Client bringing her own gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
A client has brought her own gel colour in today for me to apply to her nails then asked how much would her nails cost now because she has supplied her gel colour. I replied I will take £1 off the service. She ummed and rrd and said is that all I said yes because you haven't brought the base or top coat and you need a uv lamp to cure it which I have. Im quite cheap with my prices anyway and if all my clients done this I wouldn't be able to supply this service so what woukd you do in this situation

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had exactly this situation, I used hers and didn't take anything off.

If you take your own shampoo etc in to a hairdressers they often charge MORE! I pointed out that I wouldn't be charging any extra to use her own gel. lol

It's going to take the same amount of your time as well plus I would prefer not to use her gels just in case there's a problem x x

I would've doubled the price for the cheek of it!!! Out of interest,Did she bring her own gel polish, because it's a colour you haven't got? Regardless of her reason though, the price is a constant!! I would suggest, that it is her choice whether she chooses to bring her own polish or not, you are offering this treatment for a set price, it's down to her if she deviates from it!! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd say NO, my insurance will not cover me using your products. I can not guarantee their supply source & whats more their gel may not be fully cured within my own lamp. This Undercuring will increase the risk of service breakdown and may increase the risk of an allergy to any UV. Gel product. ....

What you going to do then if they fall off? Offer a refund?... I sure don't think so..
I would be flately refusing to take their business on, otherwise once you start, you'll have a whole load of other clients who are cheapskates taking advantage of your services & for what?? Hassle & more hassle ....

Last edited:
I totally agree with Sleepingbeauty. I would refuse to use a gel the a client brought with them. Insurance being the main issue. If a client wants a specific shade of colour then I ask them to either bring the dress, bag etc in a day or two before the app so I can decide how to create the colour. I have the whole CND Shellac collection with all additives so almost any shade of colour can be achieved so absolutely no need for client to supply own gel or polish. Other than the colour, I cannot think of any other reason why a client should want to bring own gel or polish.

A client has brought her own gel colour in today for me to apply to her nails then asked how much would her nails cost now because she has supplied her gel colour. I replied I will take £1 off the service. She ummed and rrd and said is that all I said yes because you haven't brought the base or top coat and you need a uv lamp to cure it which I have. Im quite cheap with my prices anyway and if all my clients done this I wouldn't be able to supply this service so what woukd you do in this situation

How do you know where she got it from or if it is a fake, which could take you even longer to remove next time.

I would charge an extra fiver! why? because it might take you a while to get used to it, who knows you may mess up a nail and have to start it again, also zero guarantee with it, if it evaporates from her nails before she gets to the car well cést la vie x

It was a colour I hadn't got and she brought it from her friend who does nails but they live to far away from each other. I did explain I dont like using clients products because of insurance purposes and service breakdown and she said she would take full responsibility for her actions

Latest posts

Back