Choice of tips for practise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbie

Reaction score
Hi all I have just finished day four of my foundation course with cnd, and at the moment have plenty of tips to be practising with (am loving velocity lol).

The question I have though is this, are there any other any makes of tips similar to cnd ones that might be slightly cheaper for me to buy to use with my nail trainer.

I know and realise that the cnd tips are fantastic but I am not going to be actually making any money from this for a while (young kids etc) but will need to keep practising.

When I do my mums, best friends nails etc I will use cnd tips but could do with something a bit more cost effective for practise. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance :green:

Hi sweet

You could try pro Impressions they are good tips and alot other techs use them.

I use the natural smile well less tips as they are nice and thin and don't have such a deep smile, but there are plenty of others on the site full well, half well etc

xx

The closest I have found to CND Velocity is Millenium or Star Nails tips with the half/cutout well (although Velocity are 10x better).
However it's best to practise with whatever you will be using on clients for real, as you don't want to encounter a problem with your first client for example, and wonder whether it's the tip being a diff thickness/angle or whether you/the client has caused the problem.
For practise on the nail trainer I found it's best to use the cheapest tips you can find like in chemists, as I mainly used the trainer to practise acrylic application, as tipping the trainer is so weird anyway, nothing like tipping a natural nail, so it's best to practise tipping/blending on real hands in my opinion.
Hope that has made some sort of sense:green:

Another good idea hun is to keep all the tip cuttings from when you trim them and use these for practising smile lines on, then you are getting double the practise out of them!
Have fun! xx

thank you everyone , I always think it is such a waste throwing away the part you trim off lol thanks mary1981 that is a brill idea :green:

salpep do you still need to blend the tips you suggested? as that is one thing I really do need practise with lol..:lol:

hannajadem I agree tipping the nail trainer is really strange, I find the choice of the plastic nails you put in there to tip onto is a really small choice and they are all really flat, my tip application isn't bad (just need to keep practising the blending lol) so just using it for l+p app is also another really good idea.

see I knew there were reasons I keep coming back on here lol :green:

thanks again x

i can't take credit for the idea though i read it on here :lol: everytime i come across a brill idea i save them in word file on my computer cos its so much easir than searching for a thread again! :green:

i can't take credit for the idea though i read it on here :lol: everytime i come across a brill idea i save them in word file on my computer cos its so much easir than searching for a thread again! :green:

lol good idea but if i did that hubby would kill me for taking up too much space on the comp (there would be hundreds of them) lol :green:

Latest posts

Back