Client with greenies, how do I answer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamper yourself

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

A lady called asking for advice about discolouration in her nails. To me it sounds like she has pseudomonas. Anyways I told her to see her dr about them. She asked her pharmacist and she gave her Canisten drops antifungal.

Do you know if she gave her the right thing or should i tell her to call her dr? Also she asked if she could cover them. I told her they need light as the fungus likes the dark. Can she put top coat on or a translucent polish or should they stay bare?

Thanks

Excellent article. Thank you very much.

Still unsure about the Canisten as I don't think it will pass through gels or polish.
If she has a bacterial infection and is using anti-fungal drops they won't make any difference as they're two totally different things.

I would ask her to pop along to see you so that you can see her nails for yourself. Fungal infections aren't very common on fingernails, more so for toenails.

:hug:

Excellent article. Thank you very much.

Still unsure about the Canisten as I don't think it will pass through gels or polish.

ok got to the end of article :smack: :rolleyes: which says no over the counter products will kill an infection so dr preferably derm should be recommended for infection

If she has a bacterial infection and is using anti-fungal drops they won't make any difference as they're two totally different things.

I would ask her to pop along to see you so that you can see her nails for yourself. Fungal infections aren't very common on fingernails, more so for toenails.

:hug:

Good point. I'll give her a ring and ask her how she's doing and if she would like me to see them. She's not a client yet so I don't want to seem pushy.

If its a bacterial infection, soak the enhancements off as exposure to air will prevent the bacteria from growing. Refer to a derm if its really bad (circa black) or continues to get larger and/or darker or if your professional opinion warrants it.

Latest posts

Back