Client did a bunk!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a trifling #%*@!!!

Although client information cards are a useful tool, they're not in circumstances such as this. If a client is intent on theft, do you really think she will put down her correct info so the police can easily locate her?

When a client tells me she wants to go out for a smoke or step outside to make a phone call, you know what I do? I follow her right outside. Because I'm sure as hell not gonna let her walk herself straight out the back door and away with a free service!

I'll be the first to tackle a b*tch in a parking lot. :wink2:

I'm with Izzidoll. Every single last client has a fully completed record card before the treatment starts, even for a brow shape.
That said, it doesn't stop people acting like arses; they'll give false addresses and phone numbers if they feel like it. These people are fraudsters so it won't phase them to be dishonest about anything.

As an aside (and for a little light relief), years ago before I met my delicious humsbums, I did the Internet dating thang. I went on a couple of dates with this chap who seemed a very good sort so I invited him round to my house for dinner. All was going spiffingly, I had made the decision in my head that I might just allow him to get jiggy wid me, and I needed the loo, so I left him at the dining table. When I got back just a few moments later, he'd gone. I searched the house, but nope, he'd definitely gone, and his car wasn't outside either. How od
I began to worry that he must have received some dread news and had shot off to deal with it. I rang his phone and I was actually quite surprised that he answered.
"yeah, well it was obvious I wasn't going to get a shag so I thought there wasn't much point hanging around. Great meal though, cheers for that"
:eek:

Sorry to say Lynne your message made me chuckle, sounds like you had a lucky escape! What a gentleman!

Back to original poster, I am becoming less and less shocked by peoples behaviour, unfortunately! But if any consolation I believe what goes around comes around and she will get her karma.

Lesson learnt if any client again wants to go outside for a ciggie, say 'yes good idea I fancy some air I'll join you'. May help...who knows!

I have a situation where I am owed money by a client. It's my own fault, I allowed her to run an 'account' and she has cancelled her appointments until she 'can afford to settle her account' (her words). Unfortunately she has owed me this money since August an despite repeated requests from me including options to pay in installments she hasn't coughed a penny of it.......

Trouble is I'm also a fb friend - she's a long-standing client - and it grates when I see she's out and about presumably spending money when she owes me......

I've reached an impasse! Also I'm a fool for letting it get that far, she put me on the spot but ultimately I allowed it to happen.

Vetty, I will send you an official letter template.

I have a situation where I am owed money by a client. It's my own fault, I allowed her to run an 'account' and she has cancelled her appointments until she 'can afford to settle her account' (her words). Unfortunately she has owed me this money since August an despite repeated requests from me including options to pay in installments she hasn't coughed a penny of it.......

Trouble is I'm also a fb friend - she's a long-standing client - and it grates when I see she's out and about presumably spending money when she owes me......

I've reached an impasse! Also I'm a fool for letting it get that far, she put me on the spot but ultimately I allowed it to happen.

It's difficult when we've been in the industry for a while to admit when we've "been taken" by a client. By this time in our careers we feel we should know better.

I have so much respect for you. :Love:

It still amazes me what some people will do for the sake of a few quid!!

A mani & pedi without polish and for doing a runner, she will (or maybe not I suppose) be looking over her shoulder if she's anywhere near your salon for fear of being recognised let alone sitting at home wondering whether the police are going to knock on the door.

Im so annoyed tonight.
I had a client in this morning who decided to leave without paying!

She was booked in for 10:30 and rings me at 10:25 to say shes going to be 5 mins late is that ok, so i said yes. came to 11 i rang her asking were she was and she said she was only 2 mins away and then she got here.

My other therapist started her treatments luxury manicure and luxury pedicure, (she asked not to have her hands painted) as she was approching the end of the treatment just before she had her toes painted she asked to go for a cig, so i politely said yes.

i went down a few mins later and she had gone!
I rang her phone it was of, so left her a voicemail stating if she doesnt return or ring me i will involve the police.
i gave her 10 mins and rang the police.
They came to see me and had traced her number. but now this evening i have spoken to them again and her number is unavailable (been cut of)
They have given her until tomorrow afternoon to come and pay me, until they find and arrest her.

Im just worried now im not going to get paid for doing these treatments and its also caused me so much stress today (havent stopped speaking to the police whilst trying to work!)

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it of my chest

Well I wouldn't involve the police coz for this then me i wouldn't..

What a trifling #%*@!!!

Although client information cards are a useful tool, they're not in circumstances such as this. If a client is intent on theft, do you really think she will put down her correct info so the police can easily locate her?

When a client tells me she wants to go out for a smoke or step outside to make a phone call, you know what I do? I follow her right outside. Because I'm sure as hell not gonna let her walk herself straight out the back door and away with a free service!

I'll be the first to tackle a b*tch in a parking lot. :wink2:

Some of your posts do make me chuckle! I would never mess with you! lol

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. When I read things like this on here it makes me so mad. How can people do this to peoples business!

I hope everything gets sorted for you. xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

On Saturday I went for a cup of tea and a cake in a cafe with my mum. We were chatting away and then we left, and it was only when I got half way down the street I realised we'd forgotten to pay .. so I ran back all in a panic and paid what I owed (it was around £4.00!). The guy said that so many people would just walk out and never come back. He seemed really grateful – so it doesn’t just happen to us, but is incredibly annoying when it does.

i had this happen to me gfor a set of semi perm lashes £60 in the end the client came back and paid after police threatened to arrest and take her to court etc.. fingers crossed you get the money too x

Does sound like it was planned so she didnt have to pay......Im a mobile hairdresser I went for a facial and back massage a few weeks ago, i came out completely relaxed it was fantastic, i left the salon and went straight for petrol then to salon services and to visit my grandad 3hrs later as i was driving home it popped into my head that i didnt get a petrol reciept.....i then couldnt remember actually going in to pay for my petrol...i looked in my purse...i hadnt spent any money except what i got in salon services, i got home called the petrol station asked if anyone had been in that day and not payed for petrol....and they had....ME! I was so mortified!! It was a genuine mistake, i must have been so relaxed and completly out the zone from the massage that i got in my car and drove off, i promptly drove back down to pay it, they had of course called the police and reported me but as i had called them it being a genuine mistake they called them back to let them knowi had returned and paid....i still cant believe that i done it!!

Update: police have spoken to this girl and she has completely lied to them and they have took her side and told me I don't have a leg to stand on over this! I'm so angry I carnt believe them at all!

Small Claims Court...

Only ever had one client who asked to go out for a smoke, she picked her bag up so i said i'll come out with you, she put her bag back down and i locked the door behind us. She'd had lashes and nails done and was about to have her tan done so she may have been after doing a runner.

Had another client who was after a package...she had nails done and was having the tan and rest of treatments later in week. It come to her paying and she only had £15 on her and never came for the rest and has never been back since.

I only have 1 client who has an 'account' with me. She always pays up and it was someone i went to school with, I would never do it for anyone else.

That's shocking!!! Ur a bloody small business ( un-like tesco, not that I'm saying that makes it ok!) who is working there back end off trying to making a living!!!! How dare someone do that someone, hope they do get charged & have a criminal record!

Sorry for the rant but it's made my blood boil!!' x

I know, it's totally wrong!
I found out were she lives and she has now done a runner from her house and the police are still on her side and said if I approach her again ill get done for harassment
So angry!

Another reason for filling out a full client record card, the you would have her details and address to pass on to the police. Also if she knew you had her address she would be less likely to do something like this.
Very strange....would have been better if she had just not turned up!

The client could of given false details!

Lets just hope tha Karma gets her!

I know, it's totally wrong!
I found out were she lives and she has now done a runner from her house and the police are still on her side and said if I approach her again ill get done for harassment
So angry!

The law is always on the wrong persons side, I got attacked, had CCTV footage of it, made a full statement ad description, 2 security guards were witness and were helping to stop it all, the person was caught running, and when I did a line up (of which the officer said it was hard to distinguish as try used very good models) ad got it wrong the whole thing was thrown away. Coxo

Can you ring up all the salons in the local area stating her name and a brief description of her appearance so when she goes elsewhere, she will be made to pay before hand? Nothing more satisfying than helping out your competition :)

Latest posts

Back