Client claims Minx came off on holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi ya. I did Minx toes on a new client a few weeks ago for her holiday and also Gelish on her nails. I went back today and she said both had only lasted a week. I was gob smacked. She was really nice and wasn't bothered, never tried to get any money off or anything but said she just wanted to let me know. She is my sister in laws best friend so I know she is genuine. She said her sun cream contains Deet and thought that was the explanation for the nails. But I really don't understand the minx?? She said she had no choice but to take them off after a week but they were lifting and literally hanging off and looked terrible. Said they didn't take much for her to just peel off. She went to Thailand. Maybe it was just too hot?? Any advice much appreciated. I just feel really bad and disappointment as never had problems with minx before xx

minx is applied with heat and removed with heat, I think she has probably had closed toe shoes on at some point which will have made it really hot and friction from shoes = minx knackered! lol I did my minx when It first came out, went out one summer night with closed toed shoes next morning noticed they were wrecked! hth xx

Thanks. I asked about shoes and she said she only took flip flops with her. I mean she was really lovely and wasn't bothered at all and kept apologising if she had offended me. it's me who's the unhappy one as just couldn't understand it. X

Maybe it was just too hot on holiday... it says on the instructions even after a hot shower or bath that you may need to re seal the minx back onto the nail by heating it again.

Dont feel too bad about this it is just one of those unfortunate things.

Maybe try reccomending a clear topcoat of your chosen soak off gel for those who are having minx on to go on hot holidays? - but dont forget that this means that the client will not be able to remove your Minx service themselves at home... they will need to come back for a soak off.

xx

Last edited:
I have been on holiday with Minx on my toes for 2 weeks in the piping sun and in and out of the pool all day and its been fine. Why? Because I was careful not to knock it etc.
My sis just got back yesterday and says it only lasted a week because she was scraping her toes along the bottom of the pool!
You get clients that are careful and clients that are not. It's not your fault so I really wouldnt worry.
When people ask me 'how long will this last' I never give a time limit I always tell them 'it depends on how you treat it'
xxx

Last edited:
The suncream with DEET would have affected the Minx and the Gelish. Pretty sure that's the answer and it has nothing to do with the heat.

I went on holiday last year with flip flop tanned feet which I tried to correct by putting loads of suntan lotion on the already tanned bits (iykwim). My Minxed toes almost rubbed off and I didn't think my suntan lotion even contained DEET! Luckily I took some with me and re-applied!

Last edited:
I think it was a mixture of her not being careful, dragging feet at bottom of pool (not intentionaly) and also even in thailand the majority of road/pavement surfaces are uneven and with flip flops on its enevitable at some point your going to trip, bang your feet ect - theres also atlot of hustle and bustle -people standing on your toes ect ect

Latest posts

Back