Christmas Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huerta3

Eagar Beaver Geek
Reaction score
Hi, i like the overall nail but there are some things i think you could improve. To begin with i think the nail should be shorter, to have a balanced french nail the whithe should be aproximately 1/3 of the nail lenght (in this case is closer to 1/2), also the nails look a bit "fat" i think you are using a tad too much product, a little less would make the nail slimmer. Also the 1st pic shows the undernail of the thumb wich is a bit uneven, and the down the barrel shows an unsymetrical barrel, that is probably due to the form placement, so try to get a good fit to create good nails and i think the free edge could be a bit thinner (but i'm not sure as the pics sometimes make this look thicker). The smiles are good "salon" smiles and i think a paying customer would be more than happy with these nails.
P.S.- I think you should have ticked the design box as i did like the leaves, but i think if you added some red balls it would workd even better.

Hi, i like the overall nail but there are some things i think you could improve. To begin with i think the nail should be shorter, to have a balanced french nail the whithe should be aproximately 1/3 of the nail lenght (in this case is closer to 1/2), also the nails look a bit "fat" i think you are using a tad too much product, a little less would make the nail slimmer. Also the 1st pic shows the undernail of the thumb wich is a bit uneven, and the down the barrel shows an unsymetrical barrel, that is probably due to the form placement, so try to get a good fit to create good nails and i think the free edge could be a bit thinner (but i'm not sure as the pics sometimes make this look thicker). The smiles are good "salon" smiles and i think a paying customer would be more than happy with these nails.
P.S.- I think you should have ticked the design box as i did like the leaves, but i think if you added some red balls it would workd even better.

There are red rhinestones as berries but they blend into the red ball I'm holding.

Sorry that i missed that, had to take another look, but now i see them, lol.

Adding to what prionace is saying there is some distortion going on under the thumb. Not sure if this is the pic, or if you sculpted and some product seeped under the form.

Smiles looks consistent and crisp

I agree about the length, but sometimes it's just personal taste.

Looking on the sideview pic I would say you are working too thick in zone 1 and 2. BUt nice and flush around the edges.

Looking on the barrel shot it's hard to tell as the pic is slightly fuzzy but from what I see it is waaaaay too thick at the end of the "free edge" and you work slightly think to the left, but it coud be the distortion of the pic.

TBH there isn't much that a little more finishing with the file couldn't fix!

Looking on the barrel shot it's hard to tell as the pic is slightly fuzzy but from what I see it is waaaaay too thick at the end of the "free edge"

I think it is moreso the pic on this one, the free edge does appear to be rather thick on that one but it isn't. I think the angle of the pic was off a bit.

Thanks for you feedback!:Love:

Hi

Ditto what sassy has already said.

You need to thin off in zone 1 and also refine your edges as they are a little bumpy. The middle finger looks a little wide if you shortened the length a little and brought it in it would look much better.

Its just my opinion though x

Hi

The middle finger looks a little wide if you shortened the length a little and brought it in it would look much better.

Its just my opinion though x

I hate this finger, the nail bed is a bit shorter and the nail is flatter than the others, how can I make it appear more slender? Even when I wear them short it looks like this because it is soooo flat. I tend to build up the apex a bit more on that finger so I can create the ilusion of a nice C curve. My index finger on the opposite hand is like this also. Any advise?

Hi

Yes my middle finger is the same, what i do is use a coverage gel and slightly extend my nail bed. I also build the apex slightly and i do my french lines deeper as it seems to make my nails look slimmer. I also find an almond shape very flattering

Hi

Yes my middle finger is the same, what i do is use a coverage gel and slightly extend my nail bed. I also build the apex slightly and i do my french lines deeper as it seems to make my nails look slimmer. I also find an almond shape very flattering

Wonderful! Thanks a bunch!

I would make the smile smile a little more and work Z 1 & 2 thinner. Z 3 looks good but the white to pink ratio is out. Try to not file out your lower arch too

Well you say you are a complete amateur and I would say these nails reflect that status.

Line of light all out of whack .. shape fan ... surface not smooth ... smiles ish ... way too much product ... etc. But you obviously have artistic ability so I'm sure that with good training in how to handle the product and training your eye with an expert will one day see you doing great work on the nails as well a the art side.

Latest posts

Back