Client says all her nails fell off overnight!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jem87

Reaction score
Did a clients acrylics yesterday and tonight she has txt to say they have all fell off this has never happened to me before i have txt her back asking if she has had her nails in bleech n hot water for to ong etc im waiting for txt bk what would u do

U need to see them ASAP. Never in a million years would all ten fall off over night, did u use your usual stuff,dehydrate,bonder ect? My guess is she's not used to wearing them and had bit them all off! Check her nails for damage that would be present if she has done this? Maybe she only wanted them for a night out and now wants her money back? If her nails show signs that they have been ripped off then stand up for yourself and your work, if there is any truth in her claim then absolutly re do them as you don't want her bad mouthing you but I have never in the last 14 years ever experienced 10 nails falling off overnight. Let us know how u get on

She txt me back saying the ony thing she did was wash up with gloves i know she has never had acrylic coz she said she has only ever had gels once, i txt her back apologised for what has happened and said this is the first time this has happened. i have offered to do another set but no reply has of yet, i did everything the way i have always done them, i have been doing acrylics for 6 months now so im fairly new to it but its just knocked my confidence abit coz i hope this doesnt happen again

Sorry but unless you majorly screwed up, she is having a ginormous laugh!

I know nothing about you or your level of experience so it could be down to you but you say, this has never happened before! Not sure what that means ... never happened before out of 200 clients or never happened before out of 2 clients.

Only you know if you need to offer a Free set. But all 10 off sounds near impossible to me.

what products did you use. what kind of training did you have? How long have you been doing nails. How large is your client base?

I use Nsi products i studied acrylics at my local college in september 2010 and qualified in feb this year so been doing them about six months and never experiened nails falling off the next day, min i can do 3 clients a week with acrylics coz im only part time

I use Nsi products i studied acrylics at my local college in september 2010 and qualified in feb this year so been doing them about six months and never experiened nails falling off the next day, min i can do 3 clients a week with acrylics coz im only part time
Well you are not a complete novice then so I would presume she is taking the mik. No refunds no redos for free. And by the way, enhancements are not removed or loosened by bleach or water if that info is of any help to you. They are loosened by teeth though.

They are loosened by teeth though.

Lmfao

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Gigi,i just LOVE some of your answers on Geek.This HAS made my night:hug:

So very happy that someone 'gets me'!! :green:

Every time I see a post like this I want to laugh. I do not believe it is possible to have 10 acrylic nails fall off over night if done by a trained nail tech. Not even in school did I see such a thing.

A bad set of acrylic nails might be weak and break easily, or not be smooth at the cuticle and leave lots of places that catch or be picked at, or even lift. This could result in a client picking/chewing everything off. (as geeg points out :eek:) But just falling off I can not imagine.

I would want to talk indepth and face to face with any client claiming that happened and have them give a detailed explination of what they were doing when they "just fell off". They need to come in for a consultation, show the acrylic nails that fell off, and look to see if there was any damage on her nail. Texting is not the way to find out what happened.

I would bet the acrylic product would be in bits, not whole and there would be tons of damage to her natural nails. Any of these signs would show that she is not truthful and trying to take advantage of you.

I hope you get the problem sorted out. Try not let it knock your confidence if your doing 3 sets a week for the past 6months you must be at quite a good standard and like everyone else says even if your nails are'nt up to scratch all 10 fall off over night!! Seriously! She's defently trying to pull one over with you don't offer her any freebies.
Chin up :lol:

This woman is just trying it on with you. . I expect if she hasn't had them before she possibly didn't like the feel of them and picked them off. . that'll also explain why she doesn't want you to do them again (or at least hasn't replied to your offer to do them again) as she just wants the money back and live a life of unpleasant nails!

She txt me back saying the ony thing she did was wash up with gloves i know she has never had acrylic coz she said she has only ever had gels once, i txt her back apologised for what has happened and said this is the first time this has happened. i have offered to do another set but no reply has of yet, i did everything the way i have always done them, i have been doing acrylics for 6 months now so im fairly new to it but its just knocked my confidence abit coz i hope this doesnt happen again

Please keep us posted on how this plays out. I'm sure we're all very curious what the outcome is. In my years of doing nails, I've NEVER had a client have ALL her nails fall off. That's bulls**t.

I agree with Gigi. Sounds like teeth to me and you'll be able to spot that right away.

Years ago, I had a client tell me she woke up in the morning and all ten nails were on the pillow :eek: Whatever! What people like this don't realise is that they can really knock your confidence and question your ability.

You said you have had no problems before, this client is trying it on. No refunds, no redos for free, be prepared to lose her as a client if necessary - she is not worth it.

U need to see them ASAP. Never in a million years would all ten fall off over night, did u use your usual stuff,dehydrate,bonder ect? My guess is she's not used to wearing them and had bit them all off! Check her nails for damage that would be present if she has done this? Maybe she only wanted them for a night out and now wants her money back? If her nails show signs that they have been ripped off then stand up for yourself and your work, if there is any truth in her claim then absolutly re do them as you don't want her bad mouthing you but I have never in the last 14 years ever experienced 10 nails falling off overnight. Let us know how u get on

Agreed! She just wants a freebie!

No way would all 10 nails just fall off there was definitely some force involved by the client. Has she come back to you about your offer to redo them?
She's probably just trying to get her money back as she didn't like them. I would ask to see her nails so you can make a proper judgement of what has happened. If she won't see you then you know she has picked them off.
Don't let it knock your confidence hun, you will always get clients from time to time just seeing what they can get out of you. Rhiannon x

I think everyone that has replied will agree, she won't accept a new set she will want her money back - that just proves it doesn't it!

I did offer to re do them, but she wants a refund so i have gave in and i will be giving her one, the best of it is she wants me to send the money in the post to her which is really odd making me think the nails could well be still on or they have come of with force and i would be able to tell. just hope she doesnt try it on by saying i have not posted the money even tho i will be monday

I wouldn't have offered a refund, but you have done what you have thought is best.

Also she asked for it to be posted, which in my mind means she still has them all intact and looking good, so I certainly would not post her money to her!

If she wants her refund, she would definately have to come to me to collect it in person, no way would I send it out to her!

If she genuinely has no nails left (which I seriously doubt) then she should have no problem coming to collect the refund from you. If she doesn't want to collect, I would then say "well I'm out and about on monday so I'll call to you and give it to you in person, you know how Royal Mail can be with losing post!" and leave it.

If she is that desperate for her money, leave the ball firmly in her court and make sure she knows that you know she having a huge laugh at your expense.

People like this don't deserve to have good nails and make you feel like crap!

Arrrrggghhhh!

Xx

I wouldn't offer a refund without seeing them, you can't get a refund for a product in a shop without taking the faulty product so she shouldn't expect different from you.
That's how I would've played it, but you do whatever sits right with you hun. But I really wouldn't post money,what if she claims she didn't receive it?

I did offer to re do them, but she wants a refund so i have gave in and i will be giving her one, the best of it is she wants me to send the money in the post to her which is really odd making me think the nails could well be still on or they have come of with force and i would be able to tell. just hope she doesnt try it on by saying i have not posted the money even tho i will be monday
No way, why are you doing this to yourself? Re-do if you really think necessary - but NOT a refund, no chance - what will you do if she then goes on to tell all her friends about her free set of nails, you're setting yourself up to be walked over :(

I'd send another text saying that you've had a re-think and would like her to come in to assess the nails yourself. :)

Latest posts

Back