even longer deciding on which colours they want lol.

Hiya, I'm doing a kiddie party in a couple of weeks but I'm doing it on 12 6 year olds. I'm doing bright nails with stickers, glitter tattoos and basic glittery make up (eyeshadow n lip gloss) also bought some glitter glue, sequins etc for activities while their waiting their turn. I bought some dress up items (feather boas, glittery cowboy style hats, fairy wings etc) and theyll be able to choose something to put on to have a picture taken with when they're all done for a keepsake.. I know being 6 is different from 13 but the photo idea would work with any age.. my 2 girls are 5 and 15 and love it when I do it with them. Have a decent up to date cd or ipod playing with the latest POP tunes maybe? Only ideas but hope it helps x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thanks guys these answers have really helped. If I took face masks for each girl and split them into groups, plus what could I take for them to play about with whilst I'm doing the otters nails. Was thinking a bit of perfume, maybe some glitter tattoos except their 13 so might be uncool! Can anyone think of some ideas I could take in a little box of tricks? X

When I was 12 I was getting acrylics done... So depending on how mature they seem to how you end up going about it I guess!
But would say that although the bright coloured polish and strawberry scent moisturiser was sounds great for 8 year olds, when I was 13 I think I would of felt a bit patronised!

Facemasks sounds like a great idea, maybe split them in to 2 groups, one group face masks first and other nails and hen visa versa? X

Also I think the glitter tattoo's idea could work great x

Thanks guys these answers have really helped. If I took face masks for each girl and split them into groups, plus what could I take for them to play about with whilst I'm doing the otters nails. Was thinking a bit of perfume, maybe some glitter tattoos except their 13 so might be uncool! Can anyone think of some ideas I could take in a little box of tricks? X

Sorry only just seen this!!
I know some people may disagree with me here...
The "glitter tattoo" otherwise known as (depending on your area) "the vajazzle"
If I was a 13 year old girl I'd probably have one on my hip at a pamper party.
Team that with a manicure and a pretty nail varnish and I think I would of been in my element x

I would think that a group of 13 year olds would rather have their nails done first and then sit having their make up done, this way their nails dont get smudged or chipped. Just a thought. It would be much easier if you did groups though thats for sure.

Also the tattoo idea - im pretty sure that 13 year olds will find it very cool to have a little tattoo. Maybe on their stomach or back or back of neck etc. 13 year olds like to feel 'older' as long as its ok with the parents im sure fake tattoos would be a good idea

I recently did my friend's 12yo pamper party for 8 of her friends.

We sat them all down, put hairbands on and then put face masks on, whilst they were on I then did a file and polish on their toes, they wanted bright, glittery colours and some wanted a french polish. None of them wanted their fingers doing as they were all in school.

After that they asked if they could have a make-over with a make up lesson.

I think that's typically what most teenagers would want. HTH's :)

Latest posts

Back