Client getting lots of spots and blackheads but not very oily skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
I have a client who comes into the salon for facials and her skin doesn't feel very oily but she gets lots of blackheads and break outs. Could this be because of dehydration rather than oily skin?

I myself suffer with this problem and i know that mine is hormonal. for me, a good skin care routine helps, remove make up as soon as she can. i use a daily exfoliant as its mild for every day use and during a bad spell, witch hazel is good. all simple but works well with out aggrevation. my pores tend to be open all time rather than closed which is why they get blocked, HTH

I Agree. Maybe Hormonal, Or Possibly If Shes Older Menapause.

Speaking of blackheads - do you ladies offer extraction as part of your facial procedure? I was trained in college years ago to do this but have since thought that therapists had gone off doing it for fear of scarring/bruising/ capilliary damage etc?

Any thoughts?

Lisa

I Do SomeTimes If THe Client Needs It And Only After Steam, To Open Pores, Not With A Tool, But With Hands And Using Gloves And Tissue

Tilly

The skin is dehydrated and in needs of exfoliation. Aha's might help. Change the moisturizer but try to do a cleansing facial (extractions!)

I have a client who comes into the salon for facials and her skin doesn't feel very oily but she gets lots of blackheads and break outs. Could this be because of dehydration rather than oily skin?

The skin is dehydrated and in needs of exfoliation. Aha's might help. Change the moisturizer but try to do a cleansing facial (extractions!)

Thanks I thought it might have been dehydration causing it

What is her usual homecare regime.She is probably using harsh products to treat her spots and blackheads which will consequently dry out the rest of her skin

What is her usual homecare regime.She is probably using harsh products to treat her spots and blackheads which will consequently dry out the rest of her skin

I too would be interested in her homecare routine... maybe she doesn't have one!?

Certainly not all problem skins are oily... many are hormonal... and many simply don't keep their skin clean:eek:

she is using products for oily skin and treating her spots with antiseptic spot sticks. The sides of her nose feel quite dry and her skin just appears to be all over the place. Some parts dry and other parts oilyish with large blocked pores and alot of blemishes in her t zone. Dont know what to do for her as there are soo many different ailments that need treated

I wonder if it might be down to the makeup she's using too? I changed my foundation a bit ago and had quite a lot of breakouts and blackheads in places where I've never had them before, like on my cheeks and stuff!

she is using products for oily skin and treating her spots with antiseptic spot sticks. The sides of her nose feel quite dry and her skin just appears to be all over the place. Some parts dry and other parts oilyish with large blocked pores and alot of blemishes in her t zone. Dont know what to do for her as there are soo many different ailments that need treated

she is using products for oily skin, that's probably the problem, as you've said she doesn't have oily skin!
she needs to start moisturising properly as at the moment she's drying her skin out which is blocking the pores and making her poor skin try to compensate by producing more sebum, causing the spots etc. she should find a difference quite quickly if she starts using a light moisturiser and steers clear of te oily skin products.

Latest posts

Back