Client picking off nails - would you still book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5@MB

Reaction score
I had a chat with a potential client today, she is getting married in April and wants her and her family to have their nails done. She was also with a friend, who has hers done at an nss, so they were also chatting between themselves vi explained all her options and the differences between those and Shellac, how amazing it is, good for nails as no filing etc etc. Her friend said that following her trip to the nss her nails are sore, she also said she picks them off. My potential client said she would do the same, so I obviously told them the dangers of doing so and how easy Shellac is to remove if she chose that method. She just shrugged and said she'd rather pick. So my question is... Would you still provide a service to her knowing she'll pick of any product despite being told the damage it would cause? Or go ahead with the appointments anyway with the knowledge that you told her the dangers?

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm... Yes I think I'd still offer the services but ensure they sign a client record card to say that you've advised not to pick off of the product and the damage it can cause.

It's up the them if they want to waste money on lovely nails just to pick them

x

Of course I would. Not every client is going to follow aftercare advice but theres not a whole pile you can do about it.

You have provided the relevent aftercare advice to the client, they know what will happen if they choose to ignore that advice. If she wants to ruin her nails by choosing to pick it off that's her business, your business is nails so do her nails and let her off :D

Yeah I agree aslong as you give aftercare which I am presuming you have breifly went over when drescribing the nails thrn its her problem if they come of and not yours. If you turned away every client who went away and did something you told them not to you wouldnt have half the clients. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I would do her nails ...

She sounds like she will not do aftercare and she doesn't care so make a note of that on the CRC and give NO guarantees as to how long the service will last. It will only last as long as she follows advice and also leaves her nails alone.

Haha thats true. My head was telling me to do it but I just wondered what you lovely geeks thought. X

Why not offer her a "remove tube" that way when she gets the urge to pick, instead of waiting for an appointment from you, she can remove her shellac safely without damaging her nails?

Yes I would still do it. You've advised her of how bad it is for her nails to pick them off and she is happy to go ahead.

Lots of people pick them off, they just don't tell you! ;)

As already said why not sell a remove tube or do a package that includes removal with a mini mani and solar oil buff. This way she can see how fabulous her nails will be when products are removed correctly.
Vicki x

I told her about the remove tube, hopefully if she has Shellac she'll go for that. X

Latest posts

Back