Client with eyebrow tint problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breeksy

Reaction score
One of my clients eyebrows just will not stay tinted - it starts to fade after a week. Her eyelashes are fine though. Is there anything that can be done to help the tint stay for longer, or any particular brands of tint that are better than others?

TIA

I'm assuming you are using the same product on the brow as you are lashes, if so then the shelf life must be ok. Are the hairs on the brows grey? Have you tried leaving the tint on a bit longer?

I would ring your trainer and ask for their advice.

Regards
Deb379

I have this problem with one particular client that has very course grey hairs and they are a nightmare to tint and fade really quickly.

I was recommended to try Combinal eyelash/brow tint which I have bought today so I am going to try that on her after she has been skin tested again.

How old is your peroxide.Maybe its that.

Because there is no pigment in grey hair it means it'll be harder to colour.

Deb379

I was taught that brows only last between 1-2 weeks anyway and eye lashes between 3-5 weeks so this is normal if my clients want very defined brows i leave the tint on them for 10 minutes :)

Check with her what she is putting on her face and over her eyebrows, if she is toning over them accidently when doing her face and her toner (or cleanser) contains alot of alcohol which unfortunatly alot of them do, then this could be stripping the colour from her nicely tinted brows.
HTH
xx:hug:xx

Do you remove all the oil from the area before tinting using witch hazel, pre-wax lotion or toner?

Thanks for the replies.

The products are new, just had them maybe two weeks at the most, so thats not the problem, and her eyebrows aren't generally grey - although she does have varying colours, and the lighter colours in her eyebrows don't take as well.

I'll check with her about toner use - thats certainly could be a factor, and will make doubly sure that her eyebrows are free of anything greasy before applying.

Once again, thanks.

i have only ever used one brand of tint so i have nothing to compare it too

but lighter coloured or grey hairs will take longer to tint

next time try leaving the tint on for longer and see what happens

I think eyebrows are tricky... as the tint takes so quickly I personally don't leave it on very long at all but that does mean the tint doesn't have a lot of staying power. But if you leave the tint on for 5-10 mins then the eyebrows can look very severe and not all clients would like that look. I personally like Refectocil Light Brown because you can leave it on for a bit so that the effect lasts a bit longer, without it looking scary. I get it from Beauty Express.

I'd rather avoid refectocil, as it has not been deemed safe enough to be sold in north america - I'm not sure then why its ok here...

if clients want a longer lasting eyebrow tint then they have to go darker then they want to to start with. it fades within a couple of days anyway. But because generally speaking you can only get tints in black brown grey and blue your limited to what you can offer them.

If i have clients that are hard to tint, i leave the tint on for 5 to 10 mins, explaining to them that this will giev them the best results as it will develop properly but may be a ittle dark at first, they are usualy fine with this.

also they MUST have it done regularly to get a build up of colour. if they come after maybe 2 weeks to start with they will have a decent build up of colour, so it should last even longer next time, so they may be able to move to 4 weeks. then they must get them tinted and waxed if they have that done, every 4 weeks, religiously. I promise, it works!

if clients want a longer lasting eyebrow tint then they have to go darker then they want to to start with. it fades within a couple of days anyway. But because generally speaking you can only get tints in black brown grey and blue your limited to what you can offer them.

If i have clients that are hard to tint, i leave the tint on for 5 to 10 mins, explaining to them that this will giev them the best results as it will develop properly but may be a ittle dark at first, they are usualy fine with this.

also they MUST have it done regularly to get a build up of colour. if they come after maybe 2 weeks to start with they will have a decent build up of colour, so it should last even longer next time, so they may be able to move to 4 weeks. then they must get them tinted and waxed if they have that done, every 4 weeks, religiously. I promise, it works!

Some great advice there.

Thanks

x x x

Have you ever tried using the peroxide first, using a q-tip apply it to the brow just enough to wet the hairs, leaving it sit on the eyebrow for a minute or two then taking a kleenex, gently wipe it off and then apply the tint.

the peroxide will soften the cuticle of the eyebrow hairs thus allowing the tint to penetrate deeper. Works everytime for me.

Have you ever tried using the peroxide first, using a q-tip apply it to the brow just enough to wet the hairs, leaving it sit on the eyebrow for a minute or two then taking a kleenex, gently wipe it off and then apply the tint.

the peroxide will soften the cuticle of the eyebrow hairs thus allowing the tint to penetrate deeper. Works everytime for me.

This is interesting. Might try it on myself. But if you have already put peroxide directly onto the brow, would you also mix the tint with peroxide, or just apply the tint as it is?

This is interesting. Might try it on myself. But if you have already put peroxide directly onto the brow, would you also mix the tint with peroxide, or just apply the tint as it is?

you would apply the tint as normal afterwards.

I was taught that method as pre-softening in hairdressing terms. Useful for stubborn hard to dye hairs.

I had never thoughht about doin it on brows though.

Jayne, would you ever use hair tint on brows? Is there much difference between the two.

Latest posts

Back