Client wanting to pay for treatments 4 days after!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SistaBliss

Reaction score
evening ladies

i've just had a text from someone i've never met who wants a couple of treatments tomorrow but wants to know if she can pay me for them on saturday! i'm a bit shocked as i've never met her and i can't believe she's even asking me this! i have had the same hairdresser for years and she is a friend but i would never ask her to do my hair but pay her later! it only comes to £20 for the treatments but that's not the point, has anyone else ever had this? i can't even be bothered to reply!! thanks ladies rant over xxx

IMO it's a straight no... she doesn't go to Asda, put her food through the checkout and then ask if she can go back a couple of days later to pay AFTER she's taken the food home and cooked it... :eek:

Be strong with her :wink2:

lol you're right! can you imaging doing that?? don't worry i'm a strong person there's no way i'm saying yes to this, just can't believe the cheek of it!! xxx :eek:

some people have a cheek would she go to the supermarket and ask them if she could pay four days later no! people think that do my head in they seam to forget we may love our jobs but we have to make a living

lol thats funny we both had the same thought he heh

I would do what you have already said and actually not answer her.

You can't be sure that she would pay you at all.

Jacqui xx

Yes it is cheeky but in my experience not uncommon - I have had this a couple of times before.
However i would not ignore her, a cheeky client is still a potential client & her friends.

My reply is always ' I'm sorry hun but i do not do credit anymore, due to past experience, i am hapy to book you in when you are ready thank you etc.,' x

I always think that when they have got the money they will always remember the nice (all be it NO) reply xx

thanks for your comments ladies its always nice to hear different views on things :hug: xx

No, no, a thousand times no. I also can't believe she had the nerve. I bet she'd never pay you either.

OMG! the cheek of some people, I would say its company policy blah blah, ive had this with a couple of regular clients who said they'd pop money in later (I am a bit soft!), and even regulars id panic. No way would I let this with someone I didnt know! It wouldn't even occur to me to even ask if I went somewhere.

Can you imagine the look you'd get if you went to Boots and said 'i want this now but i'll come back and pay you' ???!

Some people are incredible aren't they! The only lady I have who pays after the treatment is a lady who's been coming for 8 years. One visit she'd forgotton to bring her cheque book so she went home and transferred the money directly into my bank account and now she does that every visit. I guess she could do it before she comes but when I check my bank the next day the money is always there so i'm happy with it. Would I let a stranger do that ... never!

Iv had a few that after I have done their nails have said oh iv not got any money with me! Can I drop it in later? It bugs the hell out of me but what can I do. They always have put the money through my door but how wrong is that! I wouldn't dream of doing that to anyone... And the other one I get it il give you a post dated cheque as I don't get paid till next week..... The joys of running our own business xx

In the salon I used to work at all beauty clients paid for their treatments before hand .... We used to say, I'll take your bill now so you don't smudge your nails/so you don't have to fumble in your bag after your tan/so can can thoroughly relax after your facial ... Etc. I have 2 clients that don't always pay on the day, both ive known for 10 years plus ... One puts the money into my acc for me and one will pay double the week after.

If I didn't know them .... Nope your not pulling that one lady lol x

No, no, definitely not! The cheek!

I'm the same as nicolaluise, I have started asking for payment before treatment (tanning, waxing and nails) and say the same thing.

I've never been asked if they can pay later or had anyone say they haven't got the money or enough, I just read a lot about it on here and decided to safeguard myself.

Because I give a valid reason, no-one has complained or even questioned it.

Xx

Another thought on this...we had an email from someone claiming that they had tried to get an appointment but couldn't get through so we rang back on the number they gave in the email and it just rang until it rang off.

The call to that number cost us nearly £5 from our shop mobile!

The number started '070' which many would assume was just a mobile number - but it's not. It is a go anywhere forwarding number used by scammers.

We researched a bit and our findings are HERE

how cheeky i just couldnt ask this myself

i have let a few good regular customers do this in the past ,but no way if its a new customer

some people just take the pee xxx

My God How Cheeky ! deff NO NO hun , and yeah i either wouldnt reply or put her straight that treatments are paid for on the day and thats your policy.

E honest some people

I have a regular client who never brings money with her, She started off paying as she went. However now she regularly has the same two treatments at a cost of £30.00 and forgets to bring her money. I may see her at netball or in the bar where she works and she discretly hands me my money and its always £40. I have to be honest Im not sure how I feel about this situation so I have never spoke to her about it !!

Latest posts

Back