Client base going down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louge

Reaction score
What a nightmare few weeks its been, Ive been having cancellations and loosing clients and its really knocking my confidence, part of me wants to give it all up as I feel that my work isnt good enough but another part of me is also wanting to get stuck in and try even harder.

I only have a small client base due to also working full time. Ive lost one client as she cant afford to have her nails done due to physio sessions from a car accident eating up all her money, another who has her nails done every so often has had to cancel due to work commitments and another who is due just hasnt bothered to get in touch although she is aware that I go on holiday for two weeks on Wednesday (I have reminded her by text). Im not expecting her enhancements to be looking that great when I get back.

Tanning has also been very quite but Im trying to put it all down to the summer months and everyone being on holidays although this theory is running thin on me.

Its crazy as a few months ago I was so busy I didnt know if I was coming or going or where I was going to fit it all in, now Im just looking at an empty diary and doing my sisters and mums nails to keep my skills going.:cry:

and the kids are on holiday so alot carnt afford it.and like you say holidays,but it will pick up soon..just think you'll soon have the chrimbo rush

Im worried about the crimbo rush of the nipper asking for everything she sees on the tele and not being able to afford it. I absolutly love creating a set of enhancements or providing a service but the money is also a huge plus factor and boy dont you notice when you dont have it lol

i know that feeling i have 2 kids of my own and 2 step sons! its only my partner that works aswell (im just starting out)we are still struggling after putting me through college.things will get better babe x

Thanks hun, just makes you question your work and if its something Im doing wrong. More time to revise for my next three masters exams I suppose lol.

i bet your really good at what you do babe..but we all have doubts when its quite.it gives you longer on nail geek :)

There are quiet times and after a while you do get to learn them and not panic. Just make sure that during the good times you keep some money back for the quiet times. Use this time to start advertising ready for when it picks up again in September. I find the last two weeks in August have always been my quietest time of the year, then first 2 weeks of November, and feb is a hit and miss month. December is the busiest for Christmas parties, and then from April through to mid August is good and steady with the summer feel good factor, weddings, proms and holidays.

Thanks for that Sassy. I always keep some money tucked away if I can. Ive only been doing nails for about a year seriously so am still not overally aware of the quiet periods. As you say it will hopefully pick up after I get back from my holiday

use this time to rest, spring clean your house, review your prices stationary etc.....because come the end of november you wont have time to pick your nose.
this is the quietest time for me reguarding gaining new custom and i am quite happy that my regulars keep the finances ticking over.
practise xmas nail art and skill up on your nail trainer.
dont forget this time of year school uniforms need buying, holidays have left people skint.

I know how you feel, i am really quiet to :confused: The less i do the more bored i get !

I can't remember summer ever being so quiet. I am just getting loads of leaflets with special offers ready to deliver at the beginning of September so hopefully will get some more business.

Hope things pick up soon :hug:

Clients come and go... But don't get down, get out there and give out your business cards or fliers.. offer a special, like do free art with their first full set so they can get to know your work...
Do some ladies nails for free and offer them money off a future fills for every referral, of tell your faithful clients they can get a $5 credit for every new client they send your way who spends $20 of more... I do it and now I get at least 2 referral clients a week.

Best Wishes
Sharmie

I must admit, tanning has been much quieter this last month. I normally do about 4 - 6 a week but only done 2 last week and have 1 in for this week!! Seem to still be doing lots of pedi's though!! Keep your chin up and maybe introduce a new treatment to tempt your existing clients with?!

Easy come, easy go, I had 6 no shows this last week....how much did I loose from that....strange time of year, unpredictable....spray tans still going well....it was all nail clients who no shows......4 new clients....often wonder if bogus appointments are being made as I have competition close by.

I guess it makes it more difficult for you as you have another full time job so you only have certain slots to accommodate clients.

I have found that Sept and Oct are quite quiet for new business and it all kicks off in November/December for the party season...esp the one off spray tans and full sets for the Xmas party.....how about doing an offer on ST in Sept and Oct and then put your price back up for the party season?

Once again it tends for me to get a bit quiet for new business in Jan and Feb as the winter kicks in....but again, do a ST offer to keep spirits up through the gloomy months.....

Good luck xxx

Now come on Emma....what is that new word in your signature........MASTER........you wouldnt have reached L&P Master level if you were no good.:eek: ...I think everyone has quiet periods it isnt just you....you have worked hard to get to where you are and done it in quite a short period of time too, so chin up, it will get better as some have said, its the summer hols and people have spent all their money on holidays and the kids, I am sure it will get better soon.:hug:

Thanks guys, at least its not only me. Think Im more gutted as these are my regular clients leaving me. As you all say hopefully it will pick up come the party season. Good idea about the money off referal scheme. Will get some new leaflets sent out as soon as Im back from my holiday. Thanks again

I have been quiet also. I think the kids hols are a big part of it.I know myself with two kids the hols are an expensive time and mums don't get any spare time .I mainly do hair and have been busy since coming back of my hols [i went away for 5 weeks]but it has only been my regulars and have'nt done nails for a while.The kids are back to school next week yipee.

Latest posts

Back