Client refusing some details for record card.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes; that is what I would do.

I was tempted to switch the md machine for my neighbours sandblaster and give her a little etiquette lesson, but alas my insurance wouldn't have covered that portion of the treatment lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek[/QUOTE]

lol

My friend works in a bank and told me that regarding criminal activity that your postcode is all someone needs to find out all sorts about you which is why i now shred all my address details on my post. So I understand someone not freely giving this out. Also most clients are impressed I take the time to fill out a record card and ask for allergies etc. Occasionally i have someone that answers a sacastic 'no' before ive even finished the question but at the end of the day I state this is for their benefit as well as mine. They would soon complain if they had an allergic reaction to something you used on them!

When I was trained for reflexology we was trained to include doctors number incase we had to liase with them regarding a medical matter, not that ive ever had to.

Clients need to realise that our work can run risks, god forbid it ever happening, but we are professionals doing a professional job x

I think some of you should ask your insurance EXACTLY what the min requirements are to be kept on a CRC. I think nail technicians often ask far too much personal information!

Why doctors info? When would you ever need that?

BTW 'Date Protection' now applies to all records that include a certain amount of personal info not just that stored in a computer.

I think some of you should ask your insurance EXACTLY what the min requirements are to be kept on a CRC. I think nail technicians often ask far too much personal information!

Why doctors info? When would you ever need that?

BTW 'Date Protection' now applies to all records that include a certain amount of personal info not just that stored in a computer.

just this week i have needed DRs info for 3 clients! i have to write letters to them to ask if the client is able to have the treatments they have requested, as my insurance states Drs permission must be given!!

My friend works in a bank and told me that regarding criminal activity that your postcode is all someone needs to find out all sorts about you

I don't understand how anyone could find much out from a postcode, considering several houses will share the same postcode. Not to mention if you give someone the rest of your address they can find out your postcode within minutes if they want to.

just this week i have needed DRs info for 3 clients! i have to write letters to them to ask if the client is able to have the treatments they have requested, as my insurance states Drs permission must be given!!

Nail services? I'll be interested to know if the Dr's reply without charging a fee for the letter to your clients.

In my experience dr's will write letters if it is paid for privately. I'd also be interested in what the treatments are that need dr's letters.

I'm not doubting you but am genuinely interested.

My friend works in a bank and told me that regarding criminal activity that your postcode is all someone needs to find out all sorts about you

Firstly your postcode identifies your street. Nothing more and it would be easy to find out the street postcode for anywhere just using a Sat Nav or a site like the AA Route Planner.

Secondly if you really want to be worrying about fraud and what people can find out then your NAME is all someone needs to find out all sorts about you. If they have extra details like your DOB & address it will make it easier but tbh if someone wants to clone you they will no matter what you do as there is soo much information out there available to people who really want to find it.

Have you ever googled your name? You may well be surprised at what you find - especially if you use your name as a username on any sites.

Nail services? I'll be interested to know if the Dr's reply without charging a fee for the letter to your clients.

In my experience dr's will write letters if it is paid for privately. I'd also be interested in what the treatments are that need dr's letters.

It can be done quite simply and not costing anything. I sometimes need clearance from GP's as I carry out red vein, skin tag removal etc. I have a printed form that I give to the client and all the GP has to do is fill it out. They have all been happy to do this and does not incur a charge.:)

It can be done quite simply and not costing anything. I sometimes need clearance from GP's as I carry out red vein, skin tag removal etc. I have a printed form that I give to the client and all the GP has to do is fill it out. They have all been happy to do this and does not incur a charge.:)

Absolutely! This is an 'invasive' treatment and you have a standardised form.

I was asking about nail services. Things may have changed and I'm interested

Firstly your postcode identifies your street. Nothing more and it would be easy to find out the street postcode for anywhere just using a Sat Nav or a site like the AA Route Planner.

Secondly if you really want to be worrying about fraud and what people can find out then your NAME is all someone needs to find out all sorts about you. If they have extra details like your DOB & address it will make it easier but tbh if someone wants to clone you they will no matter what you do as there is soo much information out there available to people who really want to find it.

Have you ever googled your name? You may well be surprised at what you find - especially if you use your name as a username on any sites.

Bet I know what we're all doing now:eek:!

Maybe we should start a thread in chit chat and compare the crazy stuff we find :green:

I've never had anyone refuse information on my consult cards. But, I did have one lady ask me if I was going to give out her address to anyone else.

I don't ask for doctor's name, but I do ask if they have or have had a stroke, high blood pressure or diabetes. And if I they do, I have a separate piece of paper stating the risks and what not and it asks them to sign saying they waive their right to get a written statement from their doctor. I explain that I would prefer a written statement from their doctor, but if they want to proceed without one and can say it's safe, they need to sign off on it saying they know the risks and I'm not at fault in any way. I'm sure insurance is different here than in the UK (or anywhere else). But, as far as I know, insurance doesn't require any type of paperwork. I do this just to cover my own rear!

My consult card, waiver for high blood pressure/stroke, and waiver for diabetes.

Attachments

• ConsultationForm.jpg
    ConsultationForm.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 13,087
  • Massage Liability.jpg
    Massage Liability.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 3,227
  • Diabetic Liability.jpg
    Diabetic Liability.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 2,757
I've never had anyone refuse information on my consult cards. But, I did have one lady ask me if I was going to give out her address to anyone else.

I don't ask for doctor's name, but I do ask if they have or have had a stroke, high blood pressure or diabetes. And if I they do, I have a separate piece of paper stating the risks and what not and it asks them to sign saying they waive their right to get a written statement from their doctor. I explain that I would prefer a written statement from their doctor, but if they want to proceed without one and can say it's safe, they need to sign off on it saying they know the risks and I'm not at fault in any way. I'm sure insurance is different here than in the UK (or anywhere else). But, as far as I know, insurance doesn't require any type of paperwork. I do this just to cover my own rear!

My consult card, waiver for high blood pressure/stroke, and waiver for diabetes.

Unfortunatley a waiver is usually not woth the paper it's written on. You should ask your insurance provider as most will say it's a Dr note or your not covered to do the treatment.

It is a very similar situation to patch testing, lots of people get a waiver signed to say the client refused the patch test - it's not worth anything and if the client was to sue they would win a claim if the waiver is your only defense.

No, not for nails. For eyelash tinting, for people who suffer from epilepsy.
The Drs do not charge if you make it easy for them: write a letter that they just have to cross out i give permision/i do not give permision and sign. include a stamped addressed envelope! had no problems doing this before.

Unfortunatley a waiver is usually not woth the paper it's written on. You should ask your insurance provider as most will say it's a Dr note or your not covered to do the treatment.

It is a very similar situation to patch testing, lots of people get a waiver signed to say the client refused the patch test - it's not worth anything and if the client was to sue they would win a claim if the waiver is your only defense.

My insurance company states clearly that a disclaimer will not stand in court!

I guess it's another difference between countries! As long as I am doing a job that I am licensed by my state to do, and am following any and all steps to ensure the client is safe, a signed statement from the client saying they are aware of their condition, know the risks, and certify it is safe to proceed will stand.

Hospitals will have a patient sign a release waiver stating they are refusing treatment, why wouldn't that stand in court? Same thing, only reversed.

Absolutely! This is an 'invasive' treatment and you have a standardised form.

I was asking about nail services. Things may have changed and I'm interested

I mentioned this as I believe it makes no difference - invasive or not:D You can still have a standardised nail form with different boxes for the GP to check regarding the concerns you have. I also have a few blank lines for them to add any comments. It really does not have to be any different.

Out of interest has anyone ever had a situation where their client has become ill or had a medical emergency during or caused by having their nails done?

My insurance is very strict so have to get doctors permission for everything virtually, but it would be interesting to know if anyone has any experience of medical emergencies due to nails.

xx

Out of interest has anyone ever had a situation where their client has become ill or had a medical emergency during or caused by having their nails done?

My insurance is very strict so have to get doctors permission for everything virtually, but it would be interesting to know if anyone has any experience of medical emergencies due to nails.

xx

Never! And I pray I don't. All I can do is do everything I'm trained and went to school to do. Follow ALL sanitation rules and don't cut corners. That's the biggest thing for me. It seems all too easy to shorten the time tools or the pedicure basin disinfects because you 'know the person' and know they don't have any type of fungus or disease. But, never take that chance! Universal Precautions means you treat EACH client as they ALL have a bloodborn illness or disease.

Knowing that I'm disinfecting completely for each client, I am confident that each client is getting a perfectly safe and sanitary treatment.

Latest posts

Back