Christmas gift packs for clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissOwen

Reaction score
This is my first christmas as a working tech and i would like to due a little something in December giving a little gift pack to clients. I obviously dont want to spend a fortune, but i'm really struggling as to what to put in them!!!

I started with the idea of a little solar oil, a novelty nail file, a polish, maybe a small hand lotion and a nail brush (some of my clients could do with one!!)S

But, when i think about it, nearly all my clients are enhancements clients and those who arent are gel polish clients.

Soooooo...... I dont really want them filing their own nails or polishing there own nails either :confused: thats what they pay me for :green:

Any ideas of what i could add? i'm happy with the solar oil, hand lotion and nail brush idea.... to encourage them to continue looking after my work.

Do you think popping in some chocs / sweets / lip gloss or something would be ok? Any ideas welcome xxxx

I'm not being that generous I'm afraid. I have kept my gifts small but tried to make them really pretty and practical for the client's treatment that they have.

I have brought some of the giftables from S2 and put them in a little organza bag with a gift tag and each time a client comes for a treatment they will get a small gift appropriate for thier treatment. Solar oil, champagne senstion lotion or heel therapy cucumber cream.

I managed to get some little silk purses to hold the solar oil to carry in their bag as well just to make it a bit special.

For a few clients who come quite a few times for different treatments in a month they will get at a small, single Eve Taylor massage candle in an organza bag as well, just as a little extra thank you for their loyalty.

The chocs do sound a good idea though and you can get little individual wrapped chocs in M&S food hall. Little Santas, Snowmen etc.

I don't want to start something that will get out of hand or be difficult to keep up. xxx

Last edited:
aww thats a lovely idea ! x

Hmmmm! You've made some good points there Teebster! Maybe i need to rein myself in a bit :green: I feel like a need to reward the loyalty of some of my customers who have stuck with me while i've been learnign thoughout this first year in business, but if i double my client bas by next christmas it will work out a very expensive thank you!!!! :eek:

Thanks for your tips, i'll sit down and have a good work out of prices, to make sure i'm not going to bankrupt myself with this xxxxxxxx

Hi
Might be an idea for a future Christmas, we give our clients a pocket diary with our salon name/address and telephone number on them so that they can make all their future appointments and they never loose our telephone number, it seems to work well as we have many clients who keep coming back for repeat appointments. A local hairdresser also gives a printed Christmas card which doubles up as a £5 voucher to be used before March which can encourage business a what could be a quieter time of year.
Like yourself it feels good to be able to give something back.
Good Luck, Take Care
Tray x

Yes you are defo being too generous Miss i wish i was your client! :green:

I would say a pinkie sized SolarOil, mini hand lotion, personal christmas card (although the printed card idea is fab but prob a little too late to order this year) and a savings voucher to use during january (just so they dont forget about you while spending their cash in the jan sales)

I'm not being that generous I'm afraid. I have kept my gifts small but tried to make them really pretty and practical for the client's treatment that they have.

I have brought some of the giftables from S2 and put them in a little organza bag with a gift tag and each time a client comes for a treatment they will get a small gift appropriate for thier treatment. Solar oil, champagne senstion lotion or heel therapy cucumber cream.

I managed to get some little silk purses to hold the solar oil to carry in their bag as well just to make it a bit special.

For a few clients who come quite a few times for different treatments in a month they will get at a small, single Eve Taylor massage candle in an organza bag as well, just as a little extra thank you for their loyalty.

The chocs do sound a good idea though and you can get little individual wrapped chocs in M&S food hall. Little Santas, Snowmen etc.

I don't want to start something that will get out of hand or be difficult to keep up. xxx

I agree with the getting out of hand bit!

This is a really lovely idea but when you build your client base up to over 50 then it will be very expensive to keep this up and disappointing to drop it too.

Just something small and simple will be appreciated by each client, most of them will not expect anything from you at all. :green:

I don't want to sound mean.... but I think this can get a little out of hand and expensive.

Ask youself if any of your suppliers or service providers will be giving you a Christmas present, and do you expect them too? Probably not. You have to remember you are running a business to earn a living.

I must admit that I did give some of my clients a little gift on my first Christmas, but after that there were just too many of them to cope with. I now just give them all Christmas cards. I cannot imagine for a minute that I have lost a single client because I do not give out gifts. I have two clients that are very large tippers. At Christmas I usually give them a polish of their choice each.

A SolarOil pinkie each seems more than enough. Even if you do only that much you will be out of pocket for the cost of the the items and the lost sales profit (assuming they would have bought them anyway).

I know I sound mean, but I'm just trying to keep my business head on :green:

Thanks everyone for the good advice. JuicyLucy, you dont sound mean, just sensible!!

Will get my 'aawwwwww, bless my little clients with putting up with me' head off and my business head back on!!!!!! :green:

I like the idea of the Christmas card that doubles as a voucher. The cards are inexpensive and essentially you don't have to spend any of the money in your pocket by providing a nominal gift certificate ($5-$10) to use towards their next purchase.

I give all my clients a £5 gift voucher in a christmas card worked really well last year and they all used their vouchers in Jan xx

I give all my clients a £5 gift voucher in a christmas card worked really well last year and they all used their vouchers in Jan xx

I think this is a really good idea to promote business in the dark January/February months. I might do it as a 10% discount voucher, but add that the voucher can be used against treatments rather than products.

We are giving all our clients with appointments in Nov/Dec a £5 voucher to use in Jan/Feb and they can use it on a treatment £20 or more xx

Just ordered my christmas cards from good old vistaprint with a £5 off thing inside for Jan/Feb!! Thank you all for the good ideas, just going to give a pinkie of solar oil and the voucher and be happy with that.

Hopefully if i can get them using the solar oil (most dont bother much at the moment) they will see some benefits and it will improve my retail opportunities!!

Latest posts

Back