Client changed her mind after she left!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
So I had a new client come in today after a recommendation from a regular client of mine, she explained it was her birthday at the weekend and she wanted something different so she had electric blue glitter and whilst applying it I said do you like it because if you don't I can remove it now before I have to set it and she said no its fine I like it.
After finishing her nails she said oh I love them they don't feel like my fingers they look lovely she paid and away she went, I've just received a phone call saying her friends n family have said they hated it and that its not her atall. She's asked to see if I can take it off and start again so she is coming tomorrow I'm obviously going have to charge her right? I did ask her if she liked and she said yes so if I had done a crap job I could understand but they looked lovely.
What would you guys do? I know I'm going to have to charge for the soak off but do I charge for full gel again? Xx

Hell yeah! Full charge for remove and redo. No discounts applicable here, you did the job she asked for and she left your salon happy.

Shes messing you around. It is her responsibility to tell you of shes happy with the colour during the appointment time. If she changes her mind afterwards, as long as theres no service breakdown then its her problem. I would be so annoyed if a customer said this to me expecting me to change the colour for free after the appointment and on that basis id charge normal price.

I agree but how do I tell her this shall I ring her back and tell her so she can decide if she wants to keep em as they are or leave it till she walks in tomorrow? I was that peed off phone I didn't even think to mention money, her daughter was in the background saying you should have just had black that's awful! I don't think the colour is awful it looks stunning on. I've put a picture of the colour underneath x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359648622.006309.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359648622.006309.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 708
Because you asked her if she is happy with the color and offer to change she probably thinks is going to be free tom so I would contact her.
x

Because you asked her if she is happy with the color and offer to change she probably thinks is going to be free tom so I would contact her.
x

I only asked if she wanted to change whilst the product was wet though so I had time to remove because I only put it on 3 fingers I was doing the 4th before I needed to put it in the lamp, and she said no I love it. X

I only asked if she wanted to change whilst the product was wet though so I had time to remove because I only put it on 3 fingers I was doing the 4th before I needed to put it in the lamp, and she said no I love it. X

Yes I know, you asked her cuz they were wet but not sure she knows that.
I would still call her to double check she knows is going to be charged for remover and new set rather than her finding out tom. x

It's such a horrible situation but yes you have to charge her. She chose them, u did a great job!
Maybe call her and say would she like to bring someone with her tomorrow to help her choose as you would hate for her to have to pay for a third set if she changes her mind again. Then it looks like you're being helpful!
Good luck, I feel for you xx

And maybe say you'll remove them for free as a good will gesture but obviously will have to charge for another set of nails?
U dont owe her anything! But I'm soft so would probably do this just to keep her happy x

I would wait until tomorrow then when she comes in just say very casually, so it'll be £xx today for the soak off and new set, before you start, then if she questions it you can tell her she left happy and this is a new appointment.

Don't discount or give any freebies for this unless you want this be be a regular thing.

Basically you need to say "due to the sales and goods act, althought you changed your mind, your not entitled to a refund- full or partial. However you will offer her a rectification at £XX cost if she wants. But you are unable to offer any more due to asking several times!".

The laws on your side so chill out! but as a good will gesture to keep this client i would ensure that either way she goes happy.

offer to apply crackle over it or a layer it with another colour- engrave it so the blue comes out underneath! It will look bad ass! Less work for you, different solution than a soak off and new set! xoxo

I would call her as it comes across more professional.

Just explain that due to her being happy with the colour choice when asked and being happy with the full service you are unable to re paint them for free, and there will be an additional cost for removal & re paint , as I feel she maybe thinking that you will re do them for free!

At least then she can make a choice either to keep the apt or cancel

You could maybe give her a small discount because you won't need to file or do cuticle work but it's up to you really. And I mean small!

I agree with what everyone is saying though.

What a mad situation... That woman's family sound mean! Sorry for you. I agree with the others, she has to pay - it's not your fault you're caught between what she likes and what her imposing family don't. x

Ok so I phoned the lady as (correctly) the others have said its more professional, I explained that I would have to charge but as a good will gesture I won't charge soak off she said that its was unfair and that she felt pressured into making that choice so I went back through our conversation of her been happy with the colour at said time and she left happy she then said she is unwell and isn't really fit to make such a decision!!!! I said we did go through a full consultation of which you signed and you did not make aware to me that you was unwell at this time so I will remove for free but will have to charge for new overlays. She said it was wrong at her age and she wasn't coming and put the phone down! If that's her attitude I don't need clients like that so I'm glad she's not coming back. I always check, check and checks agin they are positive about the colour and I hate to be swayed myself over things so I know not to do it with clients they know they can have whatever they want when they come to me.
Just thought I would update thankyou all for you help xxx

Good for you Hun she sounded like a freeloader anyway and you don't want clients like that xx

She seems completely unreasonable! You don't need clients like that anyways hun. :)

What has her being ill or her age got to do with anything? If she pointed the bottle or swatch, agreed during painting and walked out happy then its not your problem. I would also say I don't understand why so many people let others influence them, the blue sparkles were the client as she chose them, its her family that don't know the real her and are controlling her.

In a way I'm glad you are rid, but I would like to know the relevance of age and health, other than being a young child she is old enough to make decisions such as nail colour (I would go as far to saying a 6 year old could choose a colour) xoxo

Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad you called her, u totally did the right thing and her attitude says it all. If she was genuine she would have said that she hasn't thought about the cost but understands and so will get use to the colour.

Sometimes u just get those clients who are like that. Hopefully others will comment at the event she's going to how lovely her nails are and she'll feel guilty! Lol

What a horror. I really dont havetime for clients who try to get something for nothing. I think the colour is beautiful and would love it on my toes :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back