Chix and little chix .. how much you charging?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blush09

Reaction score
just seen these .. just typical when ruth from salon alchemy almost finished my kids 'toe party' web site!
just wondered if they applied well and what you're charging for them - little chix only stay on 3 days but think they're perfect for kids who cant have minx!!!

just seen these .. just typical when ruth from salon alchemy almost finished my kids 'toe party' web site!
just wondered if they applied well and what you're charging for them - little chix only stay on 3 days but think they're perfect for kids who cant have minx!!!

Could you please explain why you think there would be kids that cant have Minx?

I'm guessing its because they aren't allowed to wear them for long periods of time for whatever reason? Stab in the dark there! x

I would imagine its because you are not allowed to wear nail/toe polish/wraps at school and to have something just for a few days would be a fab alternative for children still at school :)

I guess there may be some schools that have problems with nail polish/wraps etc. but that wouldn't stop the child having Minx if they wanted it and the parents were willing to pay for it and remove it in time for return to school.

I was asking as I dont see any reason a child would not be able to have Minx but would be able to have another wrap like Chix.

should re-word to say .. kids who cant have minx because they may not be allowed to wear semi-perm nail wraps to school, or because their toe nails are just too darn small for minx

I have done cpl 9 yr old parties and fiddly wasnt the word! but they love them so much, didnt want to have to take off my party menu, now at least i have an alternative for smaller toes/younger girls - although not quite like minx i just know they're going to love the little chix wraps

did a school fete in the week and had my tween/teen party portfolio on the table .. lost count of the amount of mums who said would be great if could have something suitable for the little ones, that wasnt so permanent so could take off for school .. then stumbled across these, perfect !!

baggybear, just read your last comment .. little chix isnt heat activated, it just sticks on, im guessing still have to cut to fit .. lasts approx 3 days, and priced to reflect this .. wouldnt be worth mums paying for minx if had to be taken off within cpl days for school - and im not prepared to charge any less than i do, minx is a premium service and i charge just under the going rate for kids as takes me just as long, will team little chix up with mini makeovers, glitter tats etc .. to make up the party time x

baggybear, just read your last comment .. little chix isnt heat activated, it just sticks on, im guessing still have to cut to fit .. lasts approx 3 days, and priced to reflect this .. wouldnt be worth mums paying for minx if had to be taken off within cpl days for school - and im not prepared to charge any less than i do, minx is a premium service and i charge just under the going rate for kids as takes me just as long, will team little chix up with mini makeovers, glitter tats etc .. to make up the party time x

I know about little chix - no heat and last couple of days as they are not laminated etc...

1) They take no less in time to apply - probably more time as they will be less pliable and have to be fitted on small toenails
2) They cost the same as the adult wraps do - you get 48 wraps instead of 22 but they are all smaller so I'd say aprox the same amount of wrap as 1 adult sheet is supplied
3) The adult version/Minx can be applied & removed easily enough on children so why the big fuss about the heat & removal?
4) I'm sure the adult version could be applied without heat and would then last a few days & remove just as easily as the child verion
5) You wont reduce your Minx price but are willing to charge less for this service - even though you'd be earning less per hour for the same service in theory (see this thread for The Geek's explanation of costs: http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/139802-minx-copies-cheaper.html)

I genuinley understand there being designs aimed more at little kids but it's not going to cost us any less to buy in the wraps or perform the service so how are you justifying charging less than Minx?

I love the idea of this for children sounds perfect to me i'm definitely going to consider this for childrens parties that i do =)

People are often asking on here what they an do with left over Minx - this seems like the perfect answer. Just because children have smaller nails does not mean I would apply cheaper polish. I always use quality products on all clients I have.

Why not apply Minx big toes on children and a matching toe polish colour to the other toes.

Also, there must be very few schools who have a problems with toe colour/designs. Children are rarely barefooted at school?? To cater for the rare case where it has to come off quickly, I would not want to provide a substandard service to the rest. I think most little girls would be disappointed if it only lasted 3 days.

People are often asking on here what they an do with left over Minx - this seems like the perfect answer. Just because children have smaller nails does not mean I would apply cheaper polish. I always use quality products on all clients I have.

Why not apply Minx big toes on children and a matching toe polish colour to the other toes.

Also, there must be very few schools who have a problems with toe colour/designs. Children are rarely barefooted at school?? To cater for the rare case where it has to come off quickly, I would not want to provide a substandard service to the rest. I think most little girls would be disappointed if it only lasted 3 days.

These statements kind of sum up what I was trying to say without me being quite so elequant.

I dont see why you would buy a lesser quality product (that only lasts 3 days) for the same money as a better quality product (the adult Chix, Lynx or Kooky) but you would charge less for it when it will probably take longer and be harder to apply.

I apply Minx, Lynx and Kooky to my clients irelevant of age I've done my 4 year old with Trendy wraps too.

If they want it off then it's not hard to remove and has the potential to last as long as they like. My 4 year old had all her toes on for 10 days then we removed the small toes and she kept the big toes for another week before finally getting fed up of them and wanted them off too. She now has nothing on her toes and there is no damage to her nails at all.

I like the designs but think they should just do them as a normal wrap not as an inferior product and I think the sizes should be the same as on adult sheets not smaller. I know quite a few adults who would wear the designs too if they could lol (still young at heart and all that) I dont really know why a company would think children dont deserve the same quality wraps as adults (even if they need removing qicker because of restrictions/rules of school or whatever).

i see your point, and will ensure i am not out of pocket when i price the parties .. i provide mini minx, and yes its great for using up left of pieces but to be fair the amount of minx designs which are suitable for kids are pretty limited .. their target market being adults so i appreciate this. i thought the little chix designs were really cute, and i just know they would be popular in my area just going by the feedback i have had from the tween parties i currently run, so if the parents are willing to pay for me to apply little chix knowing it will last 3 days, im happy to supply it.

i see your point, and will ensure i am not out of pocket when i price the parties .. i provide mini minx, and yes its great for using up left of pieces but to be fair the amount of minx designs which are suitable for kids are pretty limited .. their target market being adults so i appreciate this. i thought the little chix designs were really cute, and i just know they would be popular in my area just going by the feedback i have had from the tween parties i currently run, so if the parents are willing to pay for me to apply little chix knowing it will last 3 days, im happy to supply it.
Hi blush09 where would i find little Chix? Im intrested in having a little looky too :)
Edited to add, no worries have now found them. Ohhhh they are cute! :)

Last edited:
they are cute arent they karen :)
going to order few samples to try out, although little concerned baggy bear said they take fair while to put on .. was kind of planning to have these with glitter tattoos and maybe clip in hair extensions .. although saying that, would take no time at all to do those
for me its the difference between taking a booking for a party for 5 - 8 yr olds (dont generally do those) or not - and its a product aimed at this age group, cute designs, cute logo - doesnt hurt to try it out, will see how get on with the samples, you ordering some too?

If your just after more child friendly designs why not contact Mairead on here as she does Lynx nails and they have just brought oun a mini lynx range for children.

I find most kids like the bright colours so my Minx silver, gold, red and blue lightning get lots of oooo's and aaahhhh's along with any bright designs like all the Lynx glitter wraps. I've did a 13 year old on Fri, she was torn between my Lynx sparkly silver zebra wraps and their aqua glitter then settled on Minx gold cheatah.

*Little Chix is aimed at 6-13 year olds.

On the Chix nails website it says lynx nails rebranded.

Just jumping in as read this thread.. lol..

just had a look myself and went on the lynx site, directs to chix am afraid..

they are cute arent they karen :)
going to order few samples to try out, although little concerned baggy bear said they take fair while to put on .. was kind of planning to have these with glitter tattoos and maybe clip in hair extensions .. although saying that, would take no time at all to do those
for me its the difference between taking a booking for a party for 5 - 8 yr olds (dont generally do those) or not - and its a product aimed at this age group, cute designs, cute logo - doesnt hurt to try it out, will see how get on with the samples, you ordering some too?
I may do, only to have a play :) I don't really do many children in the salon. I do offer Little madam file & polishes but i don't really sell much. Only to my clients daughters during holidays.

I don't like the idea of applying Minx to children. I once pulled some nail plate layer off my own toes trying to remove Minx in a hot bath, if i can do that damage to myself then children could do more with picking. Minx has such good adhesion i wouldn't risk it on children. Just personal choice which everyone is entitled too. :)

Wish i had a daughter, i want to play! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back