Claim back all your Bank Charges!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning all - Just came across this thread - I'm in the process of filing a small claim against Halifax to reclaim over £3,000 in charges for two accounts over the past six years. They offered me a one off settlement of £550 a whileback which I refused and now its progressed to the small claims court.

Anyone else in NI doing the same thing? Procedures are slightly different here than on the mainland but will keep you all posted as to how its going.

Wish me luck.

Michelle

Lol ohhhh what a plonker am i!

I thought i was on to a winner untill i realised i had added up the actual bank charge and thats not included :grr: (monthly fee for the account we have)

Anyhoooo ive done it and totaled the interest up etc, all printed out letter as well and then i suddenly thought, Bugger which address am i sending it all back to? lol

Does anyone know if i send it all back to the address where i sent off the first letter asking for my 6 yrs of statements?

Any help is appreciated :hug:

I thought i was on to a winner untill i realised i had added up the actual bank charge and thats not included :grr: (monthly fee for the account we have)

Anyhoooo ive done it and totaled the interest up etc, all printed out letter as well and then i suddenly thought, Bugger which address am i sending it all back to? lol

Does anyone know if i send it all back to the address where i sent off the first letter asking for my 6 yrs of statements?

Type whichever bank it is into Google i.e HSBC registered address

If you send it to the registered address, it will always be received - or go to Consumer Action Group and search for your bank - all contact info is there.

OR if you tell me which bank it is, I don't mind doing it for you

Its Lloyds Tsb bank.

This is where i sent my first letter to request my bank statements.

Penny berryman
Senior manager
Data Protection department
Lloyds Tsb Bank Plc
The Pentagon
48 Chiswell Street
London
EC1Y 4XX

So would i send back my statement of charges to that also? Geeez its doing my head in lol

One of my clients has had a letter from her bank confirming that she'll be getting back almost £1,000!

One of my clients has had a letter from her bank confirming she will be getting just under a grand back. Worth persevering with I'd say. Good luck:)

Hiya, I tried to reclaim £600 back from Lloyds in Harrogate and they told me in no uncertain terms that they would not refund me a penny. as I've got a loan, 3 savings accounts, 2 personal accounts with huge overdrafts and a business account with a huge overdraft I am terrified of taking the next step of taking them to court in case they pull the plug on my accounts. what do you guys think? do you think i should commence legal action or not? is it worth the hassle for £600?

This is what is stopping me, after thinking about it in depth I am worried they make me pay up my loan from it.

Hiya, I tried to reclaim £600 back from Lloyds in Harrogate and they told me in no uncertain terms that they would not refund me a penny. as I've got a loan, 3 savings accounts, 2 personal accounts with huge overdrafts and a business account with a huge overdraft I am terrified of taking the next step of taking them to court in case they pull the plug on my accounts. what do you guys think? do you think i should commence legal action or not? is it worth the hassle for £600?

Of course you should commence legal action!! The monies reclaimed would probably only go back to them and perhaps you wouldn't be so indebted to them, had they not charged you ridiculous fees!

The banks will fob you off - they usually only close accounts after you have claimed more than once - do this properly and get your money back.

HSBC have got all our bank accounts and even had our mortgage and they haven't closed our accounts, even though we've claimed on 4 so far!!!

You have received a standard 'get lost' letter - time for moneyclaimonline xxx

Be strong, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain!

If anyone has any problems gettin the letters I can email them to you if you like. xx

I can't seem to find them hun, would you be able to email them to me if I pm you my email address?

Or anyone else please, thanks peeps.

xxxx

Just need some clarification on the charges after reading about closed accounts. My partner is with the dreaded Nat West and is in the process of claiming back just under 4k for charges. They have sent the letter aknowledging his claim and are making a decision. Anyway, he was left with debt after splitting with his ex, he paid off the overdraft charges to First Direct of whom he banked with back then and they promptly closed his account. Can he claim back on this closed account, more so its the poor credit score he has been left with that he wants cleared??

Just need some clarification on the charges after reading about closed accounts. My partner is with the dreaded Nat West and is in the process of claiming back just under 4k for charges. They have sent the letter aknowledging his claim and are making a decision. Anyway, he was left with debt after splitting with his ex, he paid off the overdraft charges to First Direct of whom he banked with back then and they promptly closed his account. Can he claim back on this closed account, more so its the poor credit score he has been left with that he wants cleared??

Yes you can claim on closed bank accounts :hug:

Today I have had an offer from Nat West "a gesture of goodwill". They have offered me the full amount that I had requested of £550.

A fabulous RESULT!! Its made my weekend.

So geeks, if any of you thinking about it, go for it. My mum first told me about it 6 months ago and its taken me until now to get my a*** into gear and do it. I only sent the letter to them a couple of weeks ago, I should have the money refunded to my account by the end of next week.

I just followed the procedures on Martin Lewis's website. I can't quite believe how easy it has been.

Today I have had an offer from Nat West "a gesture of goodwill". They have offered me the full amount that I had requested of £550.

So geeks, if any of you thinking about it, go for it. My mum first told me about it 6 months ago and its taken me until now to get my a*** into gear and do it. I only sent the letter to them a couple of weeks ago, I should have the money refunded to my account by the end of next week.

I just followed the procedures on Martin Lewis's website. I can't quite believe how easy it has been.

Excellent news - Congratulations!

Wow babes - lunch is on you next time we go out!!!!:hug:

Well done hun, im still waiting to hear after sending my letter off requesting the amount they owe me.:hug:

after reading this posti`m sorry i`ve never had any bank charges:cry: my father in law is an ex-bank manager and always drilled into my hubby the cost of going overdrawn etc... i`m about to ring my son and my sister who will be over the moon to hear they might get something back, great info and congratulations on taking on the fat cats and winning:)

Its great news isn't it, I still can't believe how easy it was.

Good luck to everyone trying to re-claim their charges, I hope you all get your money back, every penny of it.

I'm going to put the money aside as I'm going to New York in November with the girls for 5 days, so mine is going towards that, as something tells me I'm going to need all the money I can get :) :) :) xx

Latest posts

Back