chocolate brown/caramel highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyboi89

Reaction score
I Have a client and they want a choclate brown tint and caramel/honey highlights for the tinit i was goin to do 4.15 luo and pre lighten the honey pieces and put 7.23 or 6.32 richesse ive asked other people opinions and they says its going to look wrong any ideas on what to do?

why dont u use a lighter all over colour, using a 4 is gonna come out pretty dark. . chocolate is rich and mid in my opinion, and for the caramel highlights assuming it isnot going on to coloured hair i would use a really warm golden base 10 tint and 9% in foils. .
what is her natural base and is the hair virgin? x

Hi, as a rule I never usually go much lower than sixes and seven bases for caramel or choccy lowlighting especially on highlighted or bleached hair

I agree with scottydolly
a 4 is very dark and may look nearly black against the paler ones,
it really wouldnt look good ,

do try some test pieces first so you can see for yourself :hug:

I also am wondering what sort of base you are working on ?

what base are you working on , and has the hair got any colour on it? and i agree ,i think a 4 is more of a bitter chocolate maybe a 5 would be better , and for me honey can be interperated in many differant ways so id ge some ideas from pictures from your client ie- runny huney is darker and warmer ,and set honey is more of a light gold .

her natural base is a 6 but she has like a base 5 on the ends iam realli confused on what to do to her ????

find out what her definition of honey is by looking at the colour chart , then tell her if it is achievable , because if its tint on the ends you may have to use a mild bleach ,then tone. chocolate wise , again differants people think of chocolate differantly. , id probably use a semi to do the chocolate , because if she wants it done again,later on, lighter , it will be easier to achieve .
my aunt had this obsesion with chocolate , yet she could never describe the colour and wanted it to say chocolate on the box( i know 4.14 does) but with other brands id show her the colour chart and say ok ,well mix this with this to cover the grey - and she would say - but is it chocolate it doesnt say - and id say yes it would be chocolately -` but is it really chocolate` the whole chocolate thing has got way out of hand because people want it because its trendy , with having no concept about depths and tones and varying shades.
Anyhows good luck let us know what you decide

Latest posts

Back