Client did a bunk!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
Im so annoyed tonight.
I had a client in this morning who decided to leave without paying!

She was booked in for 10:30 and rings me at 10:25 to say shes going to be 5 mins late is that ok, so i said yes. came to 11 i rang her asking were she was and she said she was only 2 mins away and then she got here.

My other therapist started her treatments luxury manicure and luxury pedicure, (she asked not to have her hands painted) as she was approching the end of the treatment just before she had her toes painted she asked to go for a cig, so i politely said yes.

i went down a few mins later and she had gone!
I rang her phone it was of, so left her a voicemail stating if she doesnt return or ring me i will involve the police.
i gave her 10 mins and rang the police.
They came to see me and had traced her number. but now this evening i have spoken to them again and her number is unavailable (been cut of)
They have given her until tomorrow afternoon to come and pay me, until they find and arrest her.

Im just worried now im not going to get paid for doing these treatments and its also caused me so much stress today (havent stopped speaking to the police whilst trying to work!)

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it of my chest

Im so annoyed tonight.
I had a client in this morning who decided to leave without paying!

She was booked in for 10:30 and rings me at 10:25 to say shes going to be 5 mins late is that ok, so i said yes. came to 11 i rang her asking were she was and she said she was only 2 mins away and then she got here.

My other therapist started her treatments luxury manicure and luxury pedicure, (she asked not to have her hands painted) as she was approching the end of the treatment just before she had her toes painted she asked to go for a cig, so i politely said yes.

i went down a few mins later and she had gone!
I rang her phone it was of, so left her a voicemail stating if she doesnt return or ring me i will involve the police.
i gave her 10 mins and rang the police.
They came to see me and had traced her number. but now this evening i have spoken to them again and her number is unavailable (been cut of)
They have given her until tomorrow afternoon to come and pay me, until they find and arrest her.

Im just worried now im not going to get paid for doing these treatments and its also caused me so much stress today (havent stopped speaking to the police whilst trying to work!)

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it of my chest

That's terrible you poor thing. I don't know how some people have the nerve to do something like that. Hope the police get her and fine or something.

What a shame what is wrong with these people?!! I know it won't help you get you money back but you should ring round all other salons in your area with a description of her so they know not to take her appointment. I hope she gets caught! X

I hope that there's a genuine reason for her leaving like that. I cannot believe how anyone could do that!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

omg!!

do you have her personal details address etc? how did she book ? x

Cheeky mare! Hope she breaks her leg or something.
Glad your not like so many who moan and get annoyed but do nothing about it! She needs to learn her lesson be it the hard way.
Try not to let it get to you, they will find out who she was and sort it for you xoxo

I'm scared of this happening to me! Has anyone else had this?? And if so what did u do?? X

Oh no that horrible but I have to point out 2 things. You were incredibly nice to A. Still carry on with her treatments when she was half an hour late for her appointment. And B. Why let her out for a ciggie? Is have politely said no sorry you were x amount late, we have other clients so really can't fall behind any more than we already are.

Tough lesson to learn but I do hope you've learnt from this experience and I hope it gets sorted soon.

xxx

Another reason for filling out a full client record card, the you would have her details and address to pass on to the police. Also if she knew you had her address she would be less likely to do something like this.
Very strange....would have been better if she had just not turned up!

I'm with Izzidoll. Every single last client has a fully completed record card before the treatment starts, even for a brow shape.
That said, it doesn't stop people acting like arses; they'll give false addresses and phone numbers if they feel like it. These people are fraudsters so it won't phase them to be dishonest about anything.

As an aside (and for a little light relief), years ago before I met my delicious humsbums, I did the Internet dating thang. I went on a couple of dates with this chap who seemed a very good sort so I invited him round to my house for dinner. All was going spiffingly, I had made the decision in my head that I might just allow him to get jiggy wid me, and I needed the loo, so I left him at the dining table. When I got back just a few moments later, he'd gone. I searched the house, but nope, he'd definitely gone, and his car wasn't outside either. How odd!
I began to worry that he must have received some dread news and had shot off to deal with it. I rang his phone and I was actually quite surprised that he answered.
"yeah, well it was obvious I wasn't going to get a shag so I thought there wasn't much point hanging around. Great meal though, cheers for that"
:eek:

Your prob not this woman's first victim, she prob does it to other salons and business.

I ask all monies to be settled before I start the treatment, as I too have had this happen to me in the past

Fortunately for me though the client did end up setting her bill before it went legal

Last edited:
"yeah, well it was obvious I wasn't going to get a shag so I thought there wasn't much point hanging around. Great meal though, cheers for that"

You were well rid of him! :)

That has been happening in my area but the client has been claiming that she has left her bag in the car

I'm with Izzidoll. Every single last client has a fully completed record card before the treatment starts, even for a brow shape.
That said, it doesn't stop people acting like arses; they'll give false addresses and phone numbers if they feel like it. These people are fraudsters so it won't phase them to be dishonest about anything.

As an aside (and for a little light relief), years ago before I met my delicious humsbums, I did the Internet dating thang. I went on a couple of dates with this chap who seemed a very good sort so I invited him round to my house for dinner. All was going spiffingly, I had made the decision in my head that I might just allow him to get jiggy wid me, and I needed the loo, so I left him at the dining table. When I got back just a few moments later, he'd gone. I searched the house, but nope, he'd definitely gone, and his car wasn't outside either. How odd!
I began to worry that he must have received some dread news and had shot off to deal with it. I rang his phone and I was actually quite surprised that he answered.

Haha and did you make him feel worse by saying "actually you were just about to, I wasn't going to the loo I was changing into my sexy undies" haha! "And no you can't come back!"

I did a consulation card with her, but she gave me false details according to the police.
I havent spoken to them since friday, so going to get on to them today to chase it up.
Gutted this has happended tho! x

Surely anyone who is scummy enough to do a runner is not going to give genuine details on a consult card.

I did a consulation card with her, but she gave me false details according to the police.
I havent spoken to them since friday, so going to get on to them today to chase it up.
Gutted this has happended tho! x

Such a shame :( some people really just don't care, my step sister works in a bar and got given a fake £20, it's dark and busy so didn't realise till th end of the night and had to pay her own money! Also the same if someone eats and runs. Totally unfair.

Hopefully karma will get her and she will end up loosing money, or her car will break and she will have to pay £100s to get it fixed, that's how it usually works,

All cos she wanted a mani pedi. She is now not going to be able to use your salon again and I bet your not the only salon she has done it to. So more fool her when she needs an eyebrow wax.

I people do this and such a shame as your trust will never be the same, next time you will have to mke sure they pay or leave there bag in side.

I seem someone who done similar in a pizza shop. Ordered 3/4 pizzas, one was handed over and the rest were being boxed and they done a runner. Joke was on them... They had already paid and was too drunk to remember.
I even got a free slice while waiting for mine :) xoxo

That's a horrible thing to happen but reading it has made me think, I'm such a trusting person, I don't have a card machine and sometimes clients don't realise or forget so I just tell them to pop the money in, I give products to clients and let them drop the money off!!! I know I'm asking for trouble, something like this is a hard lesson but sharing it with us will make a few people like myself think twice. xxx

Oh no that horrible but I have to point out 2 things. You were incredibly nice to A. Still carry on with her treatments when she was half an hour late for her appointment. And B. Why let her out for a ciggie? Is have politely said no sorry you were x amount late, we have other clients so really can't fall behind any more than we already are.

Tough lesson to learn but I do hope you've learnt from this experience and I hope it gets sorted soon.

xxx

although whilst filling out record cards is important, if some horrible people are that way inclined and intend to run out on appoinments like that theres nothing stopping them giving a fake address / phone number
x

Latest posts

Back