China Glaze varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Have bought 3 of these so far and found them to be rubbish, they were all Matt colours which I didn't realise, the colour is fabulous but after an hour already starts chipping and basically within couple of days is wearing off completely.

They are bought from Sallys so aren't "top end" products but seriously? Is it just me?

I use chinaglaze and love them. I do a thorough pep, use one of their base coats, their colour, and their top coat, my clients can get days out of them. Very popular and affordable with a great range of colours. Don't forget to cap the free edge just like a gel polish x
I have vinylux too that can last 7 days but the colour range in China glaze is just great. My clients pick more China glaze than vinylux.

I love china glaze! But i have found there original colours are matt and chip straight away. If your willing to give it another try i would suggest buying something with a shimmer instead of just a flat colour. If you like dark purple i recommend 'lets groove'. There 2013 summer neons are now shimmers to so they last. it is just there flat colours that do this, the rest are absoloutly amazing!

Have bought 3 of these so far and found them to be rubbish, they were all Matt colours which I didn't realise, the colour is fabulous but after an hour already starts chipping and basically within couple of days is wearing off completely.

They are bought from Sallys so aren't "top end" products but seriously? Is it just me?

I wasn't keen on them either. The colour I used looked like pink tip ex and chipped after an hour and that with capping the nail.
In all fairness to the brand I've only tried one colour but it has put me right off using any other shade.

China Glaze are FANTASTIC polishes.

As with all polish ('cept Vinylux) you must put down a good base coat (I use orly bonder) and a good topcoat (I use Seche Vite)

I always do:
Base
Colour
Colour
Top Coat

Same routine as Shellac tbf!

I love the CG colours, I am currently wearing Ruby Pumps with OPI Gelcolor as a base and topcoats (used 2 topcoats as this has quite a rough finish) and its been on since Xmas Eve.... :lol:

I love the CG colours, I am currently wearing Ruby Pumps with OPI Gelcolor as a base and topcoats (used 2 topcoats as this has quite a rough finish) and its been on since Xmas Eve.... :lol:

So did you do a gel base, regular polish and then gel topcoat?

As the varnish was a Matt colour I assumed you didn't need a top coat as it would turn it to a gloss look, defeating the object of the Matt look?

I received the Holidaze China Glaze collection as a gift. Full prep as for vinylux and used opi top coat and spa rituals base coat.

Didn't last 2 hours.

Same experience on my mom and on my toes(!)

Shame as I love the colours.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone used the Crinkle metallic nail polish yet Sally's are really raving about them. Anyone used there magnetic range? Xx

Latest posts

Back