Client wants grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooo where's my VU lamp, let's go through how to use Gellac again........

I really think you should stop commenting when your not a qualified hairdresser!

I agree, not only are you not qualified, your advice is actually wrong and 12/11 is not designed to be used as a toner over bleach.

As for the playground bully comment - that's rich ..........

Thats rich ?? Its bullying end of..
Ur a cocky little cow aswell u loce it.. I havnt said anything about her being qualified I dont like how she spoke to her like **** so pipe down...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

*love*

thats rich ?? Its bullying end of..
Ur a cocky little cow aswell u loce it.. I havnt said anything about her being qualified i dont like how she spoke to her like **** so pipe down...

Sent from my gt-i9505 using salongeek mobile app

omg!!!

It would appear that new Geeks are not making themselves aware of site rules, particularly this one.....

Thou shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

Now could the nail techs please vacate this thread and leave colouring to the Pros.

This is an educational site and information also has to be factual and correct.

Last edited:
Beckstar.. playground bully.
Why follow folks posts and talk down to them like crap ? Wheres admin

Bully????

How is pointing out that someone isn't a hairdresser bullying?
It lets others know not to follow the advice she is giving as it's not correct.

Whereas beckstar is qualified and can give the correct advice.

I thought all the "bully" shouters were gone clearly not.

In the adult/real world disagreeing with someone isn't bullying!

Bully????

How is pointing out that someone isn't a hairdresser bullying?
It lets others know not to follow the advice she is giving as it's not correct.

Whereas beckstar is qualified and can give the correct advice.

I thought all the "bully" shouters were gone clearly not.

In the adult/real world disagreeing with someone isn't bullying!

There was no advice I think the lass has gone now.
I dont think she will be coming back.

Move on now...the rules are quite clear, posted here for all to see, the matter has been dealt with, there has been no bullying, and we are all now going to stay constructive and cut out the sarcasm.....

So let's get back to grey hair!

Beckstar.. playground bully.
Why follow folks posts and talk down to them like crap ? Wheres admin

Playground bully for stating someone's not a professional?
The advise she has given on more than one occasion has been wrong!
A junior or someone less experienced than some of the other geeks on here might take her advise and cause some serious damage! We take this site as PROFESSIONALS seriously!
So if I think someone isn't a professional giving out advise like that I'm going to say!
Why don't you stick to nails instead of coming on the hair thread mouthing it off to me and other geeks!
Your opinion isn't relevant at all on this thread so I think you need to pipe down LOVE!

Beckstar actually gives those of us who have trained long and hard to be accomplished colourisists fantastic advice. People who have taken a twelve week course to make up 'enrichment' hours at college don't qualify as colourists in my book. This girl clearly dosen't know anything about colour and the rules clearly state that pro's don't advise non-pro's advice on using potentially dangerous chemicals. I paint my nails once in a blue moon for a night out, I'm not asking the beauty geeks to give me a step by step on using a gel lamp. Same principal applies.

Thank you x

Sorry iv just seen this! Had to defend the "bullying" part!
I won't be commenting on this thread again think iv made my point!

Hey all, had the client today but had a total nightmare getting hold of the affinage colour so ended up using wella special mix 0/81 mixed with wella 10/8 which gave a good result, although hair needs to be a level 12 in order to get a good coverage. Will attach a photo of before and after but doesn't show the colour very well. Would say using the special mix 0/81 on its own on pre lightened hair would give a much better result.

Plush Hair

I like it. It might just be the picture - but it seems like a nice, soft look and a good way for the client to ease from blonde to full on grey without it washing her complexion out.

Hey all, had the client today but had a total nightmare getting hold of the affinage colour so ended up using wella special mix 0/81 mixed with wella 10/8 which gave a good result, although hair needs to be a level 12 in order to get a good coverage. Will attach a photo of before and after but doesn't show the colour very well. Would say using the special mix 0/81 on its own on pre lightened hair would give a much better result.

Plush Hair

Yes it looks a lot better!
There's no level 12 Hun did you mean 10?
Also maybe next time try 9/8 I find it's better coverage on grey dropping down that one level
Then try toning with 8/81 see if this works better x

Sorry iv just seen this! Had to defend the "bullying" part!
I won't be commenting on this thread again think iv made my point!

I can't see how a nail geek is allowed to start throwing flippant comments around like cocky cow and bully- to two experienced colourists that say a non pro shouldn't be dishing out advice on SEVERAL threads- me and beckstar have every right to defend ourselves.

I wouldn't go for a little sniff around the nail forum getting in on the action.

Anyway end of - back to PRO hair advice.

How about 10/ with 7/81 illumina, that could be nice. Bt I imagine the 10/8 with 0/81 is a great shout!

I wouldn't use a high lift to tone as previously mentioned, it's not built for toning.

How about 10/ with 7/81 illumina, that could be nice. Bt I imagine the 10/8 with 0/81 is a great shout!

I wouldn't use a high lift to tone as previously mentioned, it's not built for toning.

I love 10/8 and 2cms of 0/81 to tone kimi really gives a ice white look bit a ting of blue but my clients love it so it grabs obvs the blue hue washes out in one wash but they get a extra wash out of it so there happy haha x

I'm scared of 10/8 as I'm worried it tones too much...but I haven't tried it since I've had a bit more confidence with toners, I'm looking for a bluey tinge to my own hair so I might try it next time I get mine done, thanks!

I'm scared of 10/8 as I'm worried it tones too much...but I haven't tried it since I've had a bit more confidence with toners, I'm looking for a bluey tinge to my own hair so I might try it next time I get mine done, thanks!

Yes give this a go I think 10/8 is one of my favs I use it a lot but with the 0/81 you get the right blue ting but watch it carefully let me no how you get on x

Yes give this a go I think 10/8 is one of my favs I use it a lot but with the 0/81 you get the right blue ting but watch it carefully let me no how you get on x

I'll be back on here like "I've turned my hair blue" lol

Latest posts

Back