Claim back all your Bank Charges!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just recieved my letter from the debt collection agc this morning .they want me to pay the rest of the outstanding amount within the next 7 days or else ...lol
if i had the money ,i would have paid it direct to the bank wouldnt i !

If I was you I would try emailing Martin Lewis or joining the forum on that site and explaining your situation - I reckon there's something you can do about it hun. xx

Well I'm lucky in the respect that HSBC give online bank statements going back 6 years, so have printed them off for my personal account and my husbands business account, highlighted all the charges... filled in the spreadsheets and sent recorded delivery this afternoon!!

Business - £1600

Personal - £1057

Hubbys personal account - £2700 (sending off when complete next few days)

And his other business account.. will also be doing next few days!

My eyes are red and sore and I have got a headache from doing the spreadsheets!!!

Thing is, we have 6 accounts with them and our mortgage and life insurances etc... so we'd better get some new accounts :lol:

It's intense getting it done... but well worth it as nobody has failed yet and its OUR money!!!!

Oh, and 5 weeks approximately to get about 6-7k back is great!!! I am optimistic... can't you tell!!!

Great site!

Hey everyone...

things are eventually moving with claiming against the bank...Other half recieved a letter this morning offering him £1500 (was claiming £1800) out of court settlement thingy, but accepting no liability...Just paying him basically to shut up and forget the charges... I, however, have not recieved mine, so hopefully it'll follow 2moro!!!

Two grand just before xmas would be lovely...so would a lovely sunny holiday, but hey, at this rate we've spent the money about a millions times over!!! Other half is being sensible and trying to put it all in Premium bonds (Such a goody goody!) whereas I can think of squillions of things we need for the house (and my wardrobe!!!)

Will fill you in when i hear about my account!!!

Mx

Hey everyone...

things are eventually moving with claiming against the bank...Other half recieved a letter this morning offering him £1500 (was claiming £1800) out of court settlement thingy, but accepting no liability...Just paying him basically to shut up and forget the charges... I, however, have not recieved mine, so hopefully it'll follow 2moro!!!

Two grand just before xmas would be lovely...so would a lovely sunny holiday, but hey, at this rate we've spent the money about a millions times over!!! Other half is being sensible and trying to put it all in Premium bonds (Such a goody goody!) whereas I can think of squillions of things we need for the house (and my wardrobe!!!)

Will fill you in when i hear about my account!!!

Mx

Nice one! Is he accepting their offer or accepting it as part payment on the condition that he gets the full amount?

I haven't heard a peep from HSBC and have two MCOL's to file on the 13th! It's good fun too!

Well I have sent off my 1st letter asking for the details etc.. so even though the sum in question is only £354, but its ruining my credit score... so we shall see what they say.

May be pm'ing you again when I get a reply from them Kate.. just to make sure I am doing it right. hehe :lol:

I know this might sound like a daft question, but does this apply to Building Societies as well.?? Im with Halifax. They must owe me loads.

Thanks xx

I know this might sound like a daft question, but does this apply to Building Societies as well.?? Im with Halifax. They must owe me loads.

Thanks xx

Yeah there's loads of Halifax claims going through... it applies to all banks/building societies and credit card companies - they're all sharks!!

Have you got all the statements?

No I havent got the statements. Would I have to pay a fee to get them? 6 years worth is quite a lot. I know if I have asked for statements before they always charge.
Im gonna go to town on em!!
xx

There is also an article on Msn Home page about this which is very good.
MSN.com

They offered me £700 yesterday...was claiming just over £800, so thats not bad!!! i think we are going to accept, as if it want to court the court costs are about £250 (which you can claim back) but its just lots more hassle, and hey; we thought we'd lost that money anyways, so the offer is better than nothing!!!
Mx

Got a massive pile of envelopes from the bank through - 6 years worth of staetments, going to be fun going through them all (not!) but it'll be well worth it if I get the money back! Anyone else who's doing this let me know how you are getting on etc. xx

Hi chuck,
My hubby came home from work the other day armed with all this info on getting back your bank charges. He's well into it & has printed off the first letter to send to the bank! I'm also looking forward to going through the last 6 years of statements!!! Not!!! I'm sure they owe me hundreds!
Hadn't thought about changing banks but I suppose they won't be too chuffed with us so prob have to! Where are the good banks though? I'm with HSBC at mo.
Be great to be reading some success stories soon. :)

Do the banks charge for statements of 6 years??? Has anybody asked the bank for them If so how much did they charge? I am with Halifax.
Thanks.xx

Do the banks charge for statements of 6 years??? Has anybody asked the bank for them If so how much did they charge? I am with Halifax.
Thanks.xx

I'm with Halifax too - do hope I've got all those statements!:eek:

Thanks.xx

I think my hubby said you have to pay £10.00. Not 100% sure, I'll ask him tomorrow. He's out at mo.

Thanks.xx

So do you think Halifax will give it back???:lol:

I am going to try!! But I havent got my statements. I am wondering how much they would charge for sending me 6 years worth of statements? I have got to get them somehow , and cant do it without.:hug:

It costs a standard fee of £10 for every bank and building society/CC company.

It's called a Subject Access Request and the letter template can be found on:

The Consumer Action Group & Bank Action Group - Fighting unlawful practices and bank charges.

Just click on forums and go to bank templates.

They have 40 days in which to comply or you can take them to small claims court. It's fascinating what you can claim back and especially for those who got into debt when they were students, or weren't earning much and were getting charged heavily each month - businesss account charges are high also.

Some banks (HSBC and MBNA that I know of) send your £10 back.

HSBC just sent me all my credit card statements when I asked over the phone - pity there weren't any charges though I could reclaim :rolleyes: - I've been a good girl in the past few years!

Well I have sent off my 1st letter asking for the details etc.. so even though the sum in question is only £354, but its ruining my credit score... so we shall see what they say.

May be pm'ing you again when I get a reply from them Kate.. just to make sure I am doing it right. hehe :lol:

well no reply as yet.. :(

its only been 3 weeks though.. it says 40 days to respond on the letter.. lets hope they dont ignor me completely! haha

Latest posts

Back