Client concerns?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hiya... :)

i have a client who has booked her extenxions for next week my last one till baby..
but she is seriously setting off my alarm bells..

since booking she is constantly ringing about things i cant understand why:confused:

first she wanted sewing then changed to micro rings.. during this 3 days of her changing her mind had called maybe 8 times....

then she wanted micro rings longer length and i told her i wouldnt be able to get longer length in time... she was fine with that.. i asked her if she had any questions if she could email but she said she didnt know how..

anyway since then i have had constant calls everyday.. one very late at night yesterday..
i have patience i do.. but i am now wondering whether to cancel as i just have a bad feeling now... if i dont answer the salon phone she calls my mobile withheld and if i dont pick up she rings from various numbers and when i ring to see who it is.. its her..

i turned my phone off at one point because she just rings and rings....

everything to the last detail has been confirmed.... i cant even say what she calls about because its actually nothing tbh...

am i over reacting? would you still do her hair?

Hi,

I'm not sure what to suggest really but poor you- I guess this is the last thing you need at the end of pregnancy.

I think it's pretty out of order ringing someone late at night. I don't specify business hours on my website but I have (maybe wrongly) assumed that people would have the sense to limit calls to working hrs or at least daytime or use email.

If you do fit her hair make it clear that you are then on mat leave and are off limits- perhaps refer her on to another extensionist for aftercare?

Sorry this isn't much help, I'm sure someone more experienced will be along soon.

Good luck with the baby :hug:

S x

what a pain in the backside!

About a month ago i had a man booked in for a massage and he was just like your client. Called constantly and wanted to speak for ages, 20 minutes or more sometimes, with nothing much to say, just going over the same things.

It made me feel quite uneasy.

I did the client. He turned up on time and did nothing he shouldn't have. Paid and left. No problems.

So in my experience, go for it. However, i always go with my gut instinct and if she is setting off alarm bells, let her go. Ultimately its your decision. HTH xxx

i do have the hours on my website which is why i assume she rang the mobile..
ive had clients where they ring alot and ask alot mainly becuase they have had prevouis bad expereince.... but everytime i suggest she just emails she doesnt.. plus no-one has ever rang me a million times like this..:rolleyes:

i had one person who was similar when i ifrst opened and then refused to pay after her colour ....when i actually had a feeling she would be a problem when she booked for some reason....

Hi lenniob usually with people like this I would explain to her that although you cannot fit them just now bieng so close to term
but you will ring her as soon as you're feeling up to it

but in the meantime you could offer her a full and thorough fee consultation
but only when you're not busy , have someone there with you for moral support
and have lots of hair samples ready and place them on her hair to let her see them all ,
she may just want information on all sorts of applications ect ,
or if she is a bit of a bunny boiler you will have someone with you to help you judge her too ,

This way you will know for sure what type of person she is ! ..... then you could take it from there but on your terms after baby is born

just a way of trying her out first really , hth :) minky

the question is she worth the hassle?? do you need the money??
she sounds like she will haunt you even after the are done!!
i have had clients like this!!
i'd leave it and enjoy your last few weeks of peace,
best of luck with the baby xxxx:hug:

the question is she worth the hassle?? do you need the money??
she sounds like she will haunt you even after the are done!!
i have had clients like this!!
i'd leave it and enjoy your last few weeks of peace,
best of luck with the baby xxxx:hug:

thats whats on my mind.. ive seen it happen to other people ...

and if she is one of those clients it aint worth it..

i think i may just leave it

I have consulted with people like that, only to decide after the consultation that I couldn't please them. Sounds like you will together decide what to do, and halfway through the treatment, she's going to change her mind and go a different direction. Can't work like that.

I bet even after if you decide to do it and tell her you are going on maternity leave, she'll be calling you.... haunting you.....mwaaahaha.....

I was in the hospital a week after having my son emergency c-section after having a high risk pregnancy, with clients calling my cell asking me when can I do their hair...... they knew what kind of shape I was in and just wanted their hair done....

I wish you the best with your new little one :hug: and just stating from experience, go with your feeling. Sounds like you are reluctant, rightfully so, this woman is a mental case!

Personally I think she sounds like hard work. I would steer clear. People like that cost you more than they make you.

Hi, I think you are a pretty good judge of character especially after the other woman who messed you about ,
and if you have that same gut feeling like you had with her
then ...... you may be better trusting your gut instincts again and give this woman a miss :hug: x minky

yeah i think il refund the deposit.. etc... i dont know what to say though.. but the more i thnk about it the more im uncomfortable

Hmmm its a tough one but I am sure somone will come up with something good to help so don't worry too much just yet x minky :hug:

Just say you have took on too many bookings and you're just not feeling up to it and don't know when you will be resuming ,
so you think its only fair to give customers their deposits back :hug: x minky

Just say you have took on too many bookings and you're just not feeling up to it and don't know when you will be resuming ,
so you think its only fair to give customers their deposits back :hug: x minky

yeah il think il do that...sounds friendly but to the point.... :) she may not be how i think but i dont want to chance it right now..

yeah i agree, just say you don't feel up to the 3-4 hours fitting them.... you are 9 months pregnant, it's understandable!!! xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back