Client wants a refund-what should I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5@MB

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I did shellac and smoothing gel on a client 3 months ago and she messaged me after 4 days and said it had all come off. When I went to remove the remaining she said it was all over the sheets in her bed in the morning, I thought it sounded odd but didn't say anything. I offered to re-do for free but every appointment she made she changed, everytime I offered an alternative she couldn't make it. She has just messaged me to say can she have her money back. I'm reluctant to refund as I couldn't test whether it was my application or the aftercare. I live in a very tight knit community and don't want to get bad mouthed. What would you do? X

Explain to her its been four months and you ha e offered on numerous occasions to re do her nails for her and she has passed up that offer therefore given the time frame you can no longer offer her a refund. Did you get to see her nails when she first complained? I think she os just being cheeky and seeing how far you would go. If she really had a problem with her nails and wanted them sorted she would have had them done asap when she first complained. Be polite but explain the no answer to her. Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I would refund and then never book her in again.

Or you could offer her her money back in a credit voucher with you?

You know if she is a time waster or not. Ive had experience with ppl like that (see my posts! lol). I took everyones advice and just avoid these dodgy clients like the plague. I cant imagine asking for my money back 3 months after a shellac in a salon, would u?

If no one else has had this problem and youve tried it on friend and family too and theyve had no problem then she is probably a picker or wants a freebie

xx

I wouldn't offer a refund. You spent money on product and time in doing her manicure. It's been months since she had an issue...if there even was an issue. Her description doesn't make sense at all.

You have offered her a new set, she decided not to do that....end of. Plus, if you weren't able to see her nails right after said "issue", then there's no way to determine what the actual problem was and correct it.

Betwwen her contacting me to say its peeling and me actually getting to see her she said it came off in the night! I have clients that experience issues with Shellac but never ever heard of it coming off in the night. X

I've done about 500 sets of Shellac now and never, not once has a set ever magically fallen off overnight. She's trying it on. She probably had one lift or peeled one off then decided she needed an excuse.

You offered to rectify the situation but she did not accept your offers, your time and product have already been used therefore there is nothing to refund.

If you are really concerned you could offer her a small discount on a future treatment as a goodwill gesture.

I wouldn't give a refund ... ESP has she didn't give you the opportunity to put it right 3 months ago and didn't come back for you to see what had happened to the shellac ... (if there was a problem !!!) ...
I would stick to what you originally said - offer her a replacement set (or voucher (with a time limit of 3 months)

Personally I would just give her money off next time on a voucher or something because she doesn't have to use it she could give it to a friend or family member, just tell her your sorry but you did offer to redo them several times but she changed the plans x hope this helps x

Thanks Ladies! X

She is a 'chancer'! Of course you will not refund. You didn't see the damage she claims happened ... Ridiculous! And she's waited over a month! As for bad mouthing you? I'd risk it and use any talk to let people know you are a professional not a pushover. she will talk, if she is going to talk, no matter what you do. Refunding her won't keep her quiet so don't think it will. I would be very disappointed if you knuckled under and gave in to this person and you will be twice as disappointed in yourself. :hug:

Thanks everyone. I've sent her a message and will see what she comes back with. X

If you have sent her the message I hope you have sent then it doesn't matter what she says, and what you do should not depend on what she says regardless of what she comes 'back with' .... You should not enter into any more dialog with the client after telling her there will be no refund. End it once and for all. No more justifying your position, no more explanations or it will go on and on.

Latest posts

Back