Clear tips and clear acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allieXayrshire

Reaction score
Hi
I have a new client called me today as her old tech does not do nails anymore and she wants clear tips and clear acrylic? I havent done this before so wasnt sure what it will look like. Has anyone else done this for a client and does it look nice? Her old tech used creative and I used NSI
ANy tips on what to do to make them nice?xx

Hi Hun,
Best wait and see what she turns up with, she may mean natural tips with clear acrylic, which would give a natural long nail effect.
Or if it is clear tips and clear acrylic, (I do this on my self a lot), then it maybe that she wants them painted.
They will look like glass nails......I do them on myself, mostly I sculpt the clear tip, then buff and paint in a nice colour.
Good luck.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

I've done this a couple of times when doing nail art. I used a clear well-less tip, blending the tip slightly at the top and not touching the majority of the tip with my file.

Next I extended the nail bed slightly with a coverage pink and applied a very short white 'free edge' to give the illusion of a longer nail bed with the clear tip, then applied clear l&p to the rest of zone 1.

When I did these nails I buffed to shape then applied my 3D art, but you could leave them plain otherwise.

HTH, I'm not very good at explaining this

personally i think it looks rubbish,lol.
It doesn't look professional, doesn't look natural but then it looks so rubbish it doesn't look a nice fake.. just my opinion though

personally i think it looks rubbish,lol.
It doesn't look professional, doesn't look natural but then it looks so rubbish it doesn't look a nice fake.. just my opinion though

I agree it doesn't look natural, but the client probably isn't after the natural look in this case. What do you mean by it doesn't look professional? If the client wants clear nails then I'd do clear nails - what's not professional about that?

Nails can only look as professional as the professional nail tech is capable of doing, if you feel that you can do a professional job then for sure, yes, they are a professional set of nails ;)

and as for the 'natural' look of completely clear nails... no, clear nails aren't natural looking, but then neither is glitter, crushed shell, diamontes etc. It makes no difference what we think looks natural, if the client asks for a beautiful set of clear nails, then hey, who are we to argue with what the client wants, cuz afterall, they pay our wages :D

thanks for all your replies. shall just need to go tomoro and talk to her to see exactly what she wants, she just said clear tips and clear acrylic. but maybe she means natural?to be honest i dont think clear acrylic and clear tips on their own would be that nice but we'll see she may just want to paint them anyway. thanks again xx

clear tips and clear acrylic look dodgy after just a couple of days because you will see the natural nail growth at the smile line so clearly.

chances are she means natural tips or wants them polished though.

I have a client who likes to have totally clear enhancements. After I've gone she applies her favourite polish as she loves doing this herself. I asked her why she wanted clear rather than a natural look and she said she just likes to check her nails are ok under the acrylic whenever she changes polish!

turned out the lady wanted natural tips with clear over the top, she just wasnt exactly sure what she had had before. thanks for your replies xx

Latest posts

Back