Client compensation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Cannot believe this has happened - a regular client who has always been lovely has just turned on me this morning!

She was booked in for a facial and eyebrow tint but phoned last evening and cancelled the facial (she does this regularly) which is a pain but hey ho and nothing to do with my predicament. Anyway she turned up this morning and I put the tint (brown) on her eyebrows and then noticed the tiniest amount had gone on one strand of her fringe, I'm talking smaller than a pin head, I didn't miss a beat got a cotton pad with water and rubbed it off, it was nothing and it didn't stain. Obviously when it happened I told her and was not at all worried as there wasn't a problem. However after the treatment, she got up went straight to the mirror and accused me of tinting her fringe and she went absolutely mad, saying there was a line in her fringe and that I will have to pay to have it taken out which will mean having her hair highlighted!

I'm absolutely stunned, you really don't know people, I cannot believe she has behaved so irrationally and trust me if for one minute I thought I'd messed up big time I would be writing a different message on here asking how I could make it right!

I'm thinking about talking to my friend who owns a hair dressers and asking her to have a look for me as I'm now thinking she's just after money.:Scared:

Cannot believe this has happened - a regular client who has always been lovely has just turned on me this morning!

She was booked in for a facial and eyebrow tint but phoned last evening and cancelled the facial (she does this regularly) which is a pain but hey ho and nothing to do with my predicament. Anyway she turned up this morning and I put the tint (brown) on her eyebrows and then noticed the tiniest amount had gone on one strand of her fringe, I'm talking smaller than a pin head, I didn't miss a beat got a cotton pad with water and rubbed it off, it was nothing and it didn't stain. Obviously when it happened I told her and was not at all worried as there wasn't a problem. However after the treatment, she got up went straight to the mirror and accused me of tinting her fringe and she went absolutely mad, saying there was a line in her fringe and that I will have to pay to have it taken out which will mean having her hair highlighted!

I'm absolutely stunned, you really don't know people, I cannot believe she has behaved so irrationally and trust me if for one minute I thought I'd messed up big time I would be writing a different message on here asking how I could make it right!

I'm thinking about talking to my friend who owns a hair dressers and asking her to have a look for me as I'm now thinking she's just after money.:Scared:

What a nuisance! Cut the bloody strand of 'tinted hair' out!! Lol

Pay for her whole head to be highlighted? I don't think so!!! I think the most a hairdresser would charge for a 'tiny' on a fringe is £10 max!! Some people 😣

While very young at college a friend of mine who has bleached blonde hair with a red undercut fringe (she worked as a junior at Toni and guy) thought it would be funny to tint a strand of her hair with blue eyelash tint. It developed quickly and indeed she had a very thin blue strand. However it washed out quickly and that was blue tint on bleach hair. Just tell her to wash her hair a few times and it will fade out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Stop panicking! She is probably just reacting a bit like you are now so she might be ok once she has calmed down. If you have a hairdresser friend, then tell your client that you will book her in with this lady to rectify her fringe. It might be just removing the colour from that strand, it might be a couple of foils to correct it or it might be a case of trimming it out. It wont cost a fortune.

Has she actually asked for any compensation or money? And did you use a headband?

Stop panicking! She is probably just reacting a bit like you are now so she might be ok once she has calmed down. If you have a hairdresser friend, then tell your client that you will book her in with this lady to rectify her fringe. It might be just removing the colour from that strand, it might be a couple of foils to correct it or it might be a case of trimming it out. It wont cost a fortune.

Has she actually asked for any compensation or money? And did you use a headband?

I'm not panicking as trust me there is nothing there for a hairdresser to take out let alone put foils on. I suppose I'm reacting to the fact that she completely over reacted to nothing, if the tint had of taken she could have pulled that one strand of hair out.

Yes she is asking for me to pay for highlights.

You should have just got some stain remover and let that lift it off. but it will defiantly wash off. don't panic! xoxo

I'm not panicking as trust me there is nothing there for a hairdresser to take out let alone put foils on. I suppose I'm reacting to the fact that she completely over reacted to nothing, if the tint had of taken she could have pulled that one strand of hair out.

Yes she is asking for me to pay for highlights.

Scissors next time ;)

Can you get her an appointment with the hairdresser to evaluate the situation? If she is asking for anything, I would be wanting photos of the "damage". Have you phoned your insurance?

No, it's really not worth phoning my insurance as im confident she is completely over reacting, there is nothing there, therefore no claim could be made.

If she does get back to me re comp then I'll get my friend to look at it and she can tell her her hair is still perfectly blonde with no splodges of tint on it, I will also take a photo to cover myself.

In all honesty I was just taken by surprise as her reaction was strange, neurotic. Like I said if there had been a small amount of colour difference I have a hairdressers next door to me, I could have easily rectified it as it was minuscule but there wasn't.

Do you mind me asking where you are located? A very very similar thing happened to me just before Christmas. Hmmmm...?? Obviously for this to be a scam it's based on the chance that a stray strand 'might' get into the tint but this just sounded so familiar 😠

If this is really out of character for this particular client I would of been inclined to take a picture before she left the salon, the area in question may "get worse" before you see her again!?

WOW, this is weird....I think there must be more to this than meets the eye (forgive the pun....)
I bet you wish you never 'owned up'...I would have just wiped it off, and if it was as tiny as you've described it, she no doubt wouldn't have noticed or reacted. ;)

We are talking about 3% tint mix here...unless her hair was over processes and like straw to begin with it's never going to take more than 1 wash to go and if it's foils I'm presuming she has darker strands through her hair anyway so is probably looking at a completely different strand lol...... Belmacil tint remover is the best I've ever used...you don't even need to scrub...just a cotton bud wiped over once and it's gone, highly recommended.

I had an elderly lady, pure white hair...her eyes watered during a tint....she was like a reverse Morticia from the Adams family....all white with a black streak either temple...she quite liked it and laughed, but my Belmacil got rid straight away.

I would have taken a picture there an then of the said line of tint...and tell her it was for her records..lol

X

From my experience with clients, unless they mention things like this to you I would not have said anything to her, she is playing on it. If it was big enough for her to notice she would have said something to you off her own back, without you saying anything, to her. She is just looking for something for nothing I have had clients like this.
Hope it all works out for you.
Good Luck xx

I'm wondering if something has happened to her that is nothing to do with you, but you have somehow been on the receiving end of her troubles? I had a elder lady who refused to fill in a consultation card and carried on with me, so I told her I couldn't proceed with her treatment if not - it turned out her mother had died a few days prior. Sometimes things get the better of us and some poor person (you in this case) maybe on the receiving end of it. Just a possibility as you have said she's regular & normally ok xx

Latest posts

Back