Claim back all your Bank Charges!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I come too please! McDonalds is fine by me hun.................:lol: Well done for your great result, I have just sent some letters off this week and am looking forward to seeing what results we'll get! xx

Can I come too please! McDonalds is fine by me hun.................:lol: Well done for your great result, I have just sent some letters off this week and am looking forward to seeing what results we'll get! xx

Good luck with that Mandy, I'm sure you'll get your money back. I'm going to start on old accounts and credit cards now, although I'm sure they won't be as easy as it was with Nat West.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that Nat West are not closing the account either. It is advisable to open another account before you reclaim your charges just in case though.

I'm going to close the account myself as I've had it with Nat West, worst bank I've ever dealt with.

Back to HSBC for me, at least they never charged me for being overdrawn on a charge that they had placed which took me overdrawn in the first place !!

Had a letter back from Lloyds TSB saying that they wont be refunding me the bacnk charges has they believe they have acted fairly!

Guess its next step for me now...will get straight on to it after work :mad:

Had a letter back from Lloyds TSB saying that they wont be refunding me the bacnk charges has they believe they have acted fairly!

Guess its next step for me now...will get straight on to it after work :mad:

Yup - they're hoping you back down!! Have fun x

Hi Pips,

Think we wrote to Lloyds TSB at similar times but I haven't had any reply as yet. So have written up the Letter Before Action, to give them another 14 days to agree to repaying my charges before I start legal proceedings to get my money back. If I don't get a reply today I will be sending it to them this afternoon.

Good luck with yours, keep in touch on your progress, I will too.

Jess x

Of course you should commence legal action!! The monies reclaimed would probably only go back to them and perhaps you wouldn't be so indebted to them, had they not charged you ridiculous fees!

The banks will fob you off - they usually only close accounts after you have claimed more than once - do this properly and get your money back.

HSBC have got all our bank accounts and even had our mortgage and they haven't closed our accounts, even though we've claimed on 4 so far!!!

You have received a standard 'get lost' letter - time for moneyclaimonline xxx

Be strong, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Thanks for your reply hun, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner but my pc died on me and I only got it fixed yesterday!! but just to let you know that thanks to you giving me the guts to do it I have filed an online claim against Lloyds this week!! it cost me £80 and I'm just hoping it's not too late cos it said in their 'get lost' letter to me that if i didn't do anything within 14 days they would 'close my complaint'. though to be quite honest it's not flippin well up to them when they choose to close my complaint anyway really is it??

anyway guys I will keep you all updated. oh by the way, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that most people win their cases against the banks, well just to say that Martin Lewis, the guy that started off all this, said on GMTV last week that only one person has lost thier case so far (and that was on a minor technicality) - yes that's right, every single person that has fought to win back their charges has won!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After my recent success with Nat West, I have just sent HSBC a letter reclaiming my charges for last 6 years.

I managed to get the statements online, which has saved time waiting for the bank to send them to me. It took a few hours but hopefully it will be worth it. I am reclaiming a few thousand pounds so I'm not sure that this claim will go as well as the small claim I made from Nat West.

When this claim has hopefully been sorted I will move onto the credit cards.

Fingers crossed anyway x

Good luck everyone.

Hi Guys,

After doing what the good man on the money- expert site said ,I got an offer this morning of nearly £1000 back for our joint account, hubby is just waiting for an offer now on his. Chuffed to bits, going to Florida :green: next month so this is just brilliant timing.
Keep trying you lot, perservere with the letters they tried to tell my husband no way were they paying up on his account so I sent another letter demanding interest on top and they soon changed there tune.

ness:)

I have sent off my letters today asking for 6 yrs statements or bank charges. Just got to sit tight now for 40 days!!:lol:
OOH I can feel that sunshine already.

I just got letters from LLoyds TSB offering to refund all our bank charges on our 2 accounts and LLoyds credit card. I sent the letter before action and received this on the last day of the 14 day period they had in which to act.

If you have paid charges and havent already started writing the letters - then do it! It is so simple to do and it has paid for us to have a fab family holiday in June!

I'm in the middle of claiming just over 2,000 GBP (pound sign doesn't work on my keyboard). I'm just about to start proceedings with Money Claim Online to go to court as the Abbey have refused my last 2 requests, but just checked my account online and they've paid in 405.00 GBP, not heard anything from them so I take it this is one of their 'goodwill gestures' that they try to get people to accept. So I'm going to say thanks, I'll take it as part payment but I'm still going to court for the rest.

I'm not looking forward to having to go to court for it, not my cup of tea, but the majority of the time the banks don't show, from what I can gather I'll still have to put my side of the story to the judge (quake) even if the bank doesn't turn up - fingers crossed they make me an offer (a reasonable one this time, not 20%) before it goes to court, but from what I've been reading about Abbey, it goes all the way. :irked:

If there are people out there who still haven't bothered, just go for it, what do you have to lose? And after all, it is your money.......

Jackie

i tryd to get my 64 pound back in overdraft charges as its all up in the papers 'get your bank money back' im with nationwide and they said no its company policy, so they wont give me my money back. :(

i tryd to get my 64 pound back in overdraft charges as its all up in the papers 'get your bank money back' im with nationwide and they said no its company policy, so they wont give me my money back. :(

Most often they won't - there's a procedure you need to follow. I'm still half asleep at the moment but if you read through this thread and follow the links that are in it you'll come across the websites that can help you claim your money back - it's well worth it.

Jackie

I calimed charges back from Natwest and yseterday I got their letter agreeing to refund them! :green: I am so pleased and despite being worried about what I was doing, if it would have to go to court, I can't believe how easy it was.

hi

i just got back £87 from the co-op bank after just 2 letters - first asking for list of charges and and 2nd asking for them back - couldnt believe it was that easy

i know it's not a lot but it came just when i need it most -

now for the halifax - they have charged me £259.00 so far - just waiting on their response to the 2nd letter

best wishes to everyone else who is waiting for a response from their bank
nicola
x

Just filed my claim Nationwide owe me £988.26 and I want it back! Im also asking for the interest aswell which makes the total £1267.56. Has anyone successfully claimed and won with the interest added on top????

Apperently Nationwide are the worst for claiming back charges, they let it go all the way to court then back out at last minute, then give you 30days notice as they close down your account.

Im not gonna even bother sending the threatening letter to take them to court, Im just going to file my claim online and take it from there, nothing to lose!!!

hi everyone when you send the first letter do you send it to your local ranch or to head ofice
thanks all
x

ooo this is interesting, I want to do this but do you think I can do it when I used my switch card when there was no money and I went over my overdraft limit? I hope so but it was my own silly fault for living beyond my means and being too scared to check my balance.

Have many people had luck with HSBC?

Does your local branch get involved much? I have quite a few friends there so don't want to cause ruptions with them.

p.s well done all of you

Latest posts

Back