Client suspects possible nail infection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need a bit of advice. We have a client at the salon who has been coming to us for quite a while for CND Shellac, I've just received this message on our facebook inbox..

"Hi, I had shellac applied last Friday and as a result of pushing back the nail cuticle the skin was broken and I seem to have developed an infection. I am looking for advice what to do about this?"

Apart from telling her to see her gp if she really suspects an infection what else can I say? I'm looking at her photo from last Friday and I can't see any cuts or broken skin that she is talking about.

I'm not sure how to proceed with this, our prep is very gentle we don't force any "cuticle" back we gently use a cuticle pusher to find the cuticle, use cuticle away and use a curette. We don't use scissors or any kind of nippers to cut away living tissue.

I will ask her to send a photo and if she believes she has an infection to go to her gp but I really don't think it has anything to do with us if she really has an infection :/ all tools are thoroughly cleaned and submerged in Mundo before use.

How do I help her without sounding like the salon is admitting any blame? Of course if it was down to us I would be mortified!

Can someone help?

I think in the first instance what you have already suggested is right. Refer her to GP and also ask for a picture. You can compare the before and after and then see what her next move is. I certainly wouldn't make any comment at this point regarding cause. Keep the contact short and sweet.

Latest posts

Back